american table on every carnival by end of feb??

ginka

The menus posted with the table sharing option are old.

They have recently removed the table sharing option and added more apps and deserts.

I could only find the updated version on the menus for a 4 days cruise but check them out there looking better then the old ones. They brought back some old menu options as well.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalImagination/menus/index.html

:D:D

I am looking forward to the change in MDR menus. Even though I only cruise every two, three or even four years apart, the old menus were becoming quite boring to me. I always found something good on the old menu, but I do like the look of the American Table menu, and especially like that you can order your side dish to your own liking.

When it first rolled out, I was disappointed in the lack of soups, as well as desserts, as well as being very confused about the "for the table" items and if one could order them for a solo diner. Now it seems they have worked through these issues and added many things back into the menu that people missed.

I love the port specific option on the American table menu, and also appreciate that you can still order some basic items as grilled chicken, pork, or flat iron steak each day.

I hope that by my next cruise, September this year, the new menus are in place.

From the looks of it, I think we will either be ordering off the children's menu or will be eating on the lido deck depending on the night. My sons will just not eat any of the seafood, and will be very sad that the fried chicken that they loved is gone off the menu. I guess we are just not into the gourmet type of food. Looking at the menus, I find myself not wanting to go to the MDR for just a cold soup and WCMC.

I am the exact opposite. Fried chicken in a dining room? Yuck! That's buffet food...as is meatloaf and Mac and cheese.

Indeed these new menus have more seafood....something I cannot get enough of especially being landlocked.

The old menus are just that.....old. Leave the home cooking food for the Buffett.

I agree. Fried chicken is something I pick up at the grocery store or at a fast food place. I always thought it was an odd choice for the dining room.

And while I like meatloaf, pot roast and ribs, these are things I cook at home. When I go out, I like to eat things that are unique, something i wouldn't make for myself or my family. And since there is a kids menu, I don't have to listen to my kids complain about something new and foreign (although they are very good and adventurous eaters).

John Heald recently reported that the tablecloths are not going away!!

On the Liberty last week, I was pleased that we did have tablecloths. There were some good things about the new menus - especially being able to order specific sides. Desserts are still boring and mushy. Glad to see more soups than when "American Table" first rolled out and NO "for the table" items presented to us.

On the Liberty last week, I was pleased that we did have tablecloths. There were some good things about the new menus - especially being able to order specific sides. Desserts are still boring and mushy. Glad to see more soups than when "American Table" first rolled out and NO "for the table" items presented to us.

GottaLuv do you have any pictures of the menus?