american table on every carnival by end of feb??

ginka

this is a sample for one of the Carnival ships that already has the American Table

http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm#at

Thanks! I just looked through the menu and I'm excited to try it! I like all of the fish options and port-inspired options.

How does the "for the table" part work?

Thanks! I just looked through the menu and I'm excited to try it! I like all of the fish options and port-inspired options.

They stopped the "for the table" offerings except for the bread basket. You can ask them for a bread basket for just your party though.

I enjoy all types of seafood but avoid it on the ships due to questionable farming practices commonly used in Asia, e.g. shrimp and talapia raised in cesspools loaded with antibiotics to keep them alive long enough to get to market.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJdtCn2vF7XCoSaD1zQnnxkmuYQMAXfh3LR6zXzTGkMCEjNRA

The shared menu items didn't go over well with the traveling public.

Edited by sanmarcosman

I did post the question on John's facebook page, but he is not answering questions until the 8th when he returns. However, if they were planning on rolling it out fleetwide at the end of this month, it would have already been announced. So, I think it is doubtful for this month. I would not be surprised to find them rolled out before summer though.

I wish there were some more 7-8 day menus, but until it is fleetwide I guess we will have to wait.

The only thing that really surprised me was I noticed when the wait staff was clearing the table next to us and setting up for the next guests, they replaced the un-used wine and water glasses back on the table, which to me seemed very unsanitary. They used to come and take away the glasses that you weren't using, now they sit there the entire meal. We met a gentleman at sea day brunch who commented on the same thing happening at the late dining time also.

Oh no...this reminds me off our Princess Trans. when people were eating at the Lido and other table areas. Staff would set up the part of the table that people were not eating on. I even ask the server why he was setting it up before the table was cleaned and he said that is what he was told to do.

Does anyone know if they still have the cold fruit soups? I love those and would hate to see those go away.

Just got off the Imagination Saturday and they did have the cold fruit soups. I liked the flatbread apps also, different each night

They had changed the physical menus since our cruise on the Imagination at the beginning of December. Gone were the awkward giant menu board and in its place a tri-fold menu

Thanks for the menus...I think most look wonderful. Glad they have chicken and pork chops as my DH is not that adventurous of an eater.

Only thing I might miss and this sounds silly, but the tablecloths. Just something so special about going to dinner each evening and having that little touch of elegance. Liked the kids menu also!!

Nope

From the Rare finds part of the 2nd day menu of the most recent Imagination 3-4 day American Table Nov 2014 - while only 4 days these are currently the most up to date or tweaked menu's currently posted I have seen.

Braised Rabbit

Garlic, red wine

http://www.zydecocruiser.org/CarnivalImagNov/menus/index.html

Have been lucky enough to sail on both the Imagination and Inspiration several times since the roll out and have notice many tweaks and differences.

Not all of the ships have the new tables, the Inspiration still uses tablecloths.

Imagination has the tri fold menu, easier to read and handle.

Didn't see rabbit on the Inspiration 4 day in January.

Some of the recipes have been tweaked drastically.

Favorites so far, off the top of my head, have been the Salmon entree (special for Southern Ca) and the seared tuna appetizer.

I'm happy they brought back the Indian Vegetarian.

Will see what changes have been made in a month. Leaving on the Inspiration again this Friday.

The only thing that really surprised me was I noticed when the wait staff was clearing the table next to us and setting up for the next guests, they replaced the un-used wine and water glasses back on the table, which to me seemed very unsanitary.

Damn, that is NASTY :mad:

They stopped the "for the table" offerings except for the bread basket. You can ask them for a bread basket for just your party though.

This is great news! The shared sides were the biggest (well, the only) problem I had with the American Table. I'm very happy that Carnival has gone back to individual side dishes. The new menu looks interesting, though I'll miss the pumpkin soup if it's truly gone now.

I don't have time to read all the postings on here, but is the American Table menu what they would serve in the MDR?

Yes, MDR for dinner. It is only on 4 ships now, I believe. I think the Glory, know the Liberty because we were just on her and 2 others. I am not a fan, but didn't go hungry!

From the looks of it, I think we will either be ordering off the children's menu or will be eating on the lido deck depending on the night. My sons will just not eat any of the seafood, and will be very sad that the fried chicken that they loved is gone off the menu. I guess we are just not into the gourmet type of food. Looking at the menus, I find myself not wanting to go to the MDR for just a cold soup and WCMC.

Speaking of the lido deck, has anybody gone there during the American Table or American Feast menus? Do they have the same/similar items? Or do they have some of the old standards on the lido deck?

Speaking of rabbit on the menu ... my grandfather was from Germany and loved to eat rabbit whenever he could catch one. They way he cooked it was fabulous!

From the looks of it, I think we will either be ordering off the children's menu or will be eating on the lido deck depending on the night. My sons will just not eat any of the seafood, and will be very sad that the fried chicken that they loved is gone off the menu. I guess we are just not into the gourmet type of food. Looking at the menus, I find myself not wanting to go to the MDR for just a cold soup and WCMC.

Speaking of the lido deck, has anybody gone there during the American Table or American Feast menus? Do they have the same/similar items? Or do they have some of the old standards on the lido deck?

Speaking of rabbit on the menu ... my grandfather was from Germany and loved to eat rabbit whenever he could catch one. They way he cooked it was fabulous!

Glad I'm not in your shoes, couldn't stand to do lido dinners, of course that means if the MDR does suck now I will be paying more for food. Music to Carnival's ears I suppose.

And don't you worry about that gourmet food in the MDR, it wasn't before and it still won't be despite some fancy names and usually fancy dishes.

And the everyday menu is still pretty bland looking. I would order off the kids menu rather than suffer a Lido dinner ;)

We went to Lido buffet twice on our B2B because we were in port late and got back to ship late and didn't want to go to MDR for a full dinner. Food was almost exactly the same and very good. I have gone up there AFTER eating in MDR and a lot of people eat there. How old are your sons? I am sure they will find something to eat and it's a good chance for them to sample foods they would normally not order. Hey, you never know! As I mentioned a few posts ago, I am not a sea food eater besides lobster, shrimp and tuna fish salad sandwiches, but I LOVED the tilapia. And if they don't like something they ordered, they can order something else. And if they don't like ANYTHING after the meal, there is always the deli or room service! Or pizza! :p;) I have 2 very picky eater sons who went on cruises with us (now grown up!) and know where you are coming from, even tho it was the "old menu" back when we cruised. They might surprise you!

The "off the grill" part has some more standard/plain options each night - grilled chicken, pork chop, steak, fish. And you can get a baked potato, or french fries to go with them.

I responded to your other post about this. Not sure what you are considering gourmet, but I don't see much that is gourmet on the new menus. They really are a lot like the others with some changes. Make sure you are looking at the latest Imagination/Inspiration 3/4 day menu. That one is from the end of 2014. They have done a lot of tweaks to the original menus for American Table. The kids menu looks pretty complete and there are always 4 basic choices on each day - a fish/seafood, flat iron steak, a chicken & pork chop. There are about 9 different appetizers each day and about the same main courses to choose from.

As I mentioned I am a pretty picky eater but I can find at least 2 things each day on the menu and more some days.

Do you know if you can still get the Indian veggie food if the ship has changed to the American Table??

I often order that if I don't find anything interesting that night.

Yep - that option was on the AT menu every night on the Liberty back in October. I never tried it, but I should have!