Stateroom assignment - not happy.

schauki

It sounds like you have taken a QTY and complained about it before. You need to be happy with any cabin they give you if you book a QTY for the lowest price.

We booked 2 rooms.

1 MM where we can choose the room number - 8149

1 MM QTY

Of course the QTY could be anything, we know that, but the one where we choose the room on the deckplan?

Why they give us the choice?

Why they told us that if we want a specific room we have to book this, no QTY?

Especially because during the communication during the last cruise the told us if we want "special" rooms we have to book it. Now we have done it an get the same like a QTY.

Let's see what the TA will say. I'll post it here.

Best,

Richard

Edited by schauki

I'm sorry you have had problems with your booking and cabins. I hope you can move beyond it and enjoy your cruise. Maybe you can get it rectified before you sail but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Next time you will know to request "no upgrade".

We had the privilege to be your very beautiful part of the world last fall. Loved it. m--

I'm sorry you have had problems with your booking and cabins. I hope you can move beyond it and enjoy your cruise. Maybe you can get it rectified before you sail but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Next time you will know to request "no upgrade".

The problem ist that our request seems to be ignored.

We told them, the cabin number, that we want to have late dining and cabins not next to each other.

Now we have other cabins than selected, other dinig time and cabins next to each other.

I think we should have requested "please not a suite" :D

We had the privilege to be your very beautiful part of the world last fall. Loved it. m--

I'm glad to here that you liked it!

Would you have cancellation penalties were you to cancel and rebook?

No cancellation options.

But if we have the option, and book again - what will be the difference?

We will choose a cabin and they give us an other.

Best,

Richard

Edited by schauki

Looking forward to good news from your TA. You'll have a great cruise but the anticipation is usually part of the fun. There are good reviews of "anytime dining" when you and the rest of your group can dine whenever you wish, but you may prefer the more traditional set table and set time. What a nice time of year to escape the cold weather!!!! Have fun, Cherie

Dear Schauki -

Honestly, I think these are a lot of first world problems and I would suggest to just roll with it. ;)

A "request" by definition is just that - you're asking for an accomodation and that does not mean you are promised anything. I suppose that I do not understand why it would have been OK for your two MM cabins to end up possibly next to each other (with one of them being a GTY), but now in the K cabins that is horrible?

Why is the door next to the bed an issue? Late Dining is very often booked up, but then available once on board. See what the DRM can do for you.

I don't think anybody maliciously tried to mess with your ideal cabin situation or disregarded your wishes. Just enjoy your travels and don't sweat the small stuff! :)

Gute Reise!

I am curious how you found you have GTY assignment 10 months in advance of your cruise?

I'm not sure what you mean.

The cruise starts on 15.02.2015 - this is in about 10 days not months.

Dear Schauki -

Honestly, I think these are a lot of first world problems and I would suggest to just roll with it. ;)

Yes I know, but I think we don't want more (in case of service or price) that we paid for.

A "request" by definition is just that - you're asking for an accomodation and that does not mean you are promised anything. I suppose that I do not understand why it would have been OK for your two MM cabins to end up possibly next to each other (with one of them being a GTY), but now in the K cabins that is horrible?

Of course we could end up with rooms to each other in the MM.

But now it seems that they (TA or HAL) do it with intent.

They changed the room to have them next to each other!

Why is the door next to the bed an issue? Late Dining is very often booked up, but then available once on board. See what the DRM can do for you.

We like some "distance", my girlfriend always want to sleep away as far as possible from doors.

Late dining issue ist not that big problem. But in addition to the cabin issues...

I don't think anybody maliciously tried to mess with your ideal cabin situation or disregarded your wishes. Just enjoy your travels and don't sweat the small stuff! :)

Gute Reise!

I think they changed the room to do us a favor.

And they had mor work with this than let the assigned MM and put the GTY anywhere.

They just should read our "requests".

I hope we will get good news from the TA tomorrow.

Best

Richard

Edited by schauki

Just a note about the size of the cabin. Most of the cabins in any category will be the smallest of the sizes. The largest size in the same category is a handicapped accessible cabin. So there aren't a huge assortment of sizes out there ;)

As it happens, I have been in mm8149, a friend stayed in that cabin, so I got to go in it a few times over the past three blues cruises.

It is really small. Yep, not enough room to change your mind. No matter what, a side cabin or a 'long' inside cabin, you are only a couple of steps to the door.

I have seen inside mm8159, which is a sideways cabin, it was the same size as the other, just a different furniture placement.

As a usual dweller in 8157 on the Nieuw Amsterdam, I can tell you the 8th deck is a great location for the pools etc. However, these cabins now have been downgraded in categories. 8157 used to be a VA now it is a VF. For a regular snooze cruise, you may hear a little bit of scraping of the chairs on the pool deck. On the chartered Blues Cruise there are two 15' stack of Marshall's directly overhead. In the early morning, I cannot hear any regular chair scraping or anything. Up until 4:30am, the ceiling is pounding.

The minor chair scrapes weren't bothersome. But for many people they are very annoying. So the "upgraded" cabins are preferred by lots of folks.

Hopefully your TA can help you by either sweet talking HAL into giving you a different cabin assignment, or you can pay a little extra and get the cabin you want. Best of luck!

Hi!

Hopefully your TA can help you by either sweet talking HAL into giving you a different cabin assignment, or you can pay a little extra and get the cabin you want. Best of luck!

We just want to have this what we paid for.

The MM 8149 was the cabin we want.

And who can gurantee that we get the cabin we want if we pay a little extra?

And when you book two cabins together, they are linked and are often assigned close to each other.

Or as has been stated you must indicate "do not upgrade ".

Yes I think moste of the people want cabnis close to each other.

For the next time we will indicate "do not upgrade", but I'm not sure if it helps, because we also indicated "please not next to each other", "late dining" during booking process.

I think that the TA doesn't communicate it in a proper way to HAL.

But we are not allowed to communicate directly to HAL.

Best,

Richard

Hi!

First feedback from TA:

"HAL doesn't make mistake. So no roomchange anymore."

But they forward our wishes not to HAL.

I think it is no big problem to go back to the first assigned MM, because it's possible to book the room now.

Im quiet sure that the TA never forwarded our wishes to HAL. And HAL is doing that what most of the people want - cabins next to each other.

And HAL doesn't know our - in my opinion not "exorbitant" - wishes.

We told the TA now to forward our mail to HAL, and we also want to read the answer from HAL, because I think it's no (big) problem for HAL.

Just a "click" in HALs Computer Hotel System. And I think a pleased customer is worth the "click".

Think this was the last time our TA.

Best,

Richard

The two conclusions I draw from this is that you need to change TAs and you need to mark "no upgrade" on any future reservation.

Find a good TA that will convey your requests to the supplier (HAL in this case). Also, one that wouldn't make a silly statement like "HAL doesn't make mistake." For me, I would like the changes they made but since that is not your wish the TA needs to represent your desires. That is their job.

Regardless, enjoy the cruise and put this behind you. Don't let it ruin a vacation. :-)

Edited by jmps

Hi!

Yes I think we will change the TA for the next cruise.

And of course not forget the "no upgrade" button.

The TA told us that they will ask HAL to change back to the MM. No answer until now.

But why we have to explain the TA to forward our wishes. The job of the TA is to fulfill our wishes with as less as possible work for us.

I will keep you up to date!

Best,

Richard

Good luck with the TA listening to you and forwarding your wishes on to HAL. I think HAL WANTS customers to be happy so they will be repeat customers.

We are on the same cruise. We asked for a verandah guarantee and are very happy with our stateroom.

I really hope you get your original requested stateroom -

Pat

Possibly a part of the problem could be the late dining request if you and your friends wished to dine together. Even if you do not link your cabin reservations in any way, that dining request provides the link. We had that happen once. We had a chosen cabin and did check "do not accept upgrades". Our travelling companions also had a chosen cabin and said they would accept an upgrade. We were both upgraded and our cabins were side by side.

I hope your situation works out in an agreeable manner, but if not, I hope you can find a lot of positives on the cruise that will outweigh this negative situation.

We were upgraded from an interior room (our favorite) to one with a window. It took a phone call, but we were able to keep the one room as an interior. I think they were surprised by our desire to remain in the interior. It is what we like!

We are the same depending on the cruise,,,