Baltic Ports/Shuttle Buses

qm2lover

I would be really grateful for some information on the shuttle buses at the Baltic ports.

Can anyone remember which ports have free shuttle buses (if any) and where/how far they go? Which ports have Princess shuttle buses into the cities and how much the fare was? Are taxis available at the ports as with other itineraries? Guess taxis would be expensive.

The ports are Zeebrugge, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki,Talin and Gdynia.

We have an expensive tour at St.Petersburg and need to DIY at the other ports!

Not keen on HOHO, unless you can recommend otherwise!!

Any other ideas or recommendations for the Baltic ports would be very welcome.

Many thanks.

Zeebrugge - free shuttle bus to port gate provided by port aoutority then you can get taxis. Payable shuttle bus to Blankenberge provided by Princess where you can either get a train to Bruges or stay local.

Copenhagen - shuttle bus provided by Princess payable.

Stockholm - shuttle bus provided by Princess payable.

Helsinki - last time there shuttle bus provided by port authority payable

Tallin - walkable from port to Old Town

Gdynia - no idea about local shuttle bus but not a lot to do in Gdynia suggest Princess excursion Gdansk on your own not expensive and lovely old town with plenty to do.

I would be really grateful for some information on the shuttle buses at the Baltic ports.

Can anyone remember which ports have free shuttle buses (if any) and where/how far they go? Which ports have Princess shuttle buses into the cities and how much the fare was? Are taxis available at the ports as with other itineraries? Guess taxis would be expensive.

The ports are Zeebrugge, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki,Talin and Gdynia.

We have an expensive tour at St.Petersburg and need to DIY at the other ports!

Not keen on HOHO, unless you can recommend otherwise!!

Any other ideas or recommendations for the Baltic ports would be very welcome.

Many thanks.

For Stockholm, we shared a taxi (reasonable) with another couple so that we could beat the crowds to the Vasa Warship museum. After walking around the old city, met up with the ship's shuttle for the ride back to the ship.

For Gdynia, we took the local train into Gdanski and did our own walking tour. This was very easy to do.

For Helsinki, we took the local tram to the sights such as the Rock Church and Senate Square. Again, very easy to do this.

For Talin, the ship had a shuttle but it is easy to walk into the old town.

For Gdynia, we took the local train into Gdanski and did our own walking tour. This was very easy to do.

Taxi to train station was $10 for 4 of us. They wanted $15, but we bargained. Didn't we? :D While on train I wrote names of each station so could keep track of how many there were for the ride back. Gdansk is the last stop.

Edited by Pia1913

Hi, I am new to Princess cruises, I'm also on one of the Baltic itineraries. can I ask a few questions please?

Do you have to pre-book the shuttle buses? or do you just get in line?

Do they run all day?

For Stockholm, is the port miles away from the city centre?

Rough idea of costs re the shuttle buses?

thanks for your help

Hi, I am new to Princess cruises, I'm also on one of the Baltic itineraries. can I ask a few questions please?

Do you have to pre-book the shuttle buses? or do you just get in line?

Do they run all day?

Rough idea of costs re the shuttle buses?

thanks for your help

Prices vary, but expect approx. $6 to $8 one way. Yes, they run all day and you get in line. There will be explicit instructions as to the times of first/last bus.

Stockholm: Can't recall.

For the Royal and Regal, the city is a number of miles away.

For all the other Princess ships you dock about two miles from the City Center with a public bus close to the port.

Getting some great information here. Please keep it going!!!

Tony 1878, are you on the roll call? There is one for the June and one for the August one. Which trip are you on? There is lots of information. Also on the roll calls for last year's cruises. But not much about shuttle buses!!

Zeeburgge, sometime a local shuttle to the train station, where you can

catch the train to Brugge, easy walk into centre of city from train station Brugge. You will need euros for both.

Helsinki, local tram across the dock where the ferries are into town Euros

needed. or walk into town, ready not a bad walk, which we did.

Copehagen, depends where you park. If far out take the local bus 26

you would need Danish Krones, into centre of city. If parke at the Langelinievej Pier it is an easy walk to the litgtle mermaid, continue along

the water from to theAmalienborg Palace. to Nyhavn turn and walk up,

to Strogt Street to Radhus Pladsen city Hall- Tivoli Garden across the

street. Walk one way about 1 and half km or about a mile.

Lovely stroll.

Stockhom, it depends where you are parked. If the Stadsgarden area,

you follow the water way, walkway into the old town, Royal Palce, Museums, opera house and the like also there was a ferry from this

area to the Vasa ship museum area. Gydansk, follow Pia's advise very

easy to do. Go to the old town, and explore.

Copenhagen... last year Emerald and Ocean used Langelinie while Royal Princess used the brand new cruise ship terminal at Ocean Quay (Oceankaj).

Langelinie is within walking distance from everything. 750m to The little Mermaid and 2.5 km to the central Copenhagen (and you pass the royal castle on the way).

The new cruise ship terminal is 7 km from city centre. Between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. bus 26 runs every 15 min. to the nearest station (Østerport). From there you can use the same ticket and take a bus or train (1 stop) towards city centre or walk. Ticket is 24 DKK (3.7 USD but you need Danish currency) and valid for 1 hour on all public transport in central Copenhagen.

Stockholm... avoid taxi. They do have a meter but they decide how fast it should run. The smaller ships... use public transport. The large ships... take the shuttle.

Really pleased with all this information. Thank you all so much.

I am thinking (having checked a few port schedules and we seem to berth along way from the cities this time) that we may be better off using the Princess shuttles to save time and for peace of mind.

Please keep the ideas, information and advice coming.

TIA

Thanks major tom,

Dont suppose there is a water bus/ferry from Oceankaj berth is there? Any one know?

(Just wishful thinking!!)

From what I have found out there is nothing except the shuttle bus provided by Princess, at a cost, or to get a taxi. My advice if you have not been before is wherever the shuttle bus drops you off walk to Nyhavn and get one of the tour water buses they are extremely good value and very interesting, then after you can then go shopping as not far to walk. On past visit I wouldnt recommend a day visit to Tivoli Gardens it was in our opinion very disappointing and not worth the entrance fee.

As has previously been mentioned in Zeebrugge there is a free port shuttle to the gate.

To visit Bruges.

From the exit of the port, follow the "Kustlaan" to the right. After 500 meters you reach the church of Zeebrugge. There you can take the tram at the stop "Zeebrugge-Kerk." to Blankenberg station. Trains to Bruges run every hour on Sunday

Caribbean Princess is docking at Oceankaj on the 27th June cruise so is not walkable past Little Mermaid and Nyhavn a shuttle bus will be required in to the city centre.

How do you find out where the ship will dock? Couldn't see any info on our itinerary.

And again thank you all for all the information here. Especially Magortom, Brilliant

And I think some of our roll call are also benefiting.

But please, if any one has some more details on these ports, I should be really grateful to hear.