worth the price?

tampadee

It is difficult to answer that question. Some people do not feel it is worth it even if they do drink alcohol because the prices are so high. Others feel it is worth it even when they don't use the included air or hotel.

From a money standpoint, if you are comparing prices of Regent with other cruise lines, it helps to level the playing field in terms of what you are getting for the price. Consider the included air and excursions, for instance. Unless you have a lot of frequent flyer miles, there can be a lot of savings by using Regent Air.

When we do a luxury cruise, we want to be taken care of as much as possible. When we arrive at the embarkation port, we want to be picked up, taken to the hotel (included in most categories that you book) - have the included breakfast in the morning and be taken to the ship in the afternoon.

Onboard, we enjoy the size of the ship as well as the well appointed suites (as you probably know, two of Regent's ships are all-suites with balconies - the other is about 90% suites.). We enjoy the relaxed environment onboard - friendly passengers and excellent crew that do their best to make sure that your Regent experience is the best possible.

You certainly do not have to drink alcohol to enjoy Regent's lounges. The aft lounge serves a wonderful high tea in the afternoon with amazing food - everything from sandwiches to cakes, scones, etc. The Observation Lounge is forward on two of the ships with the best views (in my opinion). It is a lovely place to read, chat with others or simply watch the sea.

If you are not looking for an all-inclusive experience, you may want to look at Regent's sister company, Oceania. They do include all non-alcoholic beverages and have reasonably priced smaller staterooms (as well as large suites that cost as much as Regent).

For us, it is worth it but again, it is not for everyone. :)

We didn't drink much (but did enjoy the occasional chocolate martini, with no acne outbreaks) and didn't do a bunch of tours, but we loved Regent. The atmosphere reeled us in every time. It's been six years, though, so while I hope nothing has changed, I can't guarantee it anymore.

Compared to a lot of folks who post here, we only began sailing on Regent in 2009.

We do enjoy the all inclusive aspects of the ships (to include the drinks!). We do take advantage of the included excursions, Regent air and transfers, and the pre night hotel.

Even if you don't drink alcohol, the overall Regent experience is incredibly hard to beat!

We love all 3 ships - - and since 2009 - - we have become Regentized!

Patti

p.s. - Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Compared to a lot of folks who post here, we only began sailing on Regent in 2009.

We do enjoy the all inclusive aspects of the ships (to include the drinks!). We do take advantage of the included excursions, Regent air and transfers, and the pre night hotel.

Even if you don't drink alcohol, the overall Regent experience is incredibly hard to beat!

We love all 3 ships - - and since 2009 - - we have become Regentized!

Patti

p.s. - Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Patti ,likewise our first Regent cruise was in 2009 and was on the Navigator in the Med. It was perfect in every way and like you have been fortunate to have managed to cruise on all 3 ships. We do like the fact everything is booked for you regarding hotel pre cruise and all flights. Our TA is excellent with the bookings ensuring the flights are all what are suitable and changing to suit.

We do also enjoy the included "tinctures" and feel all in all for the £ we pay its money well spent.

Jean.

We haven't cruised with Regent for a couple of years, and in that time I have been diagnosed with a heart condition; the meds I am on don't allow any alcohol. But, will we cruise with Regent anyway, even though I can't partake? You bet!

You can order all kinds of drinks w/o the alcohol--tropical, fruity things, coladas, alcohol-removed wine, and on the pool deck they will create a great milkshake for you. They also have alcohol-free beer. We love Regent and hope to cruise again with them soon. So, is it worth the $ even though I can't drink? You bet!:)

Ted, we hope to cruise with Regent again next fall, heart health permitting. Not soon enough for us!

(Off topic--I see we are practically neighbors--are you ready for the -25 windchills and snow tomorrow?:eek:)

Tampadee--If calories aren't a concern, try one of their great pina coladas w/o the alcohol. They'll "pretty" it up for you with lots of fruit. Yummy. If you decide to cruise with Regent, I hope you love it as much as we do. Enjoy!

Terrible weather right now - "snow storm warning." I just left my wife who is bed-ridden and can not travel. I feed her every lunch in the nursing home. I had to bring flowers for Valentine's Day and was lucky to get home safely! Probably won't be able to visit Sunday.

(Nursing home is almost more expensive than a Regent cruise but NOT nearly as much fun!)

Terrible weather right now - "snow storm warning." I just left my wife who is bed-ridden and can not travel. I feed her every lunch in the nursing home. I had to bring flowers for Valentine's Day and was lucky to get home safely! Probably won't be able to visit Sunday.

(Nursing home is almost more expensive than a Regent cruise but NOT nearly as much fun!)

This touches my heart. In the past year, circumstances have allowed me to witness this kind of love and devotion that goes on day after day. It is a beautiful, if bittersweet, part of life. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your wife, Ted.

Jacki