Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

There is been a standard package for me quite some time very popular on the European cruises I do believe. The standard package was advertise last spring on celebrities Caribbean cruises however most people have the classic package

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if anyone saw the changes in the drink packages - there is now a standard package being offered on top of the classic and premium.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

does anyone else know more about the changes?

AND it appears all the information about the 18% not being added has been changed, it adds at the bottom

"*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. "

I wonder if anyone saw the changes in the drink packages - there is now a standard package being offered on top of the classic and premium.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

does anyone else know more about the changes?

I don't remember seeing any wines or cocktails on my drink tabs that were $6 or less in the last few years. Don't expect much selection!

Question. Does the classic or premium beverage package include alcohol speciality coffees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Classic & Premium Beverage packages include the specialty coffees w/ alcohol. I recommend the Venetian Coffee :)

AND it appears all the information about the 18% not being added has been changed, it adds at the bottom

"*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. "

Is the information in bold (above) new information? In the past, the package could be purchased on a pro-rated basis for the remainder of the cruise.

Also, does this carry over to the upgrade policy? Advice in the past was to try out your Classic package for a day or two before deciding whether or not to upgrade to Premium and then upgrade at a pro-rated amount.

Is the upgrade now priced on a "per cruise" basis also?

Is the information in bold (above) new information? In the past, the package could be purchased on a pro-rated basis for the remainder of the cruise.

Also, does this carry over to the upgrade policy? Advice in the past was to try out your Classic package for a day or two before deciding whether or not to upgrade to Premium and then upgrade at a pro-rated amount.

Is the upgrade now priced on a "per cruise" basis also?

I've read it to mean that you can't just purchase a package for a day or two, it's the entire cruise, and similarly if you upgrade it is for the entire cruise from the day you upgrade.

If you purchase prior to the cruise, you can only purchase the upgrade for the entire cruise. If you upgrade on the ship, you must upgrade for the day you upgrade and all days following.

There has been recent discussion on whether it's per day you are on the ship at all....or just the full days of the cruise....in other words, do you pay for both the first day which is partial day AND the last day which ends at 8/9AM...or do you just pay for the first day and not the last partial day. The answer is....but really clear from the celebrity web text...is that if you have a 7 night cruise, you pay 7 daily drink package rates. If you upgrade on departure day, you will pay for 7 days...if you pay on the first full day, you will pay for 6 days of the upgrade.

I've read it to mean that you can't just purchase a package for a day or two, it's the entire cruise, and similarly if you upgrade it is for the entire cruise from the day you upgrade.

If you purchase prior to the cruise, you can only purchase the upgrade for the entire cruise. If you upgrade on the ship, you must upgrade for the day you upgrade and all days following.

There has been recent discussion on whether it's per day you are on the ship at all....or just the full days of the cruise....in other words, do you pay for both the first day which is partial day AND the last day which ends at 8/9AM...or do you just pay for the first day and not the last partial day. The answer is....but really clear from the celebrity web text...is that if you have a 7 night cruise, you pay 7 daily drink package rates. If you upgrade on departure day, you will pay for 7 days...if you pay on the first full day, you will pay for 6 days of the upgrade.

Thank you.

I am most interested in the upgrade policy as I have the Classic Bev Pkg as a perk for a 10 day cruise. In the past, I have waited until the first full day (Day 2) and upgraded for the 9 remaining days.

I just wondered, based on the Celebrity info above, whether this has changed and I will be charged for the full 10 days, no matter what day I upgrade. It sounds as if this is not the case.

As usual, I am over-thinking this :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking around and noticed that Celebrity has increased the cost of the Classic Non-Alcoholic package to $23.58 per night US. Does anyone know whether someone has updated the list of current drink prices on board? Trying to decide whether to buy a package or pay as we go?

• 1 month later...

I read a recent post but now cannot find it. Can you adjust a classic drink package to a premium non alcoholic package? Can premium non alcohol package get virgin pina coladas. I prefer Pellegrino with dinner but also may want a frozen drink by the pool. I have the classic perk now and could upgrade to the premium drink package I suppose but that may cost more than just adding the Pellegrino ala carte. Thanks from a not so newbie. ;)😉

• 1 month later...

We are planning on choosing the free Classic beverage package on our Bermuda cruise. Will we have to pay the gratuity on that, or is that included free with the beverage package?

(I know that NCL charges a separate service charge on the "free" beverage package.)

We are planning on choosing the free Classic beverage package on our Bermuda cruise. Will we have to pay the gratuity on that, or is that included free with the beverage package?

(I know that NCL charges a separate service charge on the "free" beverage package.)

Included as part of the beverage package.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Celebrity allows you to transfer drink packages to guests within the same cabin? We have 3 guests in the same cabin and 2 are receiving the Go Best perks, however we want the third guest to have the drink package perk as the 2nd guests does not drink too much. Essentially we want the perks listed under the 3rd person rather than the second. Is this doable after final payment?

Does anyone know if Celebrity allows you to transfer drink packages to guests within the same cabin? We have 3 guests in the same cabin and 2 are receiving the Go Best perks, however we want the third guest to have the drink package perk as the 2nd guests does not drink too much. Essentially we want the perks listed under the 3rd person rather than the second. Is this doable after final payment?

No.

No.

Since everyone is in the same cabin I would certainly ask. Perhaps they can move around the 2nd and 3rd person on the booking.

I have never done it and you can switch it to someone in a different cabin, but maybe.

I don't know if they will or not, but your best bet is to go to guest relations ASAP after boarding to ask. Do this before anyone has used the drink package or charged drinks.