Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

I am not sure if this has been answered already ( can't see it) but can some one tell me what are the brands of water that are Premium and Non Premium. if we did not have them in a package what would they cost per bottle?

thank you in advance for all your help :)

Crystal Geyser is available on the classic package while Evian is the water you get with the premium beverage package.

On my upcoming 9 night cruise I'd like to upgrade my Premium Non Booze to Premium Booze with only 4 days left, maybe 3 days if allowed. Here is my question. If I upgrade at say 7AM at the coffee bar, with say an Irish Coffee (YUM!), do they charge me for the last day too, disembarkation day? I'm looking to upgrade on the morning of the 6th day on our 9 'day' cruise. Would I be charged for 3, 4 or 5 days for the upgrade? Sorry for the complexity. I guess the question is, do I pay for each 24 hour day or just from the time I upgrade. Thus I could wait until afternoon to avoid an extra day of upgrading my package.

Pat

Prices for the drink packages and upgrades are priced per night, and not per day. So you'll be charged for the remaining nights of the cruise regardless of what time of day you purchase. So there will be no price difference between upgrading at 7AM vs. 3PM.

I have no idea what the cut off time is if you were to buy a package late at night.

They do cut off sales a few days before the end of the cruise so be sure to ask about the cutoff date once you are on board if you are planning on waiting until the end.

On my upcoming 9 night cruise I'd like to upgrade my Premium Non Booze to Premium Booze with only 4 days left, maybe 3 days if allowed. Here is my question. If I upgrade at say 7AM at the coffee bar, with say an Irish Coffee (YUM!), do they charge me for the last day too, disembarkation day? I'm looking to upgrade on the morning of the 6th day on our 9 'day' cruise. Would I be charged for 3, 4 or 5 days for the upgrade? Sorry for the complexity. I guess the question is, do I pay for each 24 hour day or just from the time I upgrade. Thus I could wait until afternoon to avoid an extra day of upgrading my package.

Pat

You pay per night. I believe the cutoff for purchasing is 3 nights left on the cruise. If your cruise ends on a Monday morning you would be able to purchase the drinks package on the Friday before - giving you Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights with the package.

wow...a great summary of what you can do and not do...quick question.

I thought you had to have the same package if you're over 21 and in the same cabin...is that not true? Hubby will not drink as much as me :) and is probably good with our 2 wines on board, a few cocktails and soft drinks...me on the other hand, well it is my vacation after all....

so has that changed? I can choose to buy the classic alcoholic package and he can go a la carte?

I thought you had to have the same package if you're over 21 and in the same cabin...is that not true? Hubby will not drink as much as me :) and is probably good with our 2 wines on board, a few cocktails and soft drinks...me on the other hand, well it is my vacation after all....

so has that changed? I can choose to buy the classic alcoholic package and he can go a la carte?

The Go! Classic package is the booze one for both (over 21) people in the cabin. If you are going with an inside cabin you can choose to buy one booze and one non booze package depending on the person. Just depends on what was included when you booked ore will book.

Pat

If you are buying any package then only one person in the cabin can choose to buy it.

If you receive the package as any kind of promo (1, 2, 3 go, big better best, etc.) then both people in the cabin have to pick the same package.

I see some of these have been answered and some have not but I'm going to acknowledge them all with the best answers I can give (mostly) anyway :)

On my upcoming 9 night cruise I'd like to upgrade my Premium Non Booze to Premium Booze with only 4 days left, maybe 3 days if allowed. Here is my question. If I upgrade at say 7AM at the coffee bar, with say an Irish Coffee (YUM!), do they charge me for the last day too, disembarkation day?

Pat, as others have chimed in you will be charged for the number of NIGHTS remaining in the cruise. The cutoff is determined by staff on the ship, so as others have said please make sure that you are aware of what that date is as you near the end of your cruise. And have a lovely time!

===

Going on the Eclipse on the 30th this month, both my wife and I have the premium package.

We've just found out the wife is pregnant (woohoo!), so looking at downgrading her package (booo! :) )

I don't know if I'm being picky but the non-alcoholic packages list fresh/bottled juices (for the classic) and then non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies (for the premium).

Is this inclusive of all form of non-alcoholic cocktails as well? Or purely juices on their own and frozen drinks/smoothies. Celebrity has made quite detailed lists of what you can have in your packages, and as the alcoholic packages mention cocktails specifcially I'm a bit unsure if my wife will be able to have the things she wants.

Well, first congratulations :D

Just so you're aware, you may have a rough time downgrading from the Classic Package, and even if you do manage to downgrade you will likely only receive the Classic Non-Alcoholic package. This whole mess seems to be entirely at the discretion of whoever you speak with on the phone before your cruise, or whoever you speak with at Guest Services after your cruise.

On to your question: I believe most mocktails are included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic package. The only real benefit that upgrading seems to get you is specialty canned beverages like Red Bull and sparkling bottled water (as opposed to still).

===

Can some one tell me what are the brands of water that are Premium and Non Premium. if we did not have them in a package what would they cost per bottle?

I don't know this off-hand but it appears that your question was already answered by one of the awesome people that are still watching this thread.

===

Can you use the beverage package (classic) in the specialty restaurants

Yep, you can use any beverage package in the specialty restaurants.

Just keep in mind that there have been some reports on some ships that some of the specialty restaurants have "forgotten" to include a red and/or white wine in the stated range of the Classic Package. If this happens, you will have to pay the full cost of the wine because it has gone over the Classic Package limit. You might be able to speak with the head sommelier if this happens to you and possibly have that cost reimbursed since as of the last I've heard ALL restaurants, including specialty restaurants, must offer something within the limits of both the Classic and Premium Packages.

===

I drink a lot of bottled water, is it easy to pick up around the ship on a package?

Bottled water is available at all of the bars and restaurants. This includes Cafe Al Bacio. In other words, it's very easy to find and grab throughout the ship :)

===

I thought you had to have the same package if you're over 21 and in the same cabin...is that not true?

You can each have the package (or none) that suits your taste if you are buying them out of your own pocket. You can have a package, and he can go a la carte. Other cruise lines have rules about this, but Celebrity does not.

If you are receiving the package as a perk, then you must both pick the package since you must both receive the same perk. I believe that is where the confusion may be coming from.

===

I would want to know whether I can have speciality coffees only at Bacio or someplace else as well? (E.g. MDR or buffet).

You should be able to order specialty coffees from the buffet, the MDR, and specialty restaurants. Keep in mind that they may have to run to Cafe Al Bacio to fulfill your order if they do not have the equipment to make what you've ordered. Also please keep in mind that they may tell you "no" if you've ordered something too complicated.

Please keep in mind that this answer is based on my experiences on S-class ships. I'm not sure how it works on Connie since I haven't sailed on her.

I see some of these have been answered and some have not but I'm going to acknowledge them all with the best answers I can give (mostly) anyway :)

Pat, as others have chimed in you will be charged for the number of NIGHTS remaining in the cruise. The cutoff is determined by staff on the ship, so as others have said please make sure that you are aware of what that date is as you near the end of your cruise. And have a lovely time!

===

Well, first congratulations :D

Just so you're aware, you may have a rough time downgrading from the Classic Package, and even if you do manage to downgrade you will likely only receive the Classic Non-Alcoholic package. This whole mess seems to be entirely at the discretion of whoever you speak with on the phone before your cruise, or whoever you speak with at Guest Services after your cruise.

On to your question: I believe most mocktails are included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic package. The only real benefit that upgrading seems to get you is specialty canned beverages like Red Bull and sparkling bottled water (as opposed to still).

===

I don't know this off-hand but it appears that your question was already answered by one of the awesome people that are still watching this thread.

===

Yep, you can use any beverage package in the specialty restaurants.

Just keep in mind that there have been some reports on some ships that some of the specialty restaurants have "forgotten" to include a red and/or white wine in the stated range of the Classic Package. If this happens, you will have to pay the full cost of the wine because it has gone over the Classic Package limit. You might be able to speak with the head sommelier if this happens to you and possibly have that cost reimbursed since as of the last I've heard ALL restaurants, including specialty restaurants, must offer something within the limits of both the Classic and Premium Packages.

===

Bottled water is available at all of the bars and restaurants. This includes Cafe Al Bacio. In other words, it's very easy to find and grab throughout the ship :)

===

You can each have the package (or none) that suits your taste if you are buying them out of your own pocket. You can have a package, and he can go a la carte. Other cruise lines have rules about this, but Celebrity does not.

If you are receiving the package as a perk, then you must both pick the package since you must both receive the same perk. I believe that is where the confusion may be coming from.

===

You should be able to order specialty coffees from the buffet, the MDR, and specialty restaurants. Keep in mind that they may have to run to Cafe Al Bacio to fulfill your order if they do not have the equipment to make what you've ordered. Also please keep in mind that they may tell you "no" if you've ordered something too complicated.

Please keep in mind that this answer is based on my experiences on S-class ships. I'm not sure how it works on Connie since I haven't sailed on her.

Thank you, appreciate it

Repeating my question-- answered originally in the affirmative earlier in this thread, then this week saw the spreadsheet where it shows only for premium.

Dena, there are two ways that the alcoholic coffees are "included" in the Classic Package:

1) You buy the coffee, wait a few minutes, and then buy the shot and combine them yourself; or

2) Whoever is in charge at Cafe Al Bacio has decided to include them for that particular ship at that particular time.

Alcoholic coffees from the Cafe's menu are not included in the Classic Package. Could you please tell me the post number in this thread where it says that they are included? If it was me saying it, then I would be the first to admit that I mistyped.

Dena, there are two ways that the alcoholic coffees are "included" in the Classic Package:

1) You buy the coffee, wait a few minutes, and then buy the shot and combine them yourself; or

2) Whoever is in charge at Cafe Al Bacio has decided to include them for that particular ship at that particular time.

Alcoholic coffees from the Cafe's menu are not included in the Classic Package. Could you please tell me the post number in this thread where it says that they are included? If it was me saying it, then I would be the first to admit that I mistyped.

It was WAY back. But glad I clarified. Just for the avoidance of the hassle (I love my alcoholic coffees!!), it's worth the $10 upgrade.

nHi! Have checked this board many times over the years for insights on various cruises, but just registered and this is my first post here. My last cruise on Celebrity was on the Reflection in June 2013 - it was a 10 night cruise out of Civitavecchia. Our booking included the 123Go package and husband and I opted to pay the fee to upgrade to the premium alcoholic beverage package, which at the time was $10 + 15% per day per person over the classic package that had been included. We really enjoyed the ease of not having to sign for drinks and keep receipts etc, and I loved not only having double cappuccinos in the mornings and freshly squeezed orange juice, but we did spend quite a bit of enjoyable time in the Martini Bar and the Molecular bar. We felt that the overall value of the cruise with all the inclusives was great.

Last week a friend of mine and I decided to go on an "easy" cruise for us, rather last minute - we are going on the Infinity on a 9 night Pacific Coastal, going in and out of San Francisco. We got what I think was a great rate on a CC guarantee cabin, got our cabin assignment (C3) the next day, was able to change the cabin to another C3 cabin that we wanted, and we are happy campers. Then I looked at the beverage package prices. Wow! For the premium package it is something like $76.70 per person per day plus 18% gratuity, that comes to about $90.50 per day. It is also made clear that the package must be purchased for the entire cruise, not per day or days that one might want. Also I read recently a review that the cruiser seemed to indicate that her premium alcohol beverage package did not include the freshly squeezed orange juice, and in fact, I can't find it listed in the premium package list, whether the non alcoholic or alcoholic list. The bottom line is, if we were to purchase the package, the price of it is very close to

what we are paying per person for the base rate of our cruise. Also, I like to have two or three drinks, plus water, plus cappuccino and freshly squeezed orange juice. Can't imagine that it would ever come to $90 per day. But I can see how one would want to upgrade if the classic package was already included. Haven't found any current bar prices online but will report back if of interest to anyone.

Edited by Ms. Mocha
need to clarify that we don't have the 123Go package for the upcoming Infinity cruise

I think that unless you are a big drinker, the packages are too expensive. I must add though FYI Ms Mocha, fresh orange juice is included in the classic package, so it will certainly be included in the premium. I know this because I drank it every morning without charge on my last cruise.

I think that unless you are a big drinker, the packages are too expensive. I must add though FYI Ms Mocha, fresh orange juice is included in the classic package, so it will certainly be included in the premium. I know this because I drank it every morning without charge on my last cruise.

Hi there, I agree the package is too expensive a la carte - and seems to getting more and more expensive rather quickly. May I ask when you took your last cruise?

Hi there, I agree the package is too expensive a la carte - and seems to getting more and more expensive rather quickly. May I ask when you took your last cruise?

Still includes fresh squeezed juices

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Thanks for this, I couldn't /can't find it on the Celebrity website on my own. It's good to know the options

We are in the same situation as you although I think that the US price is 65 plus 18% which makes it 76.70 total. The euro price was 71. I agree it is expensive but we got an excellent price on the cruise and we checked the calculator someone posted and we were in the clear for fresh oranges juice & two espressos in the morning, 4 San peligrinos during the day (we drink a lot of water), a beer in the afternoon, 2 glasses of wine over dinner and a martini either side of dinner. I am not sure that is big drinking but it was peace of mind to know we won't have an unexpected bill at the end and not have to watch what we we pay throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk