Magic to port canaveral

kybluecruiser

And after that Liberty moves to Galveston somewhere next year.

Correct. However, several posters on here keep referencing "Valor to ----Tampa, Tx, Charleston, etc." I posted to inform that the Valor will be repositioned next month in PC.

That is very possible. I was thinking Triumph to San Juan and Valor to Charleston. Victory stays in Miami. Sunshine stays in Port Canaveral.

I agree!!! Charleston use to have seasonal cruises with conquest class ships. The fantasy already earns more then others in her class and from my understanding sails full. So it would make sense to replace her with a conquest class.

I agree!!! Charleston use to have seasonal cruises with conquest class ships. The fantasy already earns more then others in her class and from my understanding sails full. So it would make sense to replace her with a conquest class.

you mean, before all the protracted lawsuits, discontent, and even anti-carnival graffiti / posters like this?

AR-120709790.jpg&maxw=800&q=90

i'd say they don't want to wake the sleeping giant, but charleston is not exactly even a giant in carnival's scope imo.

Correct. However, several posters on here keep referencing "Valor to ----Tampa, Tx, Charleston, etc." I posted to inform that the Valor will be repositioned next month in PC.

Doesn't matter. The Liberty is repositioning next month then moving to Galveston. So it's within reason that the Valor can move again as well.

Would someone give me the short n sweet version as to why Charleston doesn't want Carnival there?

Doesn't matter. The Liberty is repositioning next month then moving to Galveston. So it's within reason that the Valor can move again as well.

Would someone give me the short n sweet version as to why Charleston doesn't want Carnival there?

It is a very small minority of affluent citzens that oppose a new cruise terminal. Everybody else in charleston including the local and state goverment as well as the majority of its population according to polls want a new terminal and carnival there. To sum up it up they rather look at dilapidated buildings and port area as to having a new cruise terminal with many green areas. They have lost all their court cases. There are many ships besides carnival that uses charleston as a port of call too.

you mean, before all the protracted lawsuits, discontent, and even anti-carnival graffiti / posters like this?

The thing that I've always found interesting is that the "environmentalists" and "conservationists" never had an issue when Celebrity and Norwegian had ships homeported in Charleston. And they've never had a problem with Silversea, Princess, Crystal, Holland America, or Oceania (among other upscale cruise lines) calling there either. But with Carnival, all of a sudden cruising is bad for the city's historic preservation.

Is their problem with the cruising industry, or specifically with Carnival? I think that the posters that they made answer that question pretty clearly.

Edited by Tapi

It is a very small minority of affluent citzens that oppose a new cruise terminal. Everybody else in charleston including the local and state goverment as well as the majority of its population according to polls want a new terminal and carnival there. To sum up it up they rather look at dilapidated buildings and port area as to having a new cruise terminal with many green areas. They have lost all their court cases. There are many ships besides carnival that uses charleston as a port of call too.

Thanks. I had no idea. Seems like they would welcome the revenue.

i'd say they don't want to wake the sleeping giant, but charleston is not exactly even a giant in carnival's scope imo.

They have lost all their lawsuits. Carnival is more concerned about revenue then how the environmentalists feel. Putting a bigger ship in Charleston would make more revenue!

They have lost all their lawsuits. Carnival is more concerned about revenue then how the environmentalists feel. Putting a bigger ship in Charleston would make more revenue!

Just read a news article where Arnold Donald went to Charleston last month to show carnivals commitment to the port.

If Carnival puts a larger ship there, it will only incite another round of lawsuits, nevermind that they are probably just the nuisance variety. That might be enough for Carnival to just pull out in frustration. Also, from what I gather, the current terminal facilities are substandard, and a larger ship would probably only exaggerate any shortcomings that they are dealing with now. I would be surprised if Charleston gets anything other than another Fantasy class until things calm down and a new terminal is in place.

The thing that I've always found interesting is that the "environmentalists" and "conservationists" never had an issue when Celebrity and Norwegian had ships homeported in Charleston. And they've never had a problem with Silversea, Princess, Crystal, Holland America, or Oceania (among other upscale cruise lines) calling there either. But with Carnival, all of a sudden cruising is bad for the city's historic preservation.

Is their problem with the cruising industry, or specifically with Carnival? I think that the posters that they made answer that question pretty clearly.

Most of those other ports stops in Charleston were just that, a one off port stop, or at most, a seasonal series of cruises. Carnival is the first line to park a ship there as a home port, year round. The year round homeport is what they are howling about, I think. Carnival just happens to be the cruiseline that did it.

Edited by EZ4