Anyone recently off the Breeze - American Table Menu

Clearwater

Hi - I figured there would be a few new people who just got off the Breeze.

I was curious how the American Table Menu was? I was curious if the kinks were worked out from when it was first rolled out.

Looking for any feedback! We leave on March 14th on the Breeze and I am excited about the new menu.

Thanks in advance!

We just got off Saturday, and my honest opinion....... I did NOT like :( the new menu at all!! I am not a seafood eater and found there were way to many foods that included it. It seems to be the biggest cutback that they have had that bothered me. There wasnt the wide variety of choices as the old menu.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it :(

I absolutely love seafood so hoping I won't have any problems with it.

Ironically after I posted my question, John Heald posted on Facebook about the Breeze menu for today and it looked good to me.

Good morning. Just before the days adventures start I wanted to post the missing menu from the Carnival Breeze menu rotation during their American Table implementation……………….so, here it is.

B A K E D M E AT B A L L S

Smokey tomato sauce

F L AT B R E A D

Caramelized onions,

mushroom, ricotta

F R I E D S H R I M P

Roasted red pepper remoulade

A S PA R A G U S V I C H Y S S O I S E

Chilled asparagus and potato soup

S H R I M P C O C K TA I L

Traditional cocktail sauce

R O A S T E D P U M P K I N S O U P

Crouton, cream

B E E F A N D B A R L E Y S O U P

Root vegetables

M I X E D G R E E N S

Tomato, cucumber and carrots

K A L E O R R O M A I N E C A E S A R S A L A D

House made dressing, shaved parmesan

E S C A R G O T S B O U R G U I G N O N N E

Burgundy snails, garlic butter

MAIN

BE E F L A S A G N A

Spinach, basil, mozzarella

C H I C K E N M I L A N E S E

Charred lemon

P E N N E M A R I S C O S

Shrimp, calamari, scallops, mussels,

lobster cream

B R A I S E D S H O R T R I B S

Potato and pea gratin, red wine sauce

C O R N , C H I L I , Q U I N O A B A K E D T O M AT O

Potato jalapeño croqueta,

cheese sauce, leek hash

F E AT U R E D V E G E TA R I A N

Indian style vegetable dish with lentils,

basmati rice, pickle, papadam and raita

Port of Call Menu for Nassau

Crab and Lime Soup.

Junkanoo Chicken and Shrimp Pepper Pot

S A L M O N F I L L E T

Citrus and pepper rub

C H I C K E N B R E A S T

Roast garlic and herbs

* F L AT I R O N S T E A K

Pepper, herbs

P O R K C H O P

Caramelized onions,

stewed apple

Chimichurri, BBQ Sauce, Béarnaise,

Peppercorn, Roasted Garlic and Tomato Tapenade sauces

SIDES

B R O C C O L I , C A R R O T S A N D P E A R L

O N I O N S

R ATAT O U I L L E

B A K E D P O TAT O

Sour cream, bacon, chive

M A C N C H E E S E , B A C O N

F R E N C H F R I E S

C R E A M E D S P I N A C H

Desserts

B I T T E R A N D B L A N C

warm dark and white chocolate

bread pudding, hot vanilla sauce

C A R N I VA L M E LT I N G C H O C O L AT E C A K E

O R A N G E R O S E M A RY C A K E

Ginger poached cranberries

* D O U B L E R O A S T E D P I N E A P P L E

Pinacolada marmelade

*lower calorie, no added sugar

F R E S H T R O P I C A L F R U I T P L AT E

C H E E S E P L AT E

S E L E C T I O N O F I C E C R E A M S

PIE A LA MODE - APPLE

--------------------------------------

But before you decide what you would order please allow me to answer and disprove to those who said that the American Table menu has “less choices. I will do that by posting the menu that will be served on the same day on the Carnival Ecstasy that docks the same day with the Carnival Breeze in Nassau. Let’ see the scrumptious food the guests there will be served

-----------------------------------------------------------

Appetisers

cream of sun ripened tomatoes

served with herb croutons

tropical fruits

marinated with lime juice and a touch of tequila

fried chicken tenders, marinated cucumber and lettuce

served with a zesty honey mustard sauce

heart of iceberg lettuce

blue cheese, thousand island, ranch, balsamic vinaigrette or french dressing

beef and barley soup with diced root vegetables

gazpacho andalouse

chilled tomato broth with diced plum tomatoes

peppers, cucumbers and Mediterranean herbs

didja (as in did you ever …)

food you always wanted to try, but did not dare

cured salmon and candied tomato

dill cream, stewed apples and grapes in lemon dressing

MAIN

pan seared fillet of tilapia

green pea sauce, braised carrots

sweet and sour shrimp

large tiger shrimps in a tangy sweet and sour sauce

served with scallion, garlic and shrimp fried rice noodles

chicken à la grecque

broiled boneless chicken breast with herbs and tomato sauce

virgin olive and basil oil

linguini with Italian sausage, bell peppers and mushrooms

served with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (also available as a starter)

grilled tofu steak

vegetarian entree; served with scallion and cured tomato stir fry

tender braised beef brisket in gravy

served with roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes

EVERY DAY MENU

fresh fruit cocktail guacamole and tomato salsa crisp tortilla chips

Caesar salad hearts of romaine lettuce tossed with our Caesar dressing freshly grated Parmesan cheese, anchovies and herb croutons

broiled fillet of mahi mahi served with steamed vegetables of the day

grilled flat iron steak from USDA choice beef served with steamed vegetables of the day

grilled chicken breast served with steamed vegetables of the day

gourmet burger freshly grilled 8-oz hamburger on toasted Kaiser roll sautéed mushrooms and onions, bacon, or guacamole choice of cheese: Swiss, cheddar, Monterey jack (American too!)

Indian vegetarian two fresh vegetables, lentils and basmati rice your chef will prepare a healthy creation daily

southern fried chicken served with mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed vegetables of the day

DESSERTS

bitter and blanc

warm, dark and white chocolate bread pudding with vanilla sauce

tiramisu

a delicious creamy combination of contrasting flavors

mascarpone cheese with coffee and sweet chocolate

coconut cake

diet coconut sponge cake with a low calorie cream

dessert is prepared with a sugar substitute

warm chocolate melting cake

served with vanilla ice cream

fresh tropical fruit plate

vanilla • chocolate • strawberry • butter pecan ice cream

orange • pineapple • lime sherbet

port salut • brie • gouda • imported swiss • danish bleu cheese

And the scores on the doors are;

APPETISERS

American Table – 10

Regular Menu – 9

MAIN COURSES INCLUDING EVERY DAY MENU

American Table -12

Regular Menu – 12

Desserts

American Table - 8

Regular Table – 8

CUTBACK?? I don't see this as a cutback. Most of the current menu items are still available. They added a bunch of new and different stuff too.. Change yes, cutback not so much. Change can be good as long as it's not too drastic. I think people are making way too big a deal over the "new" menu's when they changed to the current menu I remember everyone complaining too... now they are complaining its being changed again. If they didn't keep refreshing the menu, everyone would be complaining how boring the menu has become..

I cant say too much for the new menu. We were surprised it was being offered when we sailed. I heard it was not supposed to roll out for another week.

We only made it to dinner twice. The first night I got so sick sitting in the Blush as the shutter was horrible. Our service was so slow when they finally came to take our orders I tried to order soup hoping it would help. Forever later the apps came and I was green by then and had to leave, now mind you I dont get sea sick often. All the tables around us where on main course by the time we got our apps.

We tried again night 2 (with meds on board) again service was very slow. We did manage through dinner but could not handle the 20 min wait for our dessert menus so left before they came - who knows how long we could of waited.

So my first impression was not good! Hoping they get there act together before you sail.

I cant say too much for the new menu. We were surprised it was being offered when we sailed. I heard it was not supposed to roll out for another week.

We only made it to dinner twice. The first night I got so sick sitting in the Blush as the shutter was horrible. Our service was so slow when they finally came to take our orders I tried to order soup hoping it would help. Forever later the apps came and I was green by then and had to leave, now mind you I dont get sea sick often. All the tables around us where on main course by the time we got our apps.

We tried again night 2 (with meds on board) again service was very slow. We did manage through dinner but could not handle the 20 min wait for our dessert menus so left before they came - who knows how long we could of waited.

So my first impression was not good! Hoping they get there act together before you sail.

And you think the service would have been better with a different menu?

I think it's nice that we now will be able to pick our sides. So much less waste.

Ireally liked being able to pick the sides also - especially if I ordered two entres. Much less waste. However, the service was MUCH slower. We even went to the Lido on formal nights because it ended up taking over two hours the first night.

What really bummed me out was that the TV was not always updated with the correct menu. Though not sure we would of gone more even if it was. The Shutter was too much for me.

Sailing on the ship in September, what does it mean when you say 'The Shutter was too much????

I am so glad Bitter and Blanc is still on the menu, that was my only concern. :D I too was getting bored with old menu so I am glad to try something new in July. I don't have to cook or clean so I am sure the food will taste fabulous.

When the ship is going fast, you'll feel quite a bit of movement in the Blush (aft) dinning room. The movement becomes even more noticeable if there is rough seas or significant swells. When the ports are close to one another, as a result of slower speeds, the movement is barely to not noticeable.

I think she meant "shudder", as in major vibration.

Yes thanks.. the vibration was more than noticable the first two night. We never went again so maybe it was better after that. I did not feel this anywhere else on the ship. We had nice seas those days as well. Maybe it was just me though everyone in our group made comment as well.

We were on the Breeze last week and we really loved the menu. I thought the choices were much more varied than the old menus. Every dish that I ordered was good. There were some old favorites on there as well as some new exciting things.

The service was painfully slow. We had great waiters, but they can only go as fast as the kitchen can deliver. We had anytime dining and we tried going right when they opened at 5:45 one night because my kids wanted to go to an activity at camp that started at 8. This was not a formal night. We went straight from the dining room to camp and they got there at 8:30 and missed the activity. I knew that it would be slow since they were just starting the new menus. We ended up going later and the place was pretty much a ghost town after 8. A couple of nights we were the only table in our section and it still took over 2 hours. Again, our waiters were just waiting on the kitchen.

Hopefully they can work the kinks out and speed things up.