Windjammer on Adventure

cjdixon4

I might be in the minority here, but I really like eating in the Windjammer for its variety. I'll be on Adventure soon, and I wondered whether they have a stir fry station there. Seems as though someone told me there is. Is there also some outside seating as well?

On another note, these days Windjammer gets a "thumbs up" over MDR. I'll probably eat mostly in WJ and in Giovannis most of the week, if MDR doesn't step it up!

I might be in the minority here, but I really like eating in the Windjammer for its variety. I'll be on Adventure soon, and I wondered whether they have a stir fry station there. Seems as though someone told me there is. Is there also some outside seating as well?

On another note, these days Windjammer gets a "thumbs up" over MDR. I'll probably eat mostly in WJ and in Giovannis most of the week, if MDR doesn't step it up!

No outside seating on Adventure.

You can take your food to some tables on the pool deck, but that is nothing like the area aft of Windjammer on Radiance class ships.

Edited by clarea

To each their own.

I found the lunch selection in the Windjammer on my Adventure cruise at the end of January very limited, probably the poorest choice I experienced on any cruise on RCL so far. I never went for dinner to the Windjammer, however I assume the choice will be then better as they have every night a different theme + some choices also found on the MDR menu. I liked the dinners in the MDR, most dishes were good a couple very good and some just ok.

We just got off a B2B on the Adventure in December. We only ate in the Windjammer for lunch so we can't comment on a stir fry station since there was none at lunch. The Adventure Windjammer, in our opinion, was not as good as all the other Windjammers we've been to. The food seemed to be the same everyday. There was no Jade. They catered to the local Puerto Rico market with local dishes that didn't seem to change from day to day. They had the usual pasta, burgers, dogs and pizza which seemed to be everyone's favorite.

I don't know why but the Adventure Windjammer always felt more crowded than other Windjammers. It's a madhouse at lunch....

We always eat lunch in the MDR at sea. We enjoy the salad bar and being waited on without having to jockey for food at the buffet.

The Windjammer had a variety for lunches as on past cruises. Typical was burgers, dogs, rice, always some sort of chicken, lots of salads... Basically a wide variety of food for everyone.

If there wasn't, there was always the option for the MDR. Failing that, because a lot of people did complain, hang a fishing rod over the side and see what you can catch.

Constant complainers this week.

The Windjammer had a variety for lunches as on past cruises. Typical was burgers, dogs, rice, always some sort of chicken, lots of salads... Basically a wide variety of food for everyone.

If there wasn't, there was always the option for the MDR. Failing that, because a lot of people did complain, hang a fishing rod over the side and see what you can catch.

Constant complainers this week.

Are you suggesting I was complaining? We loved our cruise and love going out of PR. Just commenting on WJ and giving out preferences...

Just off a B2B on Adventure, Yes there is a stir fry station and is was very good, probably the best selection they had for dinner in the WJ, the rest of the selections were not very appealing.

Thanks for confirming the stir fry station; I enjoy a good stir fry meal occasionally. It concerns me though about the lack of other good selections. :(

Are you suggesting I was complaining? We loved our cruise and love going out of PR. Just commenting on WJ and giving out preferences...

Yuu are so right, for someone that gets pleased with burgers and hotdogs the selection is great, unfortunately quite a large crowd seems to be satisfied with that, but otherwise the selection was very poor. Oh and if it wasn't mentioned, the selection of desserts was everyday also almost the same. Anyhow, I guess dinner was ok with better variety due to the theme nights, however I never went up there myself.

Just back tonight from two weeks on board the Adventure. We ate one night in the WJ for dinner with our group after a long day and not wanting to hurry and go to MDR. We were glad we did. Nothing was appealing on the menu for MDR but the food was great up in WJ. We loved the stir fry station and the steaks cooked just right was added bonus. Food this trip in MDR was hit or miss. We switched to MTD this second week as our waiter was moved to another area and service was way to slow the first two nights and food orders were not correct. The kitchen was slow and not sure why.

Just back tonight from two weeks on board the Adventure. We ate one night in the WJ for dinner with our group after a long day and not wanting to hurry and go to MDR. We were glad we did. Nothing was appealing on the menu for MDR but the food was great up in WJ. We loved the stir fry station and the steaks cooked just right was added bonus. Food this trip in MDR was hit or miss. We switched to MTD this second week as our waiter was moved to another area and service was way to slow the first two nights and food orders were not correct. The kitchen was slow and not sure why.

We must have been on the same cruise 15th Feb to the 22nd.

I only ate in the WJ one evening meal, the night we were in Aruba, and the variety was pretty decent and the sushi was prepared fresh.

The lunch options were pretty similar each day and I did hear a lot of people complaining about the constant emphasis on pork. I never had an issue with it, but I do know many would have liked more variety day by day.

The Main Dining Room dinners were really good in my opinion. I was careful what I picked and rarely had any issues with the variety offered. Any failings were my decision to try something a little out of my comfort zone. Our seating time was 6pm and we were often still in there at 7:45. In no way did this seem the fault of our wait staff, who were great. Thankfully we had really nice people to chat to, but I do think over an hour and a half for dinner each night was a little excessive.

Sorry to high jack. But any chance you would post new compasses??

Especially if you have both itineraries

We too were on this same Adventure cruise.

We ate all of our dinners in the main dining room.

Have no complaints regarding the selection of food.

Most nights I had 1 or 2 appetizers with a main course. To change it up one night I only had appetizers, and another night I had two main courses with no appetizers. The servers encourage you to order what you want.

One evening we were craving something as simple as a chocolate brownie but it was not on the menu. Our server was able to get us the brownie we wanted and it was delicious. Turns out it came from the kids menu. Not travelling with children, I didn't know there was a separate kids menu.

This was our 5th RCI cruise (2nd on Adventure) and I too was surprised how slow the service was in the dining room. I agree this was no reflection on our table servers.

We had lunch in the dining room twice and enjoyed the food selection.

Enjoy your trip!

D.

We too were on this same Adventure cruise.

We ate all of our dinners in the main dining room.

Have no complaints regarding the selection of food.

Most nights I had 1 or 2 appetizers with a main course. To change it up one night I only had appetizers, and another night I had two main courses with no appetizers. The servers encourage you to order what you want.

One evening we were craving something as simple as a chocolate brownie but it was not on the menu. Our server was able to get us the brownie we wanted and it was delicious. Turns out it came from the kids menu. Not travelling with children, I didn't know there was a separate kids menu.

This was our 5th RCI cruise (2nd on Adventure) and I too was surprised how slow the service was in the dining room. I agree this was no reflection on our table servers.

We had lunch in the dining room twice and enjoyed the food selection.

Enjoy your trip!

D.

We’re empty nesters (yea) but I learned years ago about requesting a kids menu. I even like RCCLs Mac and Cheese off from the kids menu. My wife calls it yellow death but what does she know.

Sorry to high jack. But any chance you would post new compasses??

Especially if you have both itineraries

I didn't keep the compasses....sorry....

We also had the activities director as our cruise director as Mercedes was called to Miami in the middle of our cruise the week before. Really noticed the cutback in activities....really missed the PA announcements.

The captain noted at his captain corner session that these changes were brought about by surveys from the Quantum. Yep the ship that keeps on spilling over changes to all of the ships. Sorry just shaking my head.

We must have been on the same cruise 15th Feb to the 22nd.

I only ate in the WJ one evening meal, the night we were in Aruba, and the variety was pretty decent and the sushi was prepared fresh.

The lunch options were pretty similar each day and I did hear a lot of people complaining about the constant emphasis on pork. I never had an issue with it, but I do know many would have liked more variety day by day.

The Main Dining Room dinners were really good in my opinion. I was careful what I picked and rarely had any issues with the variety offered. Any failings were my decision to try something a little out of my comfort zone. Our seating time was 6pm and we were often still in there at 7:45. In no way did this seem the fault of our wait staff, who were great. Thankfully we had really nice people to chat to, but I do think over an hour and a half for dinner each night was a little excessive.

Our first week was great but kitchen really messing up....cordon bleu...plain chicken...forgot to stuff it...how you forget to stuff the entire dining time entree? just little things that after so many cruises and 8 on adventure it just didn't make the experience enjoyable. second week was crazy the first two days...our waiter was too over the top...demanding we stop talking so he could do his talk. I don't think so. We were sitting..the four of us with two spanish speaking couples...one couple had no english and didn't say a word much less acknowledge us at the table first night and other couple was so excited to just have someone willing to talk to the with limited english and had bad table experience week before. Our friends were supposed to sit with us as well but had switched to MTD and we decided we were doing that also. What a difference but service was fast like our week prior and was better.

Thanks, I was really hoping for the other week. Anyone else on here keep them???

Otherwise, does anyone know if the headliners stay the same for several weeks??

The headliners normally do not stay the same more than two weeks. There are exceptions, like the magician act (Drew Thomas) on Freedom.

• 2 weeks later...