Reflection's 100th Cruise: Feb. 21, 2015

C 2 C

ways. Few excursions had been booked.

Tomorrow we're in St Thomas and there will be many grumbles as we are tendered ashore.

We were supposed to tender in St. Thomas on Reflection January 28...But we didn't...we docked at Havensight...Another ship was tendered...I never heard why we switched...maybe you will get lucky. We didn't leave the ship, so it really didn't matter to us, but it was good for the ones that did leave ship.

for the Celebrity cruising experience.

The first time I saw the present CD was at the Captain's Club Celebration for which Joanne and I try and look presentable while the officers are present.

I looked up and saw this guy in shorts and baggy shirt on stage and I turned to the Guest relations manager and said.. "You have to be kidding. This guy is making the presentation looking like that?" I thought it was a total sign of disrespect for the occasion. If this is modern luxury, I want nothing to do with it and the spokesman for the direction this company is going.

IMG_4009_zps3dcc080f.jpg

Yes, we were there, too, and my wife turned to me and said "My goodness, he's in shorts." We thought it very strange and inappropriate, but then, we think wearing shorts in the MDR for dinner or a baseball cap in the Tuscan Restaurant at lunch yesterday are also inappropriate. I do not understand why mature men cannot wear proper clothing in restaurants, not do I understand why Celebrity allows it.

To the person who asked about the quality of food in Murano, our experience has always been good. I doubt we'll dine there on our current cruise, but not because of any problem with the cuisine or staff.

Edited by BosoxI

I have to say that we have been on the ship for since Saturday and I wouldn't know the CD if I passed him on a corridor.

We have met good friends from home and don't see the need to visit the shows. They are on next week when the dhows will be pretty much the same.

We have made good use of the free speciality restaurants this week. The downside is that you only get late bookings like 8.30 or 9pm which takes the shows out of play anyway but we would rather have a nice meal with good company.

I hope this is the same next week on the Eclipse but I doubt that it will happen as most of their changes will happen in dry dock.

I saw some zenith cards being shipped at the sunset bar pre our lunch today- around 1.30. I presume they were yours Arno

Yes, we were there, too, and my wife turned to me and said "My goodness, he's in shorts." We thought it very strange and inappropriate, but then, we think wearing shorts in the MDR for dinner or a baseball cap in the Tuscan Restaurant at lunch yesterday are also inappropriate. I do not understand why mature men cannot wear proper clothing in restaurants, not do I understand why Celebrity allows it.

How about high ranking crew not bothering to shave? That was a surprise for me!

Also, I was taken aback that they allowed men wearing Yankee shirts and baseball caps in to the Captain's Club Celebration. Must be "Modern Luxury".:confused: Of all team shirts, the YANKEES! Then came the Harley- Davidson tees...

I have to say that we have been on the ship for since Saturday and I wouldn't know the CD if I passed him on a corridor.

I saw some zenith cards being shipped at the sunset bar pre our lunch today- around 1.30. I presume they were yours Arno

If I was in an orange shirt from the 2014 World Cup.... That was me enjoying life on the shady side of deck 15.. On a rescue mission... ;)

First time that I've tried to use tapatalk for a photo.... The list is 15 pages long and you never mentioned your favourites..... I've never consumed a cruise in a bottle...

Sent from our Reflection Condo by the sea...

image.jpg7_zpsee83qi4r.jpg

Edited by Arno.

Really these all sound like first world problems. Get over it the guy wore shorts at an event while being the CD in the carribean. If it bothers you that much then speak with your money, however I guarantee that the complainers won't because it's easier to complain.

How about high ranking crew not bothering to shave? That was a surprise for me!

Also, I was taken aback that they allowed men wearing Yankee shirts and baseball caps in to the Captain's Club Celebration. Must be "Modern Luxury".:confused: Of all team shirts, the YANKEES! Then came the Harley- Davidson tees...

I probably agree with the dress code comments but our daughter and husband are celebrating their 15th anniversary and their first Celebrity cruise this week on the Silhouette and I can guarantee they would be amused at the fuss over this. We are so hoping they enjoy Celebrity as we do but clearly this may be a generational issue. Our kids are in Aqua and will not be dressing as we do for formal night. Oh well...

Really these all sound like first world problems. Get over it the guy wore shorts at an event while being the CD in the carribean. If it bothers you that much then speak with your money, however I guarantee that the complainers won't because it's easier to complain.

Unlike some, when I post from a luxurious ship advertising Modern Luxury, I actually know, unlike some left coasters, that I live and comment about life in the first world.

People complaining about comments made by people not actually on a ship can spread the message to all the other worlds with which they communicate..

Edited by Arno.

I'm really enjoying this discussion about life aboard ship. Thanks Arno for posting your impressions and the dailies. Sitting at the Sunset bar, enjoying the view...it sounds absolutely fabulous. Your posts provide much entertainment and day dream material. Another storm in Atlantic Canada, 20 cm snow yesterday and more to come. Thanks for letting us know what is happening onboard the Reflection on your Friday day at sea. Cheers

Arno, did they really Tender at St. Thomas? I was just reading the daily and that is what it said. Can you clarify?

Reflection drew the short straw and used local and ship tenders for transport to downtown.

Tenders no longer required tickets just after 11am.