Reflection's 100th Cruise: Feb. 21, 2015

C 2 C

This is great....:D i'm going March 7th and Arno will be the perfect person to pump me up..:p

of note-

it seems music group 5 O'Clock Somewhere is gone replaced by Walker Black

http://www.walkerblackmusic.com/

anyone know anything about them-. they sound wonderful....

My husband is their number one groupie. They were on the Reflection TA last April and had just come onboard again when we cruised in January. My husband spent many hours enjoying them last year and they remembered him and Angie gave him a big hug when she saw him this year.

They are very personable, down to earth people and are thrilled to be back on the Reflection. They said it was like coming home. My husband had them dedicate a song to me that brought tears to my eyes last year (a surprise). This year he asked them to do Black Velvet for our friends onboard when he heard it was "their song." They did a beautiful job and our friends were so touched.

They were the performers for the wine and cheese on the lawn event. What a wonderful night: a balmy evening sitting on the lawn on blankets with little tables with tea lights and wine and cheese listening to Angie and Jim perform. Magical!

Lucky you! Enjoy your cruise!

Captain Bouzakis just took over two weeks ago as did the CD.

The CD is the weakest of all the CDs with whom we have ever sailed.

His role seems to be chief salesman for every department.

His morning announcement is a very loud recap of every thing printed in the daily and he says exactly that... For those who don't like to read....

His "jokes" are the same every cruise.

Please buy me a Peter Max since I just bought a house.. There is a flash mob.. It's a secret.. Shs it's a secret... Are you enjoying yourself... After the response ... How about the rest of you.. A question every time he is on stage...

He seriously needs a script writer... Sorry but he is just too full of himself.... Get some new material please...

I know that Celebrity monitors these boards and my weekly review does not seem to get through. I would not knowingly get on another ship with him in charge of daily activities. :eek:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong...they are blocking your reviews?

...and how can they (Celebrity) do that?

I'm a bit confused...I thought they only posted here

Edited by 20pluscruises

His morning announcement is a very loud recap of every thing printed in the daily and he says exactly that... For those who don't like to read....

Please buy me a Peter Max since I just bought a house.. There is a flash mob.. It's a secret.. Shs it's a secret... Are you enjoying yourself... After the response ... How about the rest of you.. A question every time he is on stage...

He seriously needs a script writer... Sorry but he is just too full of himself.... Get some new material please...

I know that Celebrity monitors these boards and my weekly review does not seem to get through. I would not knowingly get on another ship with him in charge of daily activities. :eek:

We sailed on Reflection in January (24 to 31) and I'm pretty sure we had same captain (and I know we had same CD...I thought his "I know you guys could all chip in and by me artwork" to be a little tacky).

If it was the same captain he always ended daily announcement with, "ciao for now"

They were the performers for the wine and cheese on the lawn event. What a wonderful night: a balmy evening sitting on the lawn on blankets with little tables with tea lights and wine and cheese listening to Angie and Jim perform. Magical!

Lucky you! Enjoy your cruise!

sounds great. I hope Celebraty(reflection)still does this event.!

:D That's the new European style and cut. Looks so uncomfortable!

Ya mean kind of like the early sixties, when the jackets looked too short, as did the pants(trousers to Brits), AKA the Beatles before Nehru jackets?:eek:

The look is really not attractive. It's nice to see a well tailored suit but these are just too closely cut and do look very uncomfortable. It's like some of the young women's dresses that are so tight and short that if they try to sit down they will become a belt. LOL;)

Ya mean kind of like the early sixties, when the jackets looked too short, as did the pants(trousers to Brits), AKA the Beatles before Nehru jackets?:eek:

There were cruisers last week wearing Nehru jackets! Must be making a comeback.

Alexander, the CD, has real colorful suits. They matched my wife's dresses. Banana yellow, light blue, peach, etc. Also, the pants (trousers) were cut that way so as not to get wet in the tropical rain. We call them high waters.

Agreed. Alexander was our CD on a 2013 Bermuda Summit cruise and we were happy that he had rejoined Reflection in time for our Jan. 17th cruise but soon changed our minds. I don't know what happened in 18 months but we found a totally different CD this time.

Pat

We also found Alexander to be better than many we have had. He answered all questions we posed to him and that was commendable. Alexander even remembered our names and that is highly unusual for a CD.

If I spent consecutive weeks on the same ship, doing the same itinerary, and seeing the same shows, I imagine I would hear the same jokes and comments. It is to be expected.

We don't care too much about CDs, but I have to say that Alexander was really popular with the young crowd last summer on the Reflection. Our cruise in July was full of families and many teenagers. There was also a really good mixture of nationalities, with many Latin Americans and Brazilians. Alexander also had a great group of people working for him, including a latin american gentleman that was amazing. You could tell that he is being groomed to become a CD in the future. BTW, we saw him more around the ship in charge of activities than Alexander. :):) But I guess that if the entertainment staff is doing a great job then Alexander is doing a good job!!

Don't want to turn this into the defend Alex thread but my wife and I also thought he was a better CD than we've had on many ships.

Good to hear! Looking forward to seeing what he is all about.

As for the clothes...the jackets are cut so close that I don't believe that a man can raise his arms or give a hug without ripping a seam.:D

Tat cut works ONLY with "skinny"; the CD is not a lightweight.:(

Alexander looks pretty good to me, although not sure about that yellow suit. :D He appears to be a happy go lucky guy and I look forward to hearing his act. I'll hold judgment until then.

That cut doesn't look good to me on a skinny man. One of the head waiters had one on last cruise, and as someone else said, he looked like PeeWee Herman getting ready to pop!:eek:

Edited by Iamthesea

Maybe I'm reading this wrong...they are blocking your reviews?

I'm a bit confused...I thought they only posted here

Sorry the weekly surveys are being lost in Cyberspace....

Every time I start to respond my connection is dropped as I type only to have to log in and start over.... very frustrating

My frustration/anger sometimes rolls over to other topics....

I tried to edit my post right after submitting but the internet connection continues to irritated and Cruise Critics time limit expired before I could reconnect.

I have been on this site for over a dozen years and have only the highest regard for all the hard working staff and crew onboard Celebrity ships.

Modern Luxury is the theme for the Celebrity cruising experience.

The first time I saw the present CD was at the Captain's Club Celebration for which Joanne and I try and look presentable while the officers are present.

I looked up and saw this guy in shorts and baggy shirt on stage and I turned to the Guest relations manager and said.. "You have to be kidding. This guy is making the presentation looking like that?" I thought it was a total sign of disrespect for the occasion. If this is modern luxury, I want nothing to do with it and the spokesman for the direction this company is going.

IMG_4009_zps3dcc080f.jpg

Edited by Arno.

Now about the voyage.

We're sitting on deck 15 overlooking the harbour in St Maarten on a beautiful day.

As the CD would say: "you're on vacation, nothing is serious."

There have not been too many rumbles about missing San Juan since it would have been a short stop anyways. Few excursions had been booked.

Tomorrow we're in St Thomas and there will be many grumbles as we are tendered ashore.

We received a pillow chocolate commemorating the 100th voyage on Sunday night. We were told another gift would show up yesterday but it never appeared.

The comedian made many attempts to be funny but we left early. Yesterday the fab 4 played great beatles hits.. a great show.

Alexander came on stage at the end of the performance in his banana yellow suit and nearly everyone started singing " Yellow Submarine"...:D

Jordan Bennet a great singer will be boarding today or tomorrow. He is an outstanding talent.

Arno and BosoxI, have either of you dined at Murano recently and, if so, did you feel the level of food and service was up to its usual high standard? I read on another thread that Celebrity is moving the chefs from Murano on S-class ships to the new Luminae restaurants. We are sailing next month and were planning to enjoy several dinners in Murano, but will change our plans if the quality of the food and/or service has diminished.

Arno and BosoxI, have either of you dined at Murano recently and, if so, did you feel the level of food and service was up to its usual high standard? I read on another thread that Celebrity is moving the chefs from Murano on S-class ships to the new Luminae restaurants. We are sailing next month and were planning to enjoy several dinners in Murano, but will change our plans if the quality of the food and/or service has diminished.

We have the good fortune to experience daily trips to all the specialty restaurants and Murano offers the best service and dining experience three times a week. Outstanding!

:D That's the new European style and cut. Looks so uncomfortable!

Tat cut works ONLY with "skinny"; the CD is not a lightweight.:(

The style has been out for a few seasons over here. I agree, you do have to be on the slim side to wear it well. My DS will not wear anything else but 'skinny' trousers (pants to you), however he is built like a beanpole :D.

I have to agree with you that the CD should have been dressed more appropriately. Perhaps he was running late from another gig where shorts were appropriate. :rolleyes: Will be interesting to know if the Guest relations manager had a word with him.

Jordan Bennet a great singer will be boarding today or tomorrow. He is an outstanding talent.

Really? I am surprised. He was on our Equinox cruise two weeks ago - twice. He was alright, but I am hoping for some different talent on my Reflections cruise.

Sorry the weekly surveys are being lost in Cyberspace....

Every time I start to respond my connection is dropped as I type only to have to log in and start over.... very frustrating

My frustration/anger sometimes rolls over to other topics....

I tried to edit my post right after submitting but the internet connection continues to irritated and Cruise Critics time limit expired before I could reconnect.

I have been on this site for over a dozen years and have only the highest regard for all the hard working staff and crew onboard Celebrity ships.

Modern Luxury is the theme for the Celebrity cruising experience.

The first time I saw the present CD was at the Captain's Club Celebration for which Joanne and I try and look presentable while the officers are present.

I looked up and saw this guy in shorts and baggy shirt on stage and I turned to the Guest relations manager and said.. "You have to be kidding. This guy is making the presentation looking like that?" I thought it was a total sign of disrespect for the occasion. If this is modern luxury, I want nothing to do with it and the spokesman for the direction this company is going.

IMG_4009_zps3dcc080f.jpg

Whew! Many thanks for clearing that up :)

...and ITA about the CD's dress code :eek:

We have the good fortune to experience daily trips to all the specialty restaurants and Murano offers the best service and dining experience three times a week. Outstanding!

Arno, thanks so much for the positive report. We'll stick with our plan to visit Murano at least three times during our upcoming cruise. I can't wait to enjoy the Dover Sole Veronique and Grand Marnier Souffle!