Isn't she pretty? (Vista Photo)

Velvetwater

Still can't get over that funny "duck tail" on her transom. I know it's a proven concept and helps her slice through the water but still looks funny.

I wonder how different her wake will look with this installed.

Otherwise, for a modern cruise ship of her size, she's got nice lines.

Doing well, up to 18 knots....oops 19.2

Speed trials? Her top speed is supposed to be 23 knots, will probably be able to exceed that without all the passengers crew and fittings yet-to-be-installed.

Be awesome to be aboard her at this moment, but we'll just have to settle for the next best thing: this thread!

Nice! Got up to 22.2 now doing slaloms at full throttle

I wonder how much she's heeling over. Would love to be on her top deck (with a harness).

Should be noted, of course, that the Vista will never have to undertake such high-speed maneuvering in her service life...unless she's pressed into service and sent off to war.

Edited by Dunnik

Love all the pics, thank you so much.:D

Surprised at the cane back type chairs in the MDR, they do not look to comfortable for a long relaxing dinner.:confused: Major difference from the ones depicted in the drawings. cruisedeckplans.com

Edited by PekingeseLady

Surprised at the cane back type chairs in the MDR, they do not look to comfortable for a long relaxing dinner.:confused:

The chairs and deck tables there are likely just the ones for the crew working on the ship. They won't be the ones used when the ship enters service.

Surprised at the cane back type chairs in the MDR, they do not look to comfortable for a long relaxing dinner.:confused: Major difference from the ones depicted in the drawings. cruisedeckplans.com

I thought the same when I saw the chairs but then I took a closer look at the tables and noticed they look like the portable fold up type so I assumed these are just temporary...

and here is a very important photo, it is the Brewery at Red Frog Pub on Vista

The Brew Master will be a very important person. That person should already be on the ship getting ready to start the first batch (if they haven't already). I'm sure the working crew would have no problem being taste testers. :D