WaterSlides!

Duke Mazer

Royal Caribbean hits a home run.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=february2015_harmony_announcement

Harmony of the Seas now hits a whole new level: A park, a boardwalk, a carousel, mini golf, 2 flowriders, zipline, ice skating, aqua theather, 2 rock climbing wall, H20 zone, best kids club and now 3 water slides. Finally! Now those carnival people can't stick it in my face "ya but does it have waterslide?" YES IT DOES!

The latest Oasis Class ship introduces the first waterslides on Royal Caribbean with a splash. Three thrilling waterslides will bring brand new adventures to the ship’s Pool and Sports Zone, as you dip, dive and swirl three decks down through a series of twists and turns.

The only thing that can ruin this ship is CATS! Do you hear me RCI, no CATS. How about.......WICKED!

Edited by Duke Mazer

Totally agree with you. We almost booked Disney over Allure...and it wasn't because RCL was missing Mickey and princesses. It was because Allure was missing waterslides...something I know would keep our kids busy for hours during the day. So RCL got smart and added the one thing missing. (I have heard that a couple ships do have a waterslide, but they are very small and kids get stuck going down them).

Funny enough, we're sailing April 2016.....(but guess it's a mystery where Harmony will sail)

That'll be interesting what show goes on the Harmony. Wicked is probably a little too complex with set and costumes (although an awesome musical)

Totally agree with you. We almost booked Disney over Allure...and it wasn't because RCL was missing Mickey and princesses. It was because Allure was missing waterslides...something I know would keep our kids busy for hours during the day. So RCL got smart and added the one thing missing. (I have heard that a couple ships do have a waterslide, but they are very small and kids get stuck going down them).

Funny enough, we're sailing April 2016.....(but guess it's a mystery where Harmony will sail)

That'll be interesting what show goes on the Harmony. Wicked is probably a little too complex with set and costumes (although an awesome musical)

It's interesting that the web site describes these slides as "the first waterslides on Royal Caribbean".

Royal Caribbean hits a home run.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=february2015_harmony_announcement

Harmony of the Seas now hits a whole new level: A park, a boardwalk, a carousel, mini golf, 2 flowriders, zipline, ice skating, aqua theather, 2 rock climbing wall, H20 zone, best kids club and now 3 water slides. Finally! Now those carnival people can't stick it in my face "ya but does it have waterslide?" YES IT DOES!

The latest Oasis Class ship introduces the first waterslides on Royal Caribbean with a splash. Three thrilling waterslides will bring brand new adventures to the ship’s Pool and Sports Zone, as you dip, dive and swirl three decks down through a series of twists and turns.

The only thing that can ruin this ship is CATS! Do you hear me RCI, no CATS. How about.......WICKED!

OMG...I am laughing hysterically! Please, PLEASE PLEASE Royal Caribbean....NO CATS!!!! Wicked!!!

It's interesting that the web site describes these slides as "the first waterslides on Royal Caribbean".

Radiance class has one small slide, and the original 3 voyager ships (VY, EX, and AD) all also had one small slide. I think the one on Voyager is now gone though, due to the new flowrider.

I think that's because the slides that do exist are toddler-sized, and as such don't really count as slides because they aren't available to the general sailing population, only those tiny enough to fit on them.

I'm going to also add my educated guess that the waterslides are a nod to Harmony's location.

I remember when Mariner was launched, it was the first ship with H20 zone and it was based in Port Canaveral.

The waterpark for kids/families and the ship poised to go head to head with Disney.

Between the dredging going on in the channel there, the brand new terminal and now the waterslides, I'm putting my money on Harmony heading to Canaveral.

I'm going to also add my educated guess that the waterslides are a nod to Harmony's location.

I remember when Mariner was launched, it was the first ship with H20 zone and it was based in Port Canaveral.

The waterpark for kids/families and the ship poised to go head to head with Disney.

Between the dredging going on in the channel there, the brand new terminal and now the waterslides, I'm putting my money on Harmony heading to Canaveral.

Freedom was the first ship with the H2O zone.