Princess Air Restricted Fare

greenie082756

Hello all! Now I have done a search and did not see the answer to my concern.

I have booked a RESTRICTED fare with Princess Air last Sunday. I expected to see it on my charge card but its not. My understanding is that with restricted fare it payable immediately..right? Then why is it in my personalizer cruise fare total?

Oh I don't mind paying it later, just want to make sure I get that airfare.

Does anyone know why it went to my personalizer billing instead of directly charging my card? Just curious.:confused:

I have booked a RESTRICTED fare with Princess Air last Sunday. I expected to see it on my charge card but its not. My understanding is that with restricted fare it payable immediately..right? Then why is it in my personalizer cruise fare total?

Oh I don't mind paying it later, just want to make sure I get that airfare.

Does anyone know why it went to my personalizer billing instead of directly charging my card? Just curious.:confused:

Anything you buy thru Princess shows up on the Cruise Personalizer. This so that insurance can see what was paid in total. The other question , did you by accident buy unrestricted airfare.

What did Princess say when you called them about it?
Did not. Thought you might have the answer.

Have you paid your entire cruise balance?

The way I understand it is....

If not the air cannot be paid for separately.

If its not paid it is not set and the price can change.

Thank you for your answer and that makes sense. Their website and princess air booking processes is confusing. I've done it before, just don't remember what the process was. :confused:

Interesting that I went to the airlines site to check the reservation and it was $25.00 less per person. Hmmm...

Again, thank you. :)

Interesting that I went to the airlines site to check the reservation and it was $25.00 less per person. Hmmm...

Again, thank you. :)

Thats why it pays to shop.

I ended up booking my Med cruise last Oct direct through United, much better prices/times then Princess.

Sometimes there are deals though. ;)

I assume during the booking process you did enter your credit card information. Correct?

I assume during the booking process you did enter your credit card information. Correct?

Yes I did. That's why I am surprised it didn't get processed. However I have not fully paid for the cruise yet. I am not too concerned because I have a confirmation # and when I go to the airline they have us booked with the same confirmation. I just don't want any surprises :eek:

Took another look @ my credit card statement online and guess what?? The charges for the airline tickets were there dated 2/22 however did not show up until 2/25. :confused:

So if you buy RESTRICTED tickets via Princess Air yes you will be charged separately and immediately (if you call 3 days immediately).

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaa!! All is good in the land of the internet.;)

Took another look @ my credit card statement online and guess what?? The charges for the airline tickets were there dated 2/22 however did not show up until 2/25. :confused:

So if you buy RESTRICTED tickets via Princess Air yes you will be charged separately and immediately (if you call 3 days immediately).

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaa!! All is good in the land of the internet.;)

Depends on the credit card and day you bought the airfare. If bought after a certain time on Friday it won't show up until Monday.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Follow up question, we sail to Alaska in July and have exAir (flexible fare). if we pay the full price of the cruise and air fare now, will that get us the flights we have selected. We are like you do not want any changes. Thanks.

Yes barring any change/times of flights by the airline.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Follow up question, we sail to Alaska in July and have exAir (flexible fare). if we pay the full price of the cruise and air fare now, will that get us the flights we have selected. We are like you do not want any changes. Thanks.

I haven't had any flight or price changes occur until final payment.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

We recently booked our air through Princess. It's our first time using them. Could someone tell me why the flexible fares are less money than the restricted fares? With the flexible fares we can cancel or change up to 45 days prior to the cruise. It would seem they should be more.

Thats what I thought, but they do go up faster as you scroll through more and more choices.