Prediction after March 10th?

LuCruise

Most of the current pricing I've seen is much higher than previous years. The current BOGOHO is not a good deal for the most part.

Could it be that regardless of how it is marketed, these prices are here to stay. My only complaint with BOGO is the inability to get those prices with the Visa points.

Is there currently a "drink part" as you mention? I have four cabins booked for NYE on Independence three balconies and one PR, ten people. Our cruise went up but if I can get the drink package added Im all over it since there are six of the ten that I will be purchasing the package.

We have Haven in NCL booked for next year, two cabins, and the beverage and dining package as well as OBC are all included.

Thank you for letting me know about if there is also a drink package being offered. I would love it since we are purchasing anyway.

Thanks.

Yes, input the code BEVERAGE to have it included (outside or higher staterooms...so you could get it for your balconies but not the Promenade). It does jack up the price though so you need to see if it's worth it. Here is the url

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=wvq1_2_tctclp_bgw_gnrlmr_cntntr_1063&pagename=february2015_bogo_wild_Caribbean

Edited by LuCruise

What if I book and put the $950 deposit down. Few months down the road the same cabin category is cheaper. Can I call and get them to give me the better price or can I cancel and rebook without a penalty? Is the deposit always this high? I seem to recall in the past only having a deposit of around $200 pp.

We booked two cabins for March, 2016 at the BOGO deal with $250pp deposit. At the time of booking, we were advised that they would honor a lower price if they dropped the price for the same cabin class. But we were also told that the BOGO sale was ending at midnight that day, which turned out to be false, so we'll see. Happy with the price, as it seems lower than what I have seen for RCI in the past. Will just keep checking and see what turns up.

Booked 4 cruises under the original BOGOHO, haven't booked anything since. Waiting to cancel 2 of them until the new deployment schedule comes out and I can decide whether to roll the deposits to something else or just cancel them outright.

In the meantime NCL got my business for next spring-break in large part due to price (Escape with Beverage Package for less than Freedom without it) and has a deposit for next Thanksgiving as well since they actually have itineraries going that far out.

I am hoping the 16/17 itineraries are decent and decently priced but I wont be surprised to be disappointed.

Funny thing for us is we can't even get a price drop if a new sale comes and prices go down. We are in a Promenade cabin for 4, and there are few of them and it looks like the last one is now gone. So there is no way for me to compare our price (only if I select a different cruise, but prices differ from cruise to cruise). So guess no price drop for us...only option is if we see other staterooms drop and we want to "upgrade" (but only one I'd consider would be Boardwalk Balcony which is a big jump up price wise).

Edited by LuCruise

Having been "Loyal to Royal" and a "frequent floater" for many years, we have cruise pricing records going back many years. Comparing prices for the 2012-2013 and 2013 to 2014 seasons, with current 2014 to 2015 "Special" deals, it is very clear that for the most part sales prices are actually considerably more expensive than non sales prices. To compensate and stay within budget, we are now sailing less and in lower cost categories. To those of you that find current prices to your liking, we are sure RCCL thanks you and will continue the "sales."

Just tried to book a triple on the allure of the seas and they said totally sold out of triples. The funny thing is there are several full suites (crown loft, royal suite, sky suite, grand suite ext). I am surprised royal did not leave enough room for full suites. Many times folks get a large suite for 3-4 guests for the extra space.

I just booked Navigator in April 2016 I picked the bogo with $200 OBC, it was a better deal than C&A & Canadian discount. How do I check to see if the beverage package would be a better deal? We will be buying it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, input the code BEVERAGE to have it included (outside or higher staterooms...so you could get it for your balconies but not the Promenade). It does jack up the price though so you need to see if it's worth it. Here is the url

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=wvq1_2_tctclp_bgw_gnrlmr_cntntr_1063&pagename=february2015_bogo_wild_Caribbean

Oh goodness! Thank you. Will this still be going on tomorrow? We are getting the drink packages anyway so if the price comes out less by adding it, I will add it. There will be 5 adults that will benefit but Ill also price out the PR and their drink package as well as an outside with it added.

Thank you.

I like booking late and despite really loving the idea of a 9 day Galveston, western Caribbean itinerary will probably wait to book. I guess we'll see if this turns out to be a foolish move or not. Really, I just like exploring cruise options almost as much as I like sailing, only because I am limited to roughly a trip a year.

Enter the code BEVERAGE. The field is right under the price box (on screen where you can see all the outside, balcony, etc cabins

Is this for the Ultimate Beverage Package?

Also, if the Ultimate (or Premium) is $55 per day.

I am taking a 5 night cruise, do I multiply by 5 or 6 and

once I have that number, I am adding 18%? Is this included in the BEVERAGE option?

Thank you SO much!

Checking now.

Is this for the Ultimate Beverage Package?

Also, if the Ultimate (or Premium) is $55 per day.

I am taking a 5 night cruise, do I multiply by 5 or 6 and

once I have that number, I am adding 18%? Is this included in the BEVERAGE option?

Thank you SO much!

Checking now.

I believe the BEVERAGE option gives you the Premium package.

You would multiply by 5 for a 5 night cruise. Gratuities on the drink package are included with the BEVERAGE option.

It's unbelievable what they are charging under this "sale". As a result, I have booked my next 8-9 cruises with other companies (NCL, Princess, Celebrity, etc). I used to like Royal, but now they are not my first choice since the price is so much more than the competitors. I might try Anthem/Harmony when they come out...but no more on the older ships if their prices stay at the current level.

I believe the BEVERAGE option gives you the Premium package.

You would multiply by 5 for a 5 night cruise. Gratuities on the drink package are included with the BEVERAGE option.

Thank you very much.

So, for a 5 night cruise, the Ultimate being $55 I would be paying total $275 since the 18% is included in the $55.

Just wanted to make sure I have all the numbers correct.

Thank you very much.

Edited by js

I'll be happy to see this so-called "sale" go away for good. When BOGOHO first started it wasn't a bad deal for some of the sailings. But the prices have gotten utterly ridiculous. We're holding off on booking next month's EN cruise hoping the sale will end and prices will come down. How ironic is that?

Thank you very much.

So, for a 5 night cruise, the Ultimate being $55 I would be paying total $275 since the 18% is included in the $55.

Just wanted to make sure I have all the numbers correct.

Thank you very much.

If you use the BEVERAGE promo, the Premium package is included as part of your cruise fare. You would not have to pay anything extra for a drink package.

If you do not use a drink package promo, then the Premium package would cost you $49 x 5 days plus 18% = $289.10.

Edited by clarea

I'll be happy to see this so-called "sale" go away for good. When BOGOHO first started it wasn't a bad deal for some of the sailings. But the prices have gotten utterly ridiculous. We're holding off on booking next month's EN cruise hoping the sale will end and prices will come down. How ironic is that?

Grady, if you find a good EN price let me know, we are in Cocoa full time for now

I took advantage of the BOGOHO sale when they first started and were pretty good deal. Because of the inflated prices, I don't have anything booked with Royal for the foreseeable future. I do have NCL booked for Jan 2017 because they have some fantastic deals right now. :D I'm sure Royal will have some decent deals from time to time, but those are far few in between now.