documents and baggage tags

myrosie14

No, no more doing the "cruise doc dance" when that package arrives in the mail. Everything is done by you at home on your computer/printer.

Enjoy!

Thanks can't remember how we attatched to luggage. Recall tags were color coded and sticky on back

Any hints would help. Getting old and memory isn't great.

Those tags are long gone...now you print them out yourself on your standard computer paper, fold along the lines and staple. Some people add clear packing tape or use special clear plastic luggage tag holders, but these are not required or necessary.

Edited by cherylandtk

I just print out the tags on A4 white paper, colour printing is best. If one of you is higher loyalty level like Platinum or Elite best to just print loads of that persons tags. My daughters bags used to arrive in cabin hours later. Then I fold them up into thin strip as per instructions printed and reinforce with clear sticky tape which can also be used to close the loop instead of staples if you like.

Regards John

We always use clear tape we get from the hotel front desk for the luggage tags instead of staple. Fold the 8x11 inch paper in thirds lengthwise per the instructions with the middle third showing. It is better but not required to print them out in color. We never have had a luggage tag torn off. Some pax put another luggage tag inside their luggage just in case the outside tag gets removed. All luggage without tags are taken to a central location so ask at the service desk if you are missing luggage. Which pax's luggage tag you use is not important as long as both are in the same cabin. Often I use mine for both of our luggage only because it is easier to print off multiple copies - just be sure to turn off automatic two sided printing!

We found a site, Serendipity.com, that sells plastic luggage holders that perfectly fit Princess luggage tags. Earlier we tried multiple staples, even taking a stapler along with us and lots of tape. Once, when leaving Ft. Lauderdale on a rainy day, our paper luggage was barely attached. One of the best $12.00 I have ever spent.

We purchased ours on ebay; they are cheaper and seem to be better quality than what you'll find at Serendipity and CC. They also will fit tags from any Cruise Line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Cruise-Lines-Set-of-8-HEAVY-DUTY-ZIP-LOCK-SEAL-LuggageTag-Holders-WATERPROOF-/321672142378?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae5275e2a

Thanks can't remember how we attatched to luggage. Recall tags were color coded and sticky on back

Any hints would help. Getting old and memory isn't great.

We printed our tags via the computer and on a color printer, then put them in these tag protectors. Worked great on our last cruise.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B00ABM7I0W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1425183450&sr=8-6&keywords=Princess+cruise+luggage+tags

The luggage tag holders that you buy are great and remember thy are a one time purchase. Hard to lose and great if its raining.

I have been told that the only time Princess sends out the documents in a book along with the luggage tags is if your going on a round world cruise. Its a cost measure by Princess and other cruise lines.

Tom:)

We print, layer on some clear packing tape and cut along the dotted lines. Then punch holes at the end (tough to staple through the tape) and secure with twist or zip ties. Water proof, fairly indestructible. It's lots of fun doing that on a snowy weekend because it's "cruise prep"!

We just put them in a plastic page protector and cut down to size and tape/staple.

We do the same. A box of 200 "lightweight" sheet protectors from Staples has lasted us years, between cruise baggage tags and keeping bicycling route maps intact. Print the bag tag, fold it in thirds, and now you're talking about three thicknesses of paper plus six thicknesses of sheet protector. Certainly not tearable, and solid enough that you could do a bunch of staples to make sure it's intact.

We have suitcases with two handles.

I put the luggage tags inside of holders or laminated on one handle and for the other handle just do follow the directions of how to do them per Princess ( no holders or lamination).

:rolleyes: Probably no need for lamination or holders because the ones I don't always arrive in equally good condition.

LuLu