Live From: Emerald 3/1/15 sail date Western

Steelers0854

The captain just came on and said the channel is still closed due to zero visibility near Galveston. We are the number 1 ship to go when it opens but he doesn't have an eta for when that will be. Looks like a few more hours here in Houston at minimum.

My parents are on with y'all this week, so I'm watching and waiting too. The Galveston cruise webcam shows the Carnival Triumph just docked in the last 30 minutes or so (delayed a bit by the fog), so maybe if the Triumph was able to dock, that means you'll be able to head out soon.

Saw them depart...just a random check of the webcam at the right moment on my part. AIS shows a port on it for 4 days out from now, a name when I saw it I didn't recognize.

I guess the official word on ports of call will all be out shortly. Perhaps the AIS is reporting a name in Belize other than the Belize City destination, go there first, then Roatan and back up to Cozumel perhaps?

RancherDave, I got a call from my dad as they were departing. He said they were going to Costa Maya first (Mahahual), then to Belize, and then Cozumel, followed by two sea days. So, it sounds like they will get to all the ports, with Cozumel being last instead of first.

RancherDave, I got a call from my dad as they were departing. He said they were going to Costa Maya first (Mahahual), then to Belize, and then Cozumel, followed by two sea days. So, it sounds like they will get to all the ports, with Cozumel being last instead of first.

Weren't they supposed to go to roatan? They subbed in Costa maya last time they were stuck at the port until Monday.

No, I think this week's itinerary was always set to go to Costa Maya. Maybe this itinerary alternates each week from CM to Roatan??

Yes, some cruises do Roatan, others do Costa Maya. Glad they can still get to all of the ports.

Hope the OP can provide updates as I'm looking forward to reliving the whole cruise! The internet on our cruise last week was the worst I've experienced on any Princess ship. Strangely it was the best the last day when on other ships that is usually the worst day. Anyway, hope it all works out and we hear lots of good things now that they have escaped the fog.

Weren't they supposed to go to roatan? They subbed in Costa maya last time they were stuck at the port until Monday.

looking at rest of cruises out of galveston none say Costa Maya, so I wonder if they did sub.....would have rather lost Belize than Roatan however. Still great they get to have three ports still!!! :)

No, I think this week's itinerary was always set to go to Costa Maya. Maybe this itinerary alternates each week from CM to Roatan??

Yes, some cruises do Roatan, others do Costa Maya. Glad they can still get to all of the ports.

Hope the OP can provide updates as I'm looking forward to reliving the whole cruise! The internet on our cruise last week was the worst I've experienced on any Princess ship. Strangely it was the best the last day when on other ships that is usually the worst day. Anyway, hope it all works out and we hear lots of good things now that they have escaped the fog.

Thx for the info on the itinerary. I didn't realize that the ports sometimes change.

I wonder if location matters on the Internet. I was mid ship on the caribe deck and I had no problems with the Internet. I used all my 150 minutes. I do find that the best time to go on ship internet is earlier in the morning or later at night.

looking at rest of cruises out of galveston none say Costa Maya, so I wonder if they did sub.....would have rather lost Belize than Roatan however. Still great they get to have three ports still!!! :)

Yeah, I'd be pretty ok losing Belize. That was a waste of a port day to me,

For some reason this itinerary always had Costa Maya instead of Mahogany Bay, which was the primary reason I decided to sail last week rather than this week.