Tipping & Gratuities

No I'm cool :cool:

Stay calm. I think that person wants people to bit so their point is proven about us "Aussies & nee Zealanders".

Why I have no idea but it must be hard going through life with an attitude and outlook like that. I feel sorry for the OP.

At least we can laugh at ourselves and enjoy what life and cruising brings us.

Stay calm. I think that person wants people to bit so their point is proven about us "Aussies & nee Zealanders".

Why I have no idea but it must be hard going through life with an attitude and outlook like that. I feel sorry for the OP.

At least we can laugh at ourselves and enjoy what life and cruising brings us.

I suspect that we may be better at that than any other nation. By us I mean us ANZACS, after all we are more alike than either side of the ditch like to admit.

I suspect that we may be better at that than any other nation. By us I mean us ANZACS, after all we are more alike than either side of the ditch like to admit.

I think you might be right.

Money for jam. A little bit uptight that one :D

Just a tad, and I did think the face rolling over laughing and my post 2 later talking about my real view towards tipping might have given it away.

Yes I wish tipping would return to what it once was as reward for exceptional service rather than a compulsory add on to pay the staff, but it is what it is and I can live with that.

Yes I wish tipping would return to what it once was as reward for exceptional service rather than a compulsory add on to pay the staff, but it is what it is and I can live with that.

+1

Actually the OP's comment surprised me somewhat after some of the threads I have read here with a large number of non-Australians proudly proclaiming they remove the daily service charges. :eek:

I am surprised that they felt the need to say this on the Aussie forum, I feel they are casing a bit of a stir. They are entitled to their opinion though, lucky we do not punish people for speaking their mind in Australia even if they are wrong.:D

Just a tad, and I did think the face rolling over laughing and my post 2 later talking about my real view towards tipping might have given it away.

Thats what annoys me the most about the tipping process. It is expected and sometimes demanded irrespective of whether the service was any good or not.

Edited by icat2000

See the above post.

But you should see their rant about Aussies and Kiwis on another thread, though I am wondering given the joining date, writing style et al if it might not be an Aussie known to use multiple names.

Haha, end of the late night bus shift.

Interesting! I did notice, sometime last night, that someone had posted a criticism of the OP. One of the words used may have been one of those words that is "sensitive" to certain nationalities.

I suggested they alter the wording of the second phrase from "it makes you look ..." to "you are ..." in a roundabout way, but I was careful not use that word in my post. :D :p :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Tipping is always a hot topic on all the forums - and this includes people from countries where tipping is the "norm" - so how the heck are Aussies (and people from other countries where tipping isn't the "norm") supposed to get it right, when people who are used to it can't even agree! I'm an advocate of a fair days pay for a fair days work.

That thread may be gone and it won't be missed and either will the generalisation made in a sweeping statement by the OP. :(

Actually I thought it ended up beng a bit of fun, though at one stage I couldn't read fast enough to keep up with the posts they were coming pretty thick and fast.