Thoughts on the Breakaway Mighty Ships Episode

Doc2725

I watched Mighty Ships, NCL Breakaway: The Voyage last week, and again last night. Trying to mentally prepare for my cruise on her in June. Anyone that as seen it, what are your thoughts? I thought it was great, and did a great job of talking about the ship's maiden voyage.

I liked it too. I just got off Getaway last week and they play the Mighty Ships shows of Breakaway and Epic over and over on one channel. Both are really good.

My favorite Mighty Ships episode is Oasis of the Seas. But my favorite cruise ship video is the Pearl Money on the high seas (or something like that). That had great behind the scenes stuff.

I have it DVR'd and watch it at least once or twice a week in anticipation of our upcoming BA cruise. My thoughts? I really enjoy seeing the ship and like the behind the scenes look at how they skirted the storm. OTOH, I felt they focussed too much on what was going wrong or what had to be fixed on the ship. It sort of felt like it was giving a negative vibe in that regard. I would have liked it if they would have also given some insight into what WAS working well.

I liked it too. I just got off Getaway last week and they play the Mighty Ships shows of Breakaway and Epic over and over on one channel. Both are really good.

My favorite Mighty Ships episode is Oasis of the Seas. But my favorite cruise ship video is the Pearl Money on the high seas (or something like that). That had great behind the scenes stuff.

Ohhh, I have not seen the episode on the Epic, nor the Oasis of the Seas. More to look forward to, thank you!

If you watch the Mighty Ships program on a regular basis you will see that they most always show the problems and what went wrong and how they got around or fixed it - it just makes for more dramatic television - that's all.

I am sure that these episodes of Mighty Ships are playing on all of the NCL fleet - it is really good PR - Including the one on the Pearl about how money is made on a cruise ship - and how careful the overall planning has to be in order to make a profit.

Big Money on the High Seas. Love it!!!!!!

David, was that the one with Simon Murray? I think I know the show you mean. Very interesting and convinced me that NCL, in spite of the fact that they are in business and need to make a profit, wanted to make sure the customer was satisfied.

I actually DVR the Mighty Ships show. I have both Breakaway episodes and the Epic episode and watch them with regularity. We're sailing on the Getaway this summer and it has been nice to get a feel for the ship. These are a nice way to sail without leaving home.

Edited by Nola26

Breakaway the Voyage is one of my favorite! I DVR the series and have seen most, if not all, of the episodes featuring cruise ships. Recently watched the Epic one as a re-run... Really enjoyed that one too.

I have it DVR'd and watch it at least once or twice a week in anticipation of our upcoming BA cruise. My thoughts? I really enjoy seeing the ship and like the behind the scenes look at how they skirted the storm. OTOH, I felt they focussed too much on what was going wrong or what had to be fixed on the ship. It sort of felt like it was giving a negative vibe in that regard. I would have liked it if they would have also given some insight into what WAS working well.

We were on the crossing, and it went well. So well, that after we found out about the episode, I remember discussing with my wife what the drama on the episode would be - and we assumed it would be the seas, which weren't that bad for me - but I like knowing I'm on a ship.

The best moment of the cruise, which wasn't shown, was during the Q&A, was when someone asked the Captain how much clearance we would have under the Verrazano Bridge, and he said, "I don't know, we've never done it before."

After the laughter stopped (it started after an awkward pause), he said with the tides, we should have plenty of clearance. My wife and I stayed up to watch us sail in, and it was interesting looking at the bottom of the bridge.

If you watch Mighty Ships, the episodes do always have some drama - will they make it? So far, all of them have completed the journey (Spoiler!)