Overnight Hotel Stay Mid Cruise

We are booked on the Miracle in October with an over night stay in Cabo San Lucas. My question is:

Can you stay over night in a hotel and then get back in the boat to continue with the rest of the cruise?

Might to nice to hang out for the night life

Well the Miracle doesn't stay in Cabo overnight. It leaves the port and heads out to sea and then circles back to return to Cabo in the morning. The problem with staying in port overnight is if, for whatever reason, the ship doesn't return then YOU will be responsible to catch back up with the ship in PV. I have never personally seen it, but I have heard that if the waves are too large the second day, then they will not be able to run the tenders, which would essentially leave you "stuck" in Cabo. I have thought of doing this, but never did due to the risk of missing the ship.

If you do decide to take the risk and proceed, I believe you have to tell the ship staff of your intentions. I don't know if anyone has ever proceeded to stay overnight but alot of people have thought about it for the same reasons as yourself.

I wish

You have to back onboard each night since it is a tender port

In case there is a bad storm and they have to leave

You don't HAVE to be back on board the first night. Its just a risk. If for some reason the ship cannot runder the tenders on day 2 you would be stuck in Cabo, but as long as there is nothing preventing the ship from tendering the 2nd day you would be in the clear and could re-board on day 2 even though you stayed on land on day 1. its just a matter of being willing to take that risk.

Personally I think it would be worth the risk. There is such a low risk of the ship not tendering the 2nd day. Be warned though it will NOT be easy or cheap to catch up to the ship in PV if you get left in Cabo. I am honeymooning in Cabo next month and tried to find a way to extend our trip with a few days in PV. There were no direct flights, no type of ferry service between the 2, and really not good options to be honest.

I'm not sure why'd you'd want to spend the extra money, when you have a room (and all your stuff) waiting....

And I don't know why you'd want to sit at a big table of strangers for dinner but you do.

Bottom line, everybody is different .

Bill

I'm not sure why'd you'd want to spend the extra money, when you have a room (and all your stuff) waiting....

My guess would be to partake in the Cabo nightlife. This is the biggest downside to cruising in my opinion. Not enough part stops involve overnights or even late night departures to allow you to enjoy nightlife in certain ports.

My guess would be to partake in the Cabo nightlife. This is the biggest downside to cruising in my opinion. Not enough part stops involve overnights or even late night departures to allow you to enjoy nightlife in certain ports.

So true, but the Miracle does offer several sailings now year round that include an overnight while tied to the pier in Puerto Vallarta. We have booked a hotel or condo for the night on two different sailings of the Miracle this way for just the reasons you suggest. The Romantic Zone is the place to be for nightlife.

OP, it's like two vacations in one in PV. YMMV in Cabo because as others have stated you do take a chance with the ship leaving the harbor for open water at night.

Know people who spent the night in Cabo and rejoined the ship when she docked the next day in La Paz. But that's a different itin.

Miracle's doing this next January.