Laundry Cost?

AFanofTravel

Just under 3 weeks until we cruise on the Jewel. As I am starting my packing lists, I am wondering should I pack for the full 8 days (we are coming into Houston on Friday) or should I avail myself of laundry services?

Have husband and 2 teen boys.

So does anyone know the cost if I were to send out a bag of t-shirts and shorts midweek?

Thanks

Prices for a bag (Special - all you can stuff inside the paper bag) gone up slightly in recent past, latest @ $27.99 - roll them tightly & stuff it in. The special is usually offered mid-cruise on a 7 nights, and you typically get them back clean & folded by end of next day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2170608&highlight=ncl+laundry+bag+cost

When we travel, always take along some Woolite packets and/or laundry sheets, or a bar of soap to do a quick wash (swimming trunks & socks as they dry overnight)

If you don't have a lot of thick bulky items like jeans and sweaters, you will amaze yourself with how much you can fit into the bag if you stuff it carefully. Some folks roll items, other folks fold them - whatever works best for you.

Flat paper bag, about 14" W by 20.5" H (virtually the same as those from our RCI and CCI sailings). Roll & squeeze out air, stuff them in & repeat until it's full.

There should be one inside the stateroom upon embarkation for regular laundry or ask for one from the steward, practice with it - as noted, double bag it first.

Edited by mking8288

Flat paper bag, about 14" W by 20.5" H (virtually the same as those from our RCI and CCI sailings). Roll & squeeze out air, stuff them in & repeat until it's full.

There should be one inside the stateroom upon embarkation for regular laundry or ask for one from the steward, practice with it - as noted, double bag it first.

I also have a roll of packing tape with me that I run a round the bag for extra strenght (more stuffing) and closing the bag.:)

Does anyone know the current cost for unlimited laundry on a 7-day sailing?

There is no such thing as unlimited laundry on NCL. Bag special is described already earlier this thread, $27.99/bag.

Yes, I saw that.

Was hoping there was a daily, one-rate deal for the entire sailing. Apparently not.

Other times is price per piece. I had a pair of ladies slacks laundered and it was about $8. Came back pressed as well I was really happy with how they came back.

• 11 months later...
Is free laundry a suite perk? TIA! :)

ETA: (I'm not platinum.)

It wasn't when I was in a suite in February 2008. I'll be in a suit again in December.

So is this something new, we list things we are not? I'm not red wood. ;)

It wasn't when I was in a suite in February 2008. I'll be in a suit again in December.

So is this something new, we list things we are not? I'm not red wood. ;)

The question was answered already last year in the very next post after the original question.

No, free laundry is not a suite perk with NCL.

Edited by Demonyte

The question was answered already last year in the very next post after the original question.

No, free laundry is not a suite perk with NCL.

So what?

Edited by Cuizer2