Pre-Booking Ultimate Balcony Dinner

lucky cal

I know i need to wait until onboard to schedule the date and time of an Ultimate Balcony Dinner, but I also read that it's actually possible to book it in advance. However, when I go on my Cruise Personalizer, I can't seem to find where to book it. I see the balcony breakfast listed in the gifts and services book, but not the dinner.

Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried searching, but no one has been specific about how the advance booking works.

Thanks.

I know i need to wait until onboard to schedule the date and time of an Ultimate Balcony Dinner, but I also read that it's actually possible to book it in advance. However, when I go on my Cruise Personalizer, I can't seem to find where to book it. I see the balcony breakfast listed in the gifts and services book, but not the dinner.

Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried searching, but no one has been specific about how the advance booking works.

Thanks.

I wouldn't call it booking in advance but you can call Princess to prepay for the UBD. If you want to spread out your cruise costs over severally credit card billing cycles that would be the only benefit to paying in advance. We prepaid once but there was no advantage vs. boarding the ship and calling room service to reserve a date & time.

Room service surpervisors have told me that it's rare for all time slots to be booked & we prefer to enjoy our UBDs during an evening in port or during sailaway in hopes of having the best weather possible. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I called the Princess line and was able to pre pay for the UBD. Customer service stated that we will have to book the date and time when we get on the ship.

I made a reservation by calling Princess. Most wonderful experience on our med cruise. Enjoy!!!

Obviously some agents know how to make a reservation and some do not.

Is it still $100 ($50 pp)?

Yes...$50 per couple more than the Crown Grill & you get nearly $100 in extra things (cocktails, photo, flowers, half bottle of champagne which we exchange for a $32 full bottle of wine & specialty coffee drinks).

Yes...$50 per couple more than the Crown Grill & you get nearly $100 in extra things (cocktails, photo, flowers, half bottle of champagne which we exchange for a $32 full bottle of wine & specialty coffee drinks).

Thanks! Yeah we did it on our (very belated) honeymoon cruise and DH wanted to do it again as he thought it was the best dinner we had on board. We too swapped the champagne for wine, but in part because we already had a bottle in our cabin and aren't big champagne drinkers. Couldn't remember if the photo was from that or the gift his work sent us (anniversary package with flowers, champagne, chocolates) thought. Just wasn't sure I had read somewhere that the price went up or not.

Thanks! Yeah we did it on our (very belated) honeymoon cruise and DH wanted to do it again as he thought it was the best dinner we had on board. We too swapped the champagne for wine, but in part because we already had a bottle in our cabin and aren't big champagne drinkers. Couldn't remember if the photo was from that or the gift his work sent us (anniversary package with flowers, champagne, chocolates) thought. Just wasn't sure I had read somewhere that the price went up or not.

The flowers we have received varied from a couple of long stem red roses to a nice floral bouquet. Our last UBD was in October 2013 on the Royal Princess in Barcelona & the price was still $100. As I recall it was the same price on a recent cruise however being in an inside cabin it was not an option for us. :(

We've enjoyed the UBD three times. Every time was great. I prepaid once and waited to pay for the other two times after we were on board in order to use up some of our credit. All three times we received a nice arrangement of flowers.