Ketchikan seaplane

#1cruisecoach

If you do not get positive results from your inquiry, I would like to recommend a service that provided me with one of the most wonderful excursions I have ever been on.

It is Island Wings Air Service in Ketchikan. Owner Michelle took us up in her float plane in the Misty Fjords and landed at a dock in the middle where there was not one outside sound. We stayed there for about 20 mins. and resumed our flight. It was wonderful.

When we started out, it was a little foggy and she told us that if we wanted to cancel if was up to us because visibility would not be at its best for viewing. She told us the weather was due to clear and we decided to go ahead and we were glad we did.:D

Good luck!

Our family of five (ages 54-19) used Seawind Aviation for a Misty Fjords excusion while in Ketchikan. It was an incredible day for all of us. I second guessed myself numerous times about the cost, and I have never regretted it after our experience. It was a pleasure booking with this family run business from the second I contacted them. Our daughters still talk about that day. It was an awesome experience. Hope you enjoy your day as much as we did.

It's certainly well-reviewed on trip advisor. Read thru the reviews to get a sense of the good and the bad.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g31030-Activities-c42-t222-Ketchikan_Alaska.html#TtD

As you look at vendors, look at the size of the aircraft, length of tour, availability of window seating, the routing, do they land so that you can get out to enjoy the surroundings for a bit, cancellation policy,

WE have also gone with island Wings- wonderful trip. And are booked again with them in August. Very accommodating (they are going to drop us off at the Totem museum on the way back from seeing bears) and great flights.

• 11 months later...