Drink Package

karena1

Having a hard time with the search feature.

If I understand it correctly and we book this promotion where we get the free bev pkg, it will work at the private island. Drinks/beer etc up to $11. Does anyone have a list of what is included in the package

Have never cruised NCL but am considering it b/c with the price and the pkg it is less than Royal for the same weekend.

Does anyone have a list of what is included in the package

You answered your own question.

Drinks/beer etc up to $11.

You will have a hard time finding anything over $11. There are a handful of wines that go over $11/glass, and a couple of ultra premium top shelf liquors that go over $11.

Drink specials of the day are included but the souvenir cups they come in are not.

Just off the Norwegian Jewel last week. You have to be careful at the specialty restaurants, when ordering drinks with your meal. We ate at Le Bistro (French Restaurant) and we each ordered a $7 glass of champagne, because of a card recommending it on our table. On all the drinks ordered previously on our cruise, they charged for them on the slip you signed, then it was zeroed out later. We had our bill printed out each day to check it, since we had free specialty dining and free drinks. A charge showed up and we questioned the $7charge for each of us. We asked why a $7 charge - when you can get a drink up to $11. We were told that some restaurants had a special drink that was not included in the UDP. It is down in the fine print! We told the manager the waitress didn't tell us there would be a charge. So it was removed from our accounts. After that we asked before ordering a drink at meals.

Just booked a cruise and chose the Beverage Package too. Quite the bargain. This is directly off their website. I like that they have blackout dates for the spring breakers. It could get pretty wild with the college kids.

The Ultimate Beverage Package Terms & Conditions

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $11 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

A 18% gratuity will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Also not available for guests under the age of 25 years old on domestic itineraries during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15, applies to sailings that includes these dates. Blackout dates do not apply to Norwegian Jade or Norwegian Spirit for 2015 itineraries

Great. Nice that soda is included, I will just pack some bottled water to take with me on the cruise.

It was such a great deal we figured for a 3 night cruise it is worth a try to do NCL. Hard to pass up when they throw in the drink package. I always buy it on Royal anyway, so this was only slightly more than Royal for the same weekend and included the package for both of us, so decided it was finally time to try NCL.

We always sit at CocoCay wondering what Great Stirrup Cay is like since we can see it from cocoCay, so now we will find out!

Looking forward to it.

A charge showed up and we questioned the $7charge for each of us. We asked why a $7 charge - when you can get a drink up to $11. We were told that some restaurants had a special drink that was not included in the UDP. It is down in the fine print! We told the manager the waitress didn't tell us there would be a charge.
Yes, they should tell you. Although if you know the wine list, champagne is not normally available by the glass, and prosecco (typically much cheaper than champagne) is offered for $9.75 a glass. So it would have been clear to a lot of people that the $7 champagne was a special promotion. Like I said, the server should have warned you, but in their defense, by that point in the meal, they probably had not yet seen your keycards with the UBP sticker, right? That is the sort of situation where you have to be a little proactive, too, and ask questions yourself.
Does anyone know what type of drinks the T&C are referring to with "ship specific promotions"?
The sort of situation just described. Also, beer buckets, reduced price drinks of the day, happy hour specials (if these still exist anywhere), tables with weird shots/cocktails sponsored by some alcohol brand at the white hot/glow stick/super duper night club party, etc.

In some cases, you can still order the drink, but they ring it up at the regular menu price, not the discounted promotional price. As long as it's under $11, you're fine. That's how it works (or is supposed to work) for the drinks of the day, for example.

What does this exclude? "select Lavazza coffee beverages" Is this anything other than the free stuff in the buffet etc?
Anything that comes out of the espresso machine at the coffee bar, or if you order an espresso drink during/after a meal. Brewed coffee in the buffet, MDR, Blue Lagoon, etc. is free. And some specialty restaurants serve French press coffee (no additional charge, this is included in the specialty dining cover charge).

Put another way, any (non-alcoholic) coffee drink that you normally have to pay for, you still have to pay for with the UBP.

Anything that comes out of the espresso machine at the coffee bar, or if you order an espresso drink during/after a meal. Brewed coffee in the buffet, MDR, Blue Lagoon, etc. is free. And some specialty restaurants serve French press coffee (no additional charge, this is included in the specialty dining cover charge).

Put another way, any (non-alcoholic) coffee drink that you normally have to pay for, you still have to pay for with the UBP.

Do they serve coffee at the bars/pubs?

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

According to the T&C, are cocktails not included in the UDP? Even if they are less than $11?

According to the T&C, are cocktails not included in the UDP? Even if they are less than $11?

Reading that correctly with the commas, it is clearly a LIST of those things not included "over $11". So the list means that a cocktail OVER $11 will not be included. It caught me too, until I paid attention to the punctuation. Hope that helps. :)

I understand why you're confused with the wording, but I can confirm cocktails $11 and under are absolutely included :D:D:D

Reading that correctly with the commas' date=' it is clearly a LIST of those things not included "over $11". So the list means that a cocktail OVER $11 will not be included. It caught me too, until I paid attention to the punctuation. Hope that helps. :)

[/size']

I understand why you're confused with the wording, but I can confirm cocktails $11 and under are absolutely included :D:D:D

Phew! That's a relief. Thank you for the responses.

I've been thinking about purchasing the UBP too..BUT... Just did Royal Caribbean's Ultimate Package drink plan…$55/Day and EVERYTHING was included…EVERYTHING… Red Bulls, Starbucks Coffee, fresh squeezed juices, bottled water…. Just about everything that is an EXCLUSION with NCL is an INCLUSION with RCCL package and it was the same price and it was WORTH IT! Spent time enjoying the package instead of worrying about exclusions...:confused:

Hmmmm….

Just off the Norwegian Jewel last week. You have to be careful at the specialty restaurants, when ordering drinks with your meal. We ate at Le Bistro (French Restaurant) and we each ordered a $7 glass of champagne, because of a card recommending it on our table. On all the drinks ordered previously on our cruise, they charged for them on the slip you signed, then it was zeroed out later. We had our bill printed out each day to check it, since we had free specialty dining and free drinks. A charge showed up and we questioned the $7charge for each of us. We asked why a $7 charge - when you can get a drink up to $11. We were told that some restaurants had a special drink that was not included in the UDP. It is down in the fine print! We told the manager the waitress didn't tell us there would be a charge. So it was removed from our accounts. After that we asked before ordering a drink at meals.

In no way would I think a $7.00 drink, promotion or not, WOULDN'T be included in your drink package.