Recent Suite cruisers - leatherette card holder?

Iamthesea

The tote bags make awesome reusable grocery bags! :D

But don't put any fragile items in them as the handles tend to break. Oh, they don't make 'leather' handles like they used to! :rolleyes:

We were surprised to receive an unusual box of chocolates on the last formal night. Even the magnetic box was cool. Here are couple of pictures for those who haven't seen them. Sorry, a few are missing :). They were delicious!

Thanks for posting the photos of the colorful little suite chocs. We received those on Constellation in December, I think the first formal night. Seems like they were labeled "truffles" and we gobbled them up very quickly.

I liked the magnetic box, too, and plan to recycle it as an earring holder for our April cruise.

Could someone please post a Picture of those "Leatherette Card Holders" ???

Here is a photo of it on my leather ottoman. This is an older "wallet" pouch that I never used. I believe it is real leather. Smells that way! Another older pouch is very soft, pliable and smells like leather.

The newer pouches are smoother looking and look vinyl.

Post #55 on this thread. The pictures won't copy. You have to go to the post.

Edited by chamima

:confused: chamima - I am not sure what you mean the pictures will not copy?

The tote bags make awesome reusable grocery bags! :D

I reuse those until the handles break.

I have a collection of both the leather handles and the cloth bags. The older cloth bags have held up great. I use them to transfer groceries, etc. when we travel to the beach each summer. In the car, they don't take up as much room as a box or other container would. I can slip them in and around our luggage, beach chairs, etc.

Now, the bag that I received in my stateroom last month lasted one day before the handle tore off. :rolleyes: I did not use it on the cruise, but did put some of my souvenirs in it to fly back home. The bag was torn before the second leg of our flight.

Are we talking about a leatherette (i.e., fake) leather holder for you cruise card? Seems a bit of a tempest in a tea pot over a fake leather card holder worth maybe a dollar. However, as I have never cruised in a suite, I may be wrong as to what this thing is in which case I apologize.

DON

Don,

On board in June 2014 received two with a lanyard for each. Ours I am sure are leatherette and served us well. We were in a Royal Suite. Maybe that is why we received the lanyard. Who Knows. We still have ours an am taking them with us on our June 2015 cruise to Bermuda.

Gary

:confused: chamima - I am not sure what you mean the pictures will not copy?

I have a collection of both the leather handles and the cloth bags. The older cloth bags have held up great. I use them to transfer groceries, etc. when we travel to the beach each summer. In the car, they don't take up as much room as a box or other container would. I can slip them in and around our luggage, beach chairs, etc.

Now, the bag that I received in my stateroom last month lasted one day before the handle tore off. :rolleyes: I did not use it on the cruise, but did put some of my souvenirs in it to fly back home. The bag was torn before the second leg of our flight.

When I quoted post #55 (which had two pictures of the leatherette or leather cases attached) the pictures didn't appear in the quote.

I was telling Abernhar to go to the post itself to see the pictures.

Oh, LOL. ;) I completely missed the post from Abernhar! I thought you were relying to Oxo, who first asked for a photo. :confused:

I was also confused because I was the one that posted those photos and can see them in post #55. :D

Here is the post link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45938871&postcount=55

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=343268&d=1426440679

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks for posting the photos of the colorful little suite chocs. We received those on Constellation in December, I think the first formal night. Seems like they were labeled "truffles" and we gobbled them up very quickly.

I liked the magnetic box, too, and plan to recycle it as an earring holder for our April cruise.

Great idea!! The earrings will probably smell good too!