Recent Suite cruisers - leatherette card holder?

Iamthesea

So you're allowed to take those home with you?!? I used it to hold the cards that my butler and the steward left but then left it on the nightstand when we were packing. These days, it's so hard to know when something is a freebie and when they'll charge you usurious rates for taking it!

Definitely yes. We have about 30 of them here at home. Not sure what to do with them

We toss ours into our cruise luggage, so we have each have one, even when we're not in a suite. ;) Love the dual pockets -- use the extra one for photo ID, when we go onshore. It also nicely holds a couple of folded bills for tips. I think they also help protect my card from being de-magnatized by the clasps in my various evening bags. Definitely, one of the more useful "amenities" we've ever been given. :cool:

We always get them, never use them, always leave them. I just take my card, not my card and a holder. I know it might sound like a silly question, but what is the purpose of them? Why do the cards need a holder?

We always get them, never use them, always leave them. I just take my card, not my card and a holder. I know it might sound like a silly question, but what is the purpose of them? Why do the cards need a holder?
I'm with you, I don't use them, as it is just as easy to take the card sans the holder. Now, maybe if it was all blinged out, I might consider using it.

For the same reasons mentioned below.

My DH does not like to carry his card in his pocket, so I am the card keeper. :D I also keep both cards, plus ID (if needed) and small bills in mine. I keep the holder in my PacSafe. The card holders are easy to locate inside the purse.

We toss ours into our cruise luggage, so we have each have one, even when we're not in a suite. ;) Love the dual pockets -- use the extra one for photo ID, when we go onshore. It also nicely holds a couple of folded bills for tips. I think they also help protect my card from being de-magnatized by the clasps in my various evening bags. Definitely, one of the more useful "amenities" we've ever been given. :cool:

They are perfect for your card, ID, cash, and CC when going ashore or to slip into your pocket/bag. Love them and they are great!!

I cannot reply about the suites but we they usually give them in CC and AQ and I say usually because on our last cruise we had to ask. Three days into our cruise we asked about them and the attendant acted as we were asking for something that was never provided. Two night later we received 4 of them. it was a 14 night cruise so we did use them when going ashore. I leave a few in our luggage from the previous cruises and when comparing the new ones are thinner and appear to be made out of a cheaper vinyl.

When we received four we figured that some one got cheated or the attendant just holds back and only gives them to their friends and etc.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Yes, they are great on the cruise, just don't know what to do with all of them we have collected over the years:)

We seem to always get one card holder....the second appears after I point out that there are two of us in the cabin.

The holders are convenient to hold the room card as well as the captain's club coupons I might want to use. I use them for business cards at home....

We received one on our February Silhouette cruise, but we weren't in a suite. We were in Concierge Class, so I don't know if we were given it because of being in CC or because we are Elite in the Captain's Club. As others stated above, we were given only one for the room. Hubby grabbed it for his use, but I don't know what he did with it.

Maybe I'll tell him it is my turn to grab it on Eclipse---assuming we are given one this time around.

You give your credit cards to your kids and grandkids? :D

LOL, I didn't word that very well. I don't give them the credit cards but they frequently manage to get me to use them for something they might like.:)

We seem to always get one card holder....the second appears after I point out that there are two of us in the cabin.

The holders are convenient to hold the room card as well as the captain's club coupons I might want to use. I use them for business cards at home....

Forgot about using the holders for the coupons. ;)

We have 3 to a cabin in two weeks. I'll see if we can get more than one. I may go ahead and take one from home, just in case.

We had one in our Aqua cabin on the Reflection last week. We also had one in our Aqua cabin on the Eclipse last year. We didn't keep them either time because we weren't sure whether we were supposed to!

Edited by gryffin123

Yes, on Eclipse in November. However, we have only ever received ONE holder for TWO guests on Celebrity ships [sure we had two on Azamara] unless we have asked for a second one so I always travel with ones from previous cruises. One relatively cheap card hold seems ridiculous to me!