Recent Suite cruisers - leatherette card holder?

Iamthesea

On just-completed 14 night cruise on Eclipse had chocolate-covered cookies on one night about 4th or 5th night turndown in A1.

The same on the 11 night Equinox. So, you and I will get 2 the next time we cruise on X. 2 ????

We were on cruises for all of February (with terrible internet access) so I didn't read CC at all. Where can I find this letter?

(Google didn't work, I tried)

You should have gotten an email with the letter.

Happy New Year! I am delighted to write to you as the new President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

As many of you know, I spent seven years with Celebrity as we built and launched the industry-changing and stunning Solstice Class ships. Watching them come to life was a real highlight of my career and being back with Celebrity is very exciting, especially as I look to the future of our brand. We have the best loyalty program in the industry with Captains Club members from all over the world, who, like you, know that the guest experience on a Celebrity ship is like no other! With our recent announcement of "Project Edge," we are excited to be designing and building our next class of ships, with the first launching in 2018. Edge will help us continue the tradition of our industry-leading offerings of modern luxury ships, with award-winning service and cuisine.

Furthermore, as part of our continued investment we are welcoming the revitalised Celebrity Eclipse back to the UK in May. For those of you already booked on our special Taste of Modern Luxury two-night sailing , there will be an opportunity to meet you face to face as I will be onboard hosting a Captain's Club cocktail reception with Jo Rzymowska, UK and Ireland Managing Director.

Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognise and celebrate this. We make sure that you are at the centre of what we do to ensure you have a holiday that provides you and your loved ones with memories that last a lifetime. To show how much we appreciate your feedback, I am very happy to announce that I will be reintroducing chocolates on your pillow at turndown, which will be rolled out across our fleet during the month of April. Plus, as a valuable Captains Club member, we hope you take advantage of our greatest offer yet, 123Go! - the best value when booking your next modern luxury cruise.

We realise that when it comes to a holiday, you have many choices, and we are very grateful that Celebrity Cruises is your choice!

Looking forward to having you back on board in the very near future.

All my very best,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises

You should have gotten an email with the letter.

Happy New Year! I am delighted to write to you as the new President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

As many of you know, I spent seven years with Celebrity as we built and launched the industry-changing and stunning Solstice Class ships. Watching them come to life was a real highlight of my career and being back with Celebrity is very exciting, especially as I look to the future of our brand. We have the best loyalty program in the industry with Captains Club members from all over the world, who, like you, know that the guest experience on a Celebrity ship is like no other! With our recent announcement of "Project Edge," we are excited to be designing and building our next class of ships, with the first launching in 2018. Edge will help us continue the tradition of our industry-leading offerings of modern luxury ships, with award-winning service and cuisine.

Furthermore, as part of our continued investment we are welcoming the revitalised Celebrity Eclipse back to the UK in May. For those of you already booked on our special Taste of Modern Luxury two-night sailing , there will be an opportunity to meet you face to face as I will be onboard hosting a Captain's Club cocktail reception with Jo Rzymowska, UK and Ireland Managing Director.

Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognise and celebrate this. We make sure that you are at the centre of what we do to ensure you have a holiday that provides you and your loved ones with memories that last a lifetime. To show how much we appreciate your feedback, I am very happy to announce that I will be reintroducing chocolates on your pillow at turndown, which will be rolled out across our fleet during the month of April. Plus, as a valuable Captains Club member, we hope you take advantage of our greatest offer yet, 123Go! - the best value when booking your next modern luxury cruise.

We realise that when it comes to a holiday, you have many choices, and we are very grateful that Celebrity Cruises is your choice!

Looking forward to having you back on board in the very near future.

All my very best,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises

Thanks.

Never got it but that doesn't surprise me.

In the last 2 weeks since we've been home I must have gotten 10 "book your excursion" and "book your specialty dining" emails for our "upcoming " cruise.

Since we don't have anything booked until 2016 I clicked on the links to see what they were talking about.

ALL of the links referred to the two sailings we've just completed.

The emails were sent in March 2015 for cruises in February 2015.

I also think I got one "thanks for booking" our "upcoming" February 2015 cruise.

My 2 year old granddaughter might run a more efficient IT dept. :p

Sure seems like real leather.

Does anyone have a picture of this? Must see it to appreciate it.

Here is a photo of it on my leather ottoman. This is an older "wallet" pouch that I never used. I believe it is real leather. Smells that way! Another older pouch is very soft, pliable and smells like leather.

The newer pouches are smoother looking and look vinyl.

IMG_5118.jpg.baf9c7ecb7034ee7cad1b7375dea087e.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg.2957e16744fe7926ca367945f6826828.jpg

Here is a photo of it on my leather ottoman. This is an older "wallet" pouch that I never used. I believe it is real leather. Smells that way! Another older pouch is very soft, pliable and smells like leather.

the few that we have are def leather.

I asked my DH to look at it again this morning and he confirmed that it is leather.

The smell of leather. It can't be denied. :)

We love them and use them on every cruise we go on.

Thanks! Still the same.

Are these card holders still being given to Suite occupants? Recent experience only, please.

Are we talking about a leatherette (i.e., fake) leather holder for you cruise card? Seems a bit of a tempest in a tea pot over a fake leather card holder worth maybe a dollar. However, as I have never cruised in a suite, I may be wrong as to what this thing is in which case I apologize.

DON

April? I guess it takes time to make chocolates.

In the meantime, here is a strategy. Take the Oreo they give you on the pillow during your cruise. Eat one side of the chocolate cookie one night, the filling the next, and then the other half the next. Sounds good?

April? I guess it takes time to make chocolates.

I'm guessing, by the amount of ships and if the wrapper is customized, it does take time for the candy maker to produce the wrappers and that much chocolate, then add to that distribution to the ships and that is probably why it will take two months, but I'm sure others will think that they are just trying to save the money they would have spent on the chocolate for 2 months, to be the reason.

I was hoping that the chocolates would be on my upcoming cruise at the end of the month. :( I save them, bring them home, and put them in my freezer. It's a nice treat every once in a while and it they remind me of the cruise.

The Oreo cookies were not very good. I made much better for Christmas gifts this past season.

Are we talking about a leatherette (i.e., fake) leather holder for you cruise card? Seems a bit of a tempest in a tea pot over a fake leather card holder worth maybe a dollar. However, as I have never cruised in a suite, I may be wrong as to what this thing is in which case I apologize.

DON

:confused:

Yes, as of last week

:D

Edited by Iamthesea

I'm guessing, by the amount of ships and if the wrapper is customized, it does take time for the candy maker to produce the wrappers and that much chocolate, then add to that distribution to the ships and that is probably why it will take two months, but I'm sure others will think that they are just trying to save the money they would have spent on the chocolate for 2 months, to be the reason.

Did they change suppliers? Maybe, they wrap them on each ship to save money? Excuses, excuses never fly. LOL They only sink.

I was hoping that the chocolates would be on my upcoming cruise at the end of the month. :( I save them, bring them home, and put them in my freezer. It's a nice treat every once in a while and it they remind me of the cruise.

The Oreo cookies were not very good. I made much better for Christmas gifts this past season.

:confused:

:D

Ha! I know! I didn't use mine.k brought it home and put it with others from past cruises. Not sure what I think I'm going to do with those, and the dozen tote bags!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow..I did not receive that email from the Prez. So glad it was shared. The emails I get are about the 123 and bookings and specialty reservations on a cruise I already finished. Nothing about the three more this year or two the next.

I never used this leatherette or noticed it, but will pay attention in the next cruise.

The chocolates for suite guests Improved when they discontinued the nightly service. I wonder if suites will go back to nightly, rather than the extra special box they (we) received.

For the briefest second I was startled by that "torch" reference :eek: until I noticed you are from the UK.

Of course, that instantly explained it. :o :D

Torch is actually a word for a flashlight but very few in the U.S. use that term. Geeks that are into making the brightest beam of light from various sources use the term torch. Went to a Maker's Fair and there was a whole tent area set up with amateur inventors exhibiting torches with unbeilable candle powers. The amazing part was that they make them using discarded and salvaged parts.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The chocolates for suite guests Improved when they discontinued the nightly service. I wonder if suites will go back to nightly, rather than the extra special box they (we) received.

Now you got my attention! :) Last year in a Suite, we had chocolates every night. A little nicer than the standard chocolates. I didn't know about a box of chocolates. Is it one per Suite or per person? My daughters and I may fight over it. :D

Wow..I did not receive that email from the Prez. So glad it was shared. The emails I get are about the 123 and bookings and specialty reservations on a cruise I already finished. Nothing about the three more this year or two the next.

I never used this leatherette or noticed it, but will pay attention in the next cruise.

I hadn't heard about the box of chocolates for Suites. We didn't receive any oreos in our CS for several nights a few weeks ago on the Reflection (we were not worried about it - we always seemed too stuffed to eat another bite). We were surprised to receive an unusual box of chocolates on the last formal night. Even the magnetic box was cool. Here are couple of pictures for those who haven't seen them. Sorry, a few are missing :). They were delicious!

1989244927_chocolate1.jpg.4b6a45887d62146f3ded8a5bd8b09134.jpg

1956627172_choclate2.jpg.17343cf8c288d79fe9ea1e4438ed32ab.jpg

I particularly did not care for the quality of the chocolates but it was a nice gesture. I thought they were better quality a few years ago. When I was going thru my carry on packing for our recent cruise, I found chocolates from my previous cruise. I left them at home. I should have brought them and put them on our pillows on Reflection.

I have the Oreo's here in front of me. I like the nice packaging.

Ha! I know! I didn't use mine.k brought it home and put it with others from past cruises. Not sure what I think I'm going to do with those, and the dozen tote bags!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The tote bags make awesome reusable grocery bags! :D