OBC from TA?

cage keeper

When should the OBC from the TA show up on my NCL account? Or will it? I got OBC from NCL and another 75 from Priceline. My account does not show the extra 75 and we sail in 10 days. Should I be calling them or just relax and know they will take care of this?

On board credit from. TA will never show up on NCL's web site unless it is coming from Groups. Then with NCL I have seen times like my last Jewel cruise that it never showed till I got on board. Other ship board credit from a TA also will not show because it is like a gift and you will not see that till you arrive on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have always gotten a card in our cabin saying that we got a gift of OBC from the TA and the amount. Take a copy of your documentation showing each of the expected OBCs with you. That has saved my butt more than once. Check your account on the evening of the 2nd day to make sure all your OBCs are there. If not, guest services will need to copy your documentation and send it to Miami to verify. The last time it took 3 days.

Edited by pizzalady1

It really depends where the OBC came from. Sometimes the TA buys it directly from the cruise line at full face value - in that case it's not going to show up on any NCL invoice any more than a bottle of wine or chocolate covered strawberries will show up.

When should the OBC from the TA show up on my NCL account? Or will it? I got OBC from NCL and another 75 from Priceline. My account does not show the extra 75 and we sail in 10 days. Should I be calling them or just relax and know they will take care of this?

Just ask your Travel Agent to obtain an "Amenity Confirmation" for you from Norwegian. It will list everything you have coming including OBC from NCL and your TA. It will also tell you if it is Refundable or Non-Refundable OBC. Take the Amenity Confirmation with you just in case there is any discrepancy on the ship. (I have never had any but better safe than sorry.)

Edit to add: You must be past final payment for most TA's to have purchased your OBC but it should also be on your invoice from the TA.

Edited by peg013

We usually have OBC from our TA and it shows if you click in your Vacation Summary under "print booked items."

However, if it is a group OBC (you won't probably know this but the TA will) it won't show there but will appear on your onboard account by the 2nd day of the cruise.

If your OBC is not showing in your ncl account page, I would call the TA and make sure it's been sent over to NCL. If they tell you yes, then just wait and see. Our OBC always shows up.

You can bring the TA receipt with you that shows OBC, but if the OBC is not from NCL there is nothing they will do; you have to take it up with the TA.

Edited by mizlorinj

Just ask your Travel Agent to obtain an "Amenity Confirmation" for you from Norwegian. It will list everything you have coming including OBC from NCL and your TA. It will also tell you if it is Refundable or Non-Refundable OBC. Take the Amenity Confirmation with you just in case there is any discrepancy on the ship. (I have never had any but better safe than sorry.)

Edit to add: You must be past final payment for most TA's to have purchased your OBC but it should also be on your invoice from the TA.

In my experience TAs purchase OBC many times just couple of days before the cruise, that is at least two months after the final payment date.

Here's the problem with that - if the TA does get that amenity confirmation for you, it will show ALL amenities on the booking. So, let's say it was a special celebration cruise and a number of people bought you an OBC or liquor or photos or whatever - the surprise would be ruined.

Again, if the TA bought the OBC for you - which frequently happens - it will NOT show up on your NCL invoice. The only way it would be on an invoice from your TA is if the TA manually added it to an invoice that he/she manually created, i.e. not one generated by NCL.

I don't believe that is true that they won't do anything if OBC from TA is missing unless Norwegian functions very differently from Celebrity. We were missing OBC from TA on our last cruise and we told Customer Relations. They took care of everything and it was on our account the next day. We were amazed and thankful because we were trying to figure out the cheapest and easiest way to get ahold of the TA. They took care of everything. Just be sure to take your original documentation where it states it in print. We didn't even need this but it was our next move if it wasn't taken care of. By the way I won't be using that TA again. I think she deliberately tried to short us.