Reflection Luminae pictures

gkm

I like the Luminae décor on the Reflection better than the Silhouette.

I agree. But what I really find interesting is that the decor would vary on the S-class ships. BLU has a standard decor, why would it be different for Luminae?

It's actually twice that big. There is another side of dining room past the mirrored wall in the video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you greensuz for your pictures and video. Also am very glad to hear it is bigger than what is in the video. Was wondering how they were going to squeeze us all in.

Gary

Can someone please tell me WHERE on the ship Luninae is located ? I am on the Solstice in April (Royal Suite) Honolulu to Vancouver, and I am curious as to where the restaurant is located ??? Thank you...

Edited by naperguy12

The Silhouette does not have new chairs or carpeting yet in the Twitter picture that was posted on this thread. That is why it looks different.

I think you have it reversed. The pictures on Reflection have the old chairs, from the MDR, the Silhouette pictures look like the chairs are the new chairs.

I personally liked the music, it was hip and modern, like being in a trendy restaurant. I hear W instead of 4S.

The comment about Luminae being more "elegant" than Murano is likely a language issue. We've heard (on these boards) a few times that Luminae is attempting to be more upscale than Murano which in my opninoin has upscale service with good food, but not great which makes for a great experience, but doesn't rival great land based restaurants. "Elegant" seems more subjective while "upscale" maybe doesn't. I hope Luminae can rival great land based restaurants. It will keep us sailing on Celebrity.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Nope. Don't have it reveresed. As seen in the photos on this thread...see first set of pics, Reflection has been fully fitted with chairs and carpet (and looks beautiful). The Twitter pic that was posted further in the thread ahowing Sil looks to show MDR chairs and carpet.

Music is a subjective thing, so to each his/her own. I do feel that the music playing in the background is not something I would like to hear while dining. My feeling is it should be instrumental only, but again, just my opinion.

Can't wait to see Reflection in-person in January!

I think you have it reversed. The pictures on Reflection have the old chairs, from the MDR, the Silhouette pictures look like the chairs are the new chairs.

I personally liked the music, it was hip and modern, like being in a trendy restaurant. I hear W instead of 4S.

The comment about Luminae being more "elegant" than Murano is likely a language issue. We've heard (on these boards) a few times that Luminae is attempting to be more upscale than Murano which in my opninoin has upscale service with good food, but not great which makes for a great experience, but doesn't rival great land based restaurants. "Elegant" seems more subjective while "upscale" maybe doesn't. I hope Luminae can rival great land based restaurants. It will keep us sailing on Celebrity.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Luminae is taking chefs from Murano. I agree that Murano is elegant but food wise more show than great food. That flaming lobster preparation being a perfect example.

Luminae will have the largest food budget of any Celebrity restaurant according to a conversation I had with a Celebrity VP . Hopefully, unlike Blu they will have the talent to actually successfully pull it off.

Luminae is taking chefs from Murano. I agree that Murano is elegant but food wise more show than great food. That flaming lobster preparation being a perfect example.

Luminae will have the largest food budget of any Celebrity restaurant according to a conversation I had with a Celebrity VP . Hopefully, unlike Blu they will have the talent to actually successfully pull it off.

We order "plain broiled lobster" when we get it and never the sauce after the first time, but we're from Maine, lobster is more BBQ food than special, heck, it's cheaper then burger and one of the few items that is cheaper at local supplier than Walmart :D

We board on April 4, opening day for Summit and are pretty excited!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Agreed! I will again state "less is more" unless you have the skills to create an intricate dish. Use a quality product and you don't need to do much more. Example: If you are going to use truffles, make that the highlight of the dish. You don't need 20 other ingredients and sauces as well.The lobster tableside was a perfect example! Once done, it doesn't even taste like lobster anymore. I am looking forward to what's to come in SDR.

Can someone please tell me WHERE on the ship Luninae is located ? I am on the Solstice in April (Royal Suite) Honolulu to Vancouver, and I am curious as to where the restaurant is located ??? Thank you...

It is located on Deck 3, Starboard side of the MDR area (or to the left if you are standing in the foyer in front of the MDR.)