Reflection Luminae pictures

gkm

I just found this video I made at breakfast the last morning. I made it to capture the morning music, which I really liked, but you can't hear it that well here. It is a good view around the restaurant, though.https://vimeo.com/122317453

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greensuz thanks for the first look at Luminae in action the setting looks perfect for an amazing culinary experience :). Can't wait to see reviews of the new menus when they're out. (or better still trying them in person come July:D)

One question though were you in Luminae for a formal night and did people dress up?

Sent from my NGM EXPLORER using Forums mobile app

Come to think of it, I don't know what the dress code for Luminae is on formal night. Is it supposed to be smart casual every night, like the specialty restaurants? I never thought to ask, since we played it safe and went to the buffet the second formal night.

Come to think of it, I don't know what the dress code for Luminae is on formal night. Is it supposed to be smart casual every night, like the specialty restaurants? I never thought to ask, since we played it safe and went to the buffet the second formal night.

Thanks so much for your posts and pics. Looks gorgeous. Like you, we are not taking formalwear on our upcoming Eastern Med cruise (spending time in Italy before and England after and can only fit so many clothes in our checked bags, plus after a number of cruises, we are just kinda done dragging suits and fancy wear when traveling). I assume Luminae is smart casual all nights, but if not, we likely will be eating dinner at the buffet, a specialty restaurant, and/or on our balcony on the two formal nights. I am still shaking my head at that comment you received.

Luminae is open on Reflection and serving the MDR menu. :)

I see. Thanks. I'd hope that the menu is more substantial than the MDR. That's what we liked about Cunard's Grills. You had the "standard MDR" menu & a very substantial Al a Carte menu as well. If that didn't work, you could order "off" menu. It sometimes took a day for rather unique items, but you could order pretty much what you wanted. Knowing Celebrity, I think it will tend that way as well.

I just found this video I made at breakfast the last morning. I made it to capture the morning music, which I really liked, but you can't hear it that well here.

Thank you so much for posting this video! I could hear the music just fine and agree with you - I really like it! The room is gorgeous.

I just found this video I made at breakfast the last morning. I made it to capture the morning music, which I really liked, but you can't hear it that well here. It is a good view around the restaurant, though.https://vimeo.com/122317453

Thank you very much for posting the video!

Looking forward to it.

I hope they can manage the reservations so that Suite guests can eat dinner in the 7:30-8:00 time frame comfortably and without a wait...

I know it wasn't rolling at maximum capacity last week, but we had absolutely no problem with 7-7:30 reservations. We made them as we were leaving for the following night. I didn't talk to the maitre d' much, but Mirijana, the hostess, is fabulous, friendly, and super-organized. She will keep everything running smoothly, I think.

I know it wasn't rolling at maximum capacity last week, but we had absolutely no problem with 7-7:30 reservations. We made them as we were leaving for the following night. I didn't talk to the maitre d' much, but Mirijana, the hostess, is fabulous, friendly, and super-organized. She will keep everything running smoothly, I think.

How nice to see Mirijana got a promotion, well deserved! She is just as you described, we really liked her.

Edited by C-Dragons

I'm just off Silhouette and Luminea was there. I was told the new furnishings were not yet in and the galley was under construction. The two most interesting things I was told were....

Luminea will be more elegant and upscale than even Murano with a charge for guests of somewhere around $100 and...

because there will be such an elegant suite restaurant, Blu will have an upgrade so Aqua Class passengers won't feel shortchanged.

We had Aqua Class and found Blu to be very nice and the food delicious with great service. We made on onboard future reservation but this one will be in a suite so we can eat in Luminea.

I'm just off Silhouette and Luminea was there. I was told the new furnishings were not yet in and the galley was under construction. The two most interesting things I was told were....

Luminea will be more elegant and upscale than even Murano with a charge for guests of somewhere around $100 and...

because there will be such an elegant suite restaurant, Blu will have an upgrade so Aqua Class passengers won't feel shortchanged.

We had Aqua Class and found Blu to be very nice and the food delicious with great service. We made on onboard future reservation but this one will be in a suite so we can eat in Luminea.

Where does the 'charge for guests of ~$100' come from???? For what?????

Luminea will be more elegant and upscale than even Murano with a charge for guests of somewhere around $100

I kind of think this is another example of ship side staff having no clue and just gossipping as much as we all do.

Having seen the photos of Luminae, IMHO, I don't see it being more elegant or upscale than Murano by any stretch of the imagination. I'd put it on par with BLU however.

Luminae will allow a suite passenger to invite guest(s) for a fee per person:

• $20 breakfast
  • $35 lunch
  • $50 dinner

This would also be the first I've read anywhere that BLU is slated for an upgrade. Seems a bit odd since it's only 2-3 years old on the M class fleet that they would already look to a refurb in there.

Some of my favorite shipped gossip came just a week prior to the first ships' build of Lumina last month, staff told some passengers that Luminae was going into the Bistro on 5 space, even after more than a year of official announcements that Bistro was staying.

Edited by cle-guy

I like the Luminae décor on the Reflection better than the Silhouette.

i agree. that was some terrible music imo. even weird sounding.

Was that music what was playing in the restaurant? I hope not.

From the OP:

I just found this video I made at breakfast the last morning. I made it to capture the morning music, which I really liked, but you can't hear it that well here.