becoming Pinnacle ?

I have heard of others not having any sort of recognition on their

big day. We had a wonderful ceremony with all the things that

Carol mentioned (minus the upgrade). We planned long and hard on which ship we wanted to turn Pinnacle on . I think it works in your favor to

have the celebration on a ship that you've made a few connections.

Turned Pinnacle on a ship where:

Others told me that they received BIG recognition and celebration when they became Pinnacle.

I know many of the staff.

I have sailed repeatedly.

I know the Captain.

I know the Concierge.

I know the Loyalty Ambassador.

Didn't seem to make any difference.

Just a word of caution, but there is no consistency on how C&A Members earning Pinnacle Level are recognized. Some ships go over and above and others not so much. Just don't want you to have high expectations and then be disappointed.

Yes, it should be handled the same way on every ship! A lot of things should be the same, I think. :)

In Feb. we turned Pinnacle on Indy and were pleasantly surprised with our event. We had no idea if anything special would happen, as others before us sometimes did or not have a special event. Some LAs have said it is the cruise following the pinnacle 700 points that are the recognition time.

No upgrade but we got champagne, glass block, photo on the stage with CD, HD and LA.

Hope you have a very special presentation Jan & Bruce!!!!

Others told me that they received BIG recognition and celebration when they became Pinnacle.

I know the Captain.

I know the Concierge.

Carol, that really, really stinks. I can only imaging how disappointing

that was. I'm sorry.

It was a shock. Sort of took me aback. (rendered me speechless...........now THAT is rare! ;) ) But I survived. :D

Really not fair that some were treated differently......it should be a standard procedure for all.

It is a big thing to finally get to 700 points and to be ignored is not right.

Not a lot of trouble for the LA to give you a bottle of champagne and a photo! Means a lot to be recognized.

It was a shock. Sort of took me aback. (rendered me speechless...........now THAT is rare! ;) ) But I survived. :D

Carol, that is terrible! Bad enough that it differs from ship to ship, but differing on the same ship with the same crew is ridiculous.

Wow! That's not right.

I'll be making Pinnacle in November on Liberty at the same times some friends will. We are on the cruise before so we are going talk to the LA about it. Hopefully we will be recognized on the cruise that we reach 700 since we have alot of friends that are joining us too.

I know the Captain.

I know the Concierge.

Sorry Carol, you deserved better! :) We thought our recognition on Serenade, which included a ceremony with officers and photo, a bottle of champagne, and dinner at Chops with a bottle of wine, was very nice.

You, speechless??!!?? :eek: Now I'm shocked! :D

Steve & Mike

Edited by Sea3PO
typo

Just a word of caution, but there is no consistency on how C&A Members earning Pinnacle Level are recognized. Some ships go over and above and others not so much. Just don't want you to have high expectations and then be disappointed.

You are so right, we have seen this recognition handled very differently from ship to ship, and also from personal experience as we reached the different milestones. I try not make too big a deal about a milestone cruise, but our recent one was different (I think it may be our last big one), so I made a point of mentioning it to several of the staff when we boarded. The ship went out of its way to recognize us throughout the week.

The fact that Carol was not honored is inexcusable -- it's not as though they didn't know it was her milestone cruise. Carol, I hope the next one is better! :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

AR nana: LA on Navigator is Annaleza (sp), and she is a very pleasant young lady. If you go introduce yourself, I'll bet she will arrange something. She helped me out with a couple of situations a couple of weeks ago on NOS.

AR nana: LA on Navigator is Annaleza (sp), and she is a very pleasant young lady. If you go introduce yourself, I'll bet she will arrange something. She helped me out with a couple of situations a couple of weeks ago on NOS.

Thanks so much for the info. I'll make it a point to introduce myself early in the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure many of you remember the situation that we ran into. We were told "No celebration on this cruise you will be recognized on the next one" (we were on a multi B2B with a LA that we knew very well, didn't seem to mater). After much struggle (some here on CC, even got a letter from corporate which we still have) we got "some" recognition. On the next cruise the LA said (when ask if we could get the rest of the recognition) "no, you should have been recognized on the last cruise".

Royal Caribbean = Consistently Inconsistent

I'm sure many of you remember the situation that we ran into. We were told "No celebration on this cruise you will be recognized on the next one" (we were on a multi B2B with a LA that we knew very well, didn't seem to mater). After much struggle (some here on CC, even got a letter from corporate which we still have) we got "some" recognition. On the next cruise the LA said (when ask if we could get the rest of the recognition) "no, you should have been recognized on the last cruise".

Royal Caribbean = Consistently Inconsistent

I was not a fan of that LA at all, we were on with you, did B2B but gone when you had your "recognition?" the next cruise.

She did not recognize any of the levels at the 2 C&A events. Made a big deal of a low level point glass block couple though, photo, Champagne and flowers? too I think??

But no note or clapping for her other Royals.....most LAs will ask for their many levels to clap, to see how many are of each are in attendance. Then C&A wonder why attendance is poor for these events?

It Really should be standard for ALL.

We didn't get a Chops Dinner and wine on Indy???:rolleyes:

We were on Indy for 7-B2Bs too and they knew we were on to get our 700 points then. We did have a very nice event by Colette, with champagne/photo and were very pleased.

Edited by CVU

So sorry some of you had no fanfare. But maybe some people didn't want the fuss?? We've been in touch with them on a regular basis and have made our wishes known, so hoping that it will come together. It seems like you have to be very proactive and vocal or you could be overlooked.

Have you all heard the big news???? RCI has made a fleetwide change to separate the duties of the LA from Future Sales. YIPPPEEEEE!! What a smart move. Having one person with a sales quota to meet trying to do that plus all the parties and duties of the LA was too much. Any time we needed help with a CAS question or problem, the sales person was annoyed that we were taking up their time with it. It's just now being rolled out across the ships so they might not all have their person yet, but here on Adventure this week we have Ana Prce who is just perfect for the job. She's been helping us coordinate with Vision so we have a smooth transition. I think this will make things much better for everyone. CAS is getting so huge it was time for someone dedicated to taking care of us.

Jan @ WriteSounds

I have heard of others not having any sort of recognition on their

big day. We had a wonderful ceremony with all the things that

Carol mentioned (minus the upgrade). We planned long and hard on which ship we wanted to turn Pinnacle on . I think it works in your favor to

have the celebration on a ship that you've made a few connections.

We have a long time to think this one through. At the current rate we travel, assuming nothing changes with us or RCL, we will hit Pinnacle when I'm 88 years old. :eek:

So sorry some of you had no fanfare. But maybe some people didn't want the fuss?? We've been in touch with them on a regular basis and have made our wishes known, so hoping that it will come together. It seems like you have to be very proactive and vocal or you could be overlooked.

Have you all heard the big news???? RCI has made a fleetwide change to separate the duties of the LA from Future Sales. YIPPPEEEEE!! What a smart move. Having one person with a sales quota to meet trying to do that plus all the parties and duties of the LA was too much. Any time we needed help with a CAS question or problem, the sales person was annoyed that we were taking up their time with it. It's just now being rolled out across the ships so they might not all have their person yet, but here on Adventure this week we have Ana Prce who is just perfect for the job. She's been helping us coordinate with Vision so we have a smooth transition. I think this will make things much better for everyone. CAS is getting so huge it was time for someone dedicated to taking care of us.

Jan @ WriteSounds

Hey, Jan! Where is Ana located - in the same area as the sales person or elsewhere on the ship?

And I would bet that nobody is happier than the future cruise consultants (or whatever they're calling them now).

Jan @ WriteSounds

Proactive, you mean like being on a B2B2B2B2B and informing the LA on the first leg only to have her say "no, you get it on your next ship"? Having her write Miami and getting a letter back giving her "permission" to do recognition on the cruise that we turn only to have her do only a partial? Or maybe being proactive was talking to C&A for over 6 months before trying to arrange the free cruise. Or maybe blowing up the D D+ thread here on CC for about a week as we were dealing with the LA. Or maybe getting the Concierge and our travel agent involved. If this was being proactive, then it didn't completely work. Yes we got some recognition but not all of what is normally given.

Once again I can only say: Royal Caribbean = Consistent Inconsistency

Proactive, you mean like being on a B2B2B2B2B and informing the LA on the first leg only to have her say "no, you get it on your next ship"? Having her write Miami and getting a letter back giving her "permission" to do recognition on the cruise that we turn only to have her do only a partial? Or maybe being proactive was talking to C&A for over 6 months before trying to arrange the free cruise. Or maybe blowing up the D D+ thread here on CC for about a week as we were dealing with the LA. Or maybe getting the Concierge and our travel agent involved. If this was being proactive, then it didn't completely work. Yes we got some recognition but not all of what is normally given.

Once again I can only say: Royal Caribbean = Consistent Inconsistency

And to add what Clint has posted.........It should have nothing to do with being proactive/vocal. The LA on board will receive an email from C&A regarding who is earning what milestone on that particular cruise.

It's up to the LA to see that that happens. Unfortunately some LAs are much more considerate than others.

I would certainly hope that anyone reaching PC level would want to be recognized even in small way.

Hey, Jan! Where is Ana located - in the same area as the sales person or elsewhere on the ship?

And I would bet that nobody is happier than the future cruise consultants (or whatever they're calling them now).

Hi Jean! Ana's desk on Adventure is on Deck 4 Aft, port side, right in front of the International Ambassador's desk. Although FCC Cecelia wouldn't admit it, she HAS to be relieved. She is very graciously helping Ana to learn her new job. I'm soooo happy about this new position. It will be great for everyone.

Jan @ WriteSounds

Olga on the Majesty is sharing the desk with the International Ambassador (staggered hours) right next to the Guest Services desk. We just heard that the LA on Vision will be starting on Sat when we board. Wish us luck with our Pinnacle recognition having a brand new person doing it!

Jan @ WriteSounds