Picture heavy fun review - MSC Armonia - Canary Isles and Madeira - incl. DIY trips

Kreuzfahrtneuling

So how was the concert! I'm sure it was great!

Note to self: don't read the food posts BEFORE breakfast...that cheese looked really good this morning!

Denise

The concert was magical. The woman is now 74 years old ... comes on stage solely with a guitar, no video screen, no costumes, no light show ...nothing except sometimes a guy accompanying her with either a guitar, a banyo or the piano ... and her son on the occasional percussions.....oh and for some songs her assistant sang along ... lol ... Joan's higher notes aren't quite as clear anymore ... no wonder .... but the middle and lower ones ....WOW!!!!!!! We were awe-struck --- the woman sang in woodstock and was a friend of Martin Luther King .... and still brings forth her vision of a better and more peaceful world today. Her voice makes you shudder (with pleasure) and her whole charisma is breathtaking. We feel like we saw a living legend --- live!

I adore her and everything she stands and fights for!

PS: I need to take a break from review writing for a couple of days.... am fighting to keep my own dog alive .... and it doesn't seem as if I'm winning .... He's 12 and his liver decided to quit spontaneously .... we do all we can ... day and night .... but no success yet. He's just not ready to go yet .... or I'm not willing to LET him go yet .... either way.... I could use some lit candles or pressed thumbs these days.

Stef

PS: I need to take a break from review writing for a couple of days.... am fighting to keep my own dog alive .... and it doesn't seem as if I'm winning .... He's 12 and his liver decided to quit spontaneously .... we do all we can ... day and night .... but no success yet. He's just not ready to go yet .... or I'm not willing to LET him go yet .... either way.... I could use some lit candles or pressed thumbs these days.

Stef

Oh poor doggy! Sending out a lot of good wishes!

Hi!

I hope yr. dog's OK. I didn't realise we're so close to the end of yr. cruise. I'll miss it. I wrote to Joan Baez proposing marriage over 50yrs ago but I think she didn't get the letter as she didn't accept and we've never met. Think how our lives would have changed! I would have been her roady at yr. concert - the one sweeping up after it was all over. But I wouldn't have minded. Think of all the money I would've saved on CD's over the past 50yrs!

I'm looking forward to yr. next cruise. Any plans yet? If you come to Liverpool, I wd. love to show you around. I could show you the safe tourist places, say where the Beatles sang and lived. Or an itinerary you would really like. I could plan it so you nearly ( or really ) missed a train, or the bridge nearly (or did) collapse, or a restaurant where you nearly (or did) get food poisoning. I could arrange for a really big frightening lizard. I think you like more excitement in yr. holidays than I do - more than I could manage!

So thanks again for all yr. hard work in informing & entertaining us. I think you've both got a really admirable view on life and it's perplexities and I really hope & trust the three of you continue to have happy and fulfilling lives. You are inspirational in many ways probably without realising it. And if Joan does reply, you can be a bridesmaid!

best wishes

Eric

Liverpool

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone ... sadly I have to report that Cody doesn't dwell among us anymore.

19774694676_afd786dd61_b.jpg

This was the last picture of him taken yesterday .... today he was so weak he coudn't get up anymore ... cancer everywhere ... not only the liver .... it was hopeless.... I had to put him to sleep four hours ago ... now I sit here crying and try to grasp he's gone. Thank you for 12 wonderful years Cody! You'll be terribly missed .... gee, you are missed painfully already.

I'll need a couple of days to get over it ... I'll return eventually --- but right now I just can't write about a holiday ....sorry guys.

Stef

So sorry to hear this Stef. We also had to do the same with one of our pack on Wednesday. I crying the entire day, he has liver failure from cancer. Devastating. He was such a part of our family. Hugs for your family.

Dogs give unconditional love. All dogs go to heaven.

Cody is free of pain now.

So very hard to make the decision to let them go, but Cody was telling you it was time.

You found the courage to make the decision to help him in his final journey.

Thinking of you.

Imagining Cody playing in a green pasture somewhere.

Let your good memories of Cody comfort you.

Hi there

I've snuck over from the NCL Forum as we are doing a canaries, morocco and spain cruise next January and I was interested to see your review of the ports!

Thanks especially for the great write up on Funchal- I was really looking forward to that port, and now I'm looking forward to it even more after your review. However, I think we'll be skipping the toboggan and taking the cable car! Those sweet potato meat pancake things look super yummy, I need to remember to find one of those.

I'm also looking forward to your review of Loro Parque as we have an excursion booked there. I have to say you're very adventurous with hiring cars, going off on hikes and doing your own thing the whole time! Maybe I'll be as brave as that when it's not my first cruise :p

Looking forward to hearing the rest of your write up. Sorry about your doggy though :(

...while Stef is taking a few days, I thought I'd tell a Funchal Madeira story.

About midday when we were there, a group of 5 of us decided to have lunch. We went into a tiny restaurant near the market. They only had about 5 tables, and made a group of local leave to make room for us.

When we got our meal, my husband asked for pepper. We definitely had a communication gap, because they just didn't understand him. Finally the light went off, and they happily brought us a bottle of pepper sauce (like tabasco). I told him to give it up and eat a meal without a pepper shaker.

Recently, I was upgraded to First Class on a flight and brought home the little salt and pepper packet. Hubby wants to save it for when we go back to Madeira, so he can have pepper.

:pThank you for all the wonderful posts! :p

:oSlowly starting to handle the loss. Now the easier to handle time starts where you look back and tell thousands of stories starting with "remember when Cody did this or that?" We are truly grateful to have had 12 wonderful years with this fantastic dog.

Thank you for you all's patience. I'll resume with the review either later today, or definitely tomorrow.

Stef

Aww dear stef, Tanya and tarik, I'm so sorry about Cody. We too lost our four legged family member nearly 3yrs ago now, and we talk about him all the time. We are now talking about having another, someday soon.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk