Cocoa Beach Shuttle

mabkcruisers

We have reservations for this service for our cruise next week from MCO to Port Canaveral. Took the advice to book with them from Cruise Critic members a few months ago but are reading a lot of recent negative online reviews on other sites. Has anyone used them recently to give a good report? We always use cruise line transfers, but we couldn't for this cruise. Feeling anxious about trying something new! We are assuming only those with negative experiences take the time to report online but would feel better to hear something good!

if you search for all mentions

you'd find that there were a number negative comments back several years ago

at that time, it appears that the company changed hands a couple of times.Recently, as you observed, they don't get commented on much which probably means no complaints.

I do see their vehicles around town regularly and they appear to be newer and in better condition from what I recall in years past suggesting the current owners have brought things back up to par.

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in May. We decided to book a private service instead of shared shuttle so we wouldn't need to wait for other people. Well that back fired. The Cocoa Beach Shuttle stand was easy to locate and we were checked in quickly. Our private shuttle didn't show up for about 40 minutes while shared shuttle after shared shuttle left. The same thing happened on the return trip. We will use Cocoa Beach Shuttle next time but we will definitely book their shared shuttle. They seem to have a very efficient process for their shared shuttle service that moves quickly and every representative we dealt with was very friendly and helpful.

Capt BJ's comments are right on.

I live in CCB. In 2010, I reserved CCBS on my return from Singapore. I even phoned them the day before my arrival, from Singapore, to ensure the reservation. Upon arrival at MCO, I phoned. Waited 45 minutes...hmmmm...phoned again, "he's on his way!" Again, waited another 45 mins & phoned again (I was initiating the contact, not them). I was told the driver just left Palm Bay (a good 1.5 hrs from MCO). I rented a car...

Fast forward to now: I've used them recently (after a long hiatus) for my sister & for me next week (not cruising but flying to Peru). So far, the recent experiences have been far superior w better vehicles (as Capt BJ stated). If you don't hear from me after the week of April 1st (my return from Peru), then my CCBS experience will have been another good one. :-)

Thank you all so much! I feel much better! We are scheduled for a shared shuttle, so I think we should be in good shape. We have an 11:55 flight out of MCO, which I happen to think is quite doable. However, our cruise line wouldn't schedule transfers for us with that early of a flight. I wanted to be sure we were in good hands for our return trip to the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, mabkcruiser,

Yesterday, my sister arrived on a domestic flight into MCO. I had reserved her a seat (shared service) on CCBS.

My sister's experience was a good one; however, when she phoned for her pickup after baggage claim, she was not told that the shuttle would be delayed approx. 45 minutes while picking-up other patrons (a total of 4).

Our only comment is that CCBS probably should have informed her that she may have to wait while other patrons were collected.

I leave on an international flight tomorrow & have CCBS reserved (shared service), departing from my residence in CCB to MCO. I'll try to report my experience & that of my return in a week.

I'm paying $33, not incl gratuity. If you are using their service (I think) 7am - 6pm. Off-hours are prohibitively expensive (I tried to make a reservation recently one-way at 3:30am & CCBS wanted over $130...I rented a car...).

Just wanted to add that we had FTTF so we were off the ship right after the platinum guests and just before the self assist. (This is with Carnival, not sure what line you are sailing on). Even with waiting on our private shuttle, we were at MCO before 900.

Just wanted to add that we had FTTF so we were off the ship right after the platinum guests and just before the self assist. (This is with Carnival, not sure what line you are sailing on). Even with waiting on our private shuttle, we were at MCO before 900.

Thank you for your help! We plan to so self- assist, so I am hoping for a similar experience next Friday. I will be sure to post how everything goes. We are on RCCL. Just curious, what is FTTF?

Just another data point:

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in February. We were staying at the Embassy Suites near the airport and called to have the shared shuttle pick us up, they were there in about 15 minutes. On that leg there were only a few of us on the shuttle. Some of the guests were going right to the port but we were staying in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days and were dropped off at our hotel. Coming back (port to MCO) we also booked the shared shuttle. The pickup area was pretty chaotic in general (we were on Freedom of the Seas so lots of passengers). The shuttle was there, but there was a bit of a wait for some of the passengers. Then we stopped at a couple of other terminals and there actually were not enough seats for everybody. I would just say to make sure you leave yourself enough time. Once you are on the road, the trip to the airport is less than an hour. We paid around $60 each way for 2, and gave the driver a $10 tip each way.

I think that there are a couple of shuttle companies with similar names and sometimes people get them mixed up. Also, as someone noted, people are much more likely to comment publicly when something goes wrong than if the trip was uneventful (as it was for us).

Just another data point:

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in February. We were staying at the Embassy Suites near the airport and called to have the shared shuttle pick us up, they were there in about 15 minutes. On that leg there were only a few of us on the shuttle. Some of the guests were going right to the port but we were staying in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days and were dropped off at our hotel. Coming back (port to MCO) we also booked the shared shuttle. The pickup area was pretty chaotic in general (we were on Freedom of the Seas so lots of passengers). The shuttle was there, but there was a bit of a wait for some of the passengers. Then we stopped at a couple of other terminals and there actually were not enough seats for everybody. I would just say to make sure you leave yourself enough time. Once you are on the road, the trip to the airport is less than an hour. We paid around $60 each way for 2, and gave the driver a $10 tip each way.

I think that there are a couple of shuttle companies with similar names and sometimes people get them mixed up. Also, as someone noted, people are much more likely to comment publicly when something goes wrong than if the trip was uneventful (as it was for us).

I hope that someone can clarify for me the cost per person on the Cocoa Beach Shuttle from MCO to a hotel in Cocoa Beach. I am seeing conflicting posts with some saying it is $33/pp, $60/pp and $60/total for two people. Also, do the shuttles run on a schedule or as needed? Let's say you arrive on a flight and are the only two people that need the shuttle at that time. Do you have to wait till other flights arrive?

Also, are there any alternative means of transportation besides renting a car?

Obviously, you could take a taxi, but that would probably be very expensive.

TIA

I hope that someone can clarify for me the cost per person on the Cocoa Beach Shuttle from MCO to a hotel in Cocoa Beach. I am seeing conflicting posts with some saying it is $33/pp, $60/pp and $60/total for two people. Also, do the shuttles run on a schedule or as needed? Let's say you arrive on a flight and are the only two people that need the shuttle at that time. Do you have to wait till other flights arrive?

TIA

It would probably be best to call Cocoa Beach Shuttle directly: 321-631-4144. Mention Cruise Critic for a 10% discount.

TIA

From MCO to the Port is $58 total for two (plus tip) when on a shared CB Shuttle. If you want to be dropped at an hotel instead, then it is best to get a specific quote as others suggested.

Shared shuttles will wait for other passengers or at least until the next shuttle arrives - depending on other bookings.

You can always opt for a private shuttle at $120 +20% tip (to the Port, not sure about hotels), or opt for a towncar for about the same price offered by several limo companies.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I will also contact our hotel and ask them who they recommend for transport. They will shuttle us to the port the next day after arrival and then pick us up at disembarkation but we need transport from MCO to Cocoa Beach Hotel. We usually fly into Sanford, this time doing something different.

Thanks again :cool:

Port Canaveral Area

To/From Orlando International Airport

1 Person $33 Town car service

up to three people

$95 (plus gratuity)

2 People $58

3 People $68

4 People $78

5 People $88

6 People $98

7 People $108

8 People $118

9 Or More Please call for price

27 Passenger Mini Bus Please call for price

Motor Coaches Please call for price

Just returned from our RCCL cruise out of Port Canaveral. Would highly recommend Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Upon arrival there was a shared shuttle waiting for us when we exited the terminal. That was just good timing as they run every 30 minutes. We did self-assist to leave the ship and found a friendly staff waiting to help. We had to wait awhile for the shuttle to fill because we were one of the first ones off, but we were to MCO by 9:00. There was a group of four that sent one person ahead to hold the shuttle for them. However, when the CBS folks found out the rest were still trying to clear customs, they wouldn't wait because they said we had been waiting too long already. I am sure that group would give a poor review, but those of us that were off the ship in time made it just fine. 😊

Thank you for the info. I was looking to book my shuttle for my RCCL too. Like others, I also read some bad reviews on Yelp so hopefully after so many good experiences that everyone else had, we would have the same.

Is this their official website?

http://www.cbshuttle.com/

Yes, that's the correct URL for Cocoa Beach Shuttle.