Dance of the ships

paradise825

What changes are we talking about? Please explain….:confused:

The changes they're talking about are the "ship swaps" meaning that one ship will change it's homeport and another will take its place. For example, in 2016, the Vista is going to Miami and replacing the Breeze. The Breeze is moving to Galveston to replace the Magic, and the Magic is speculated to move to PC since the sunshine will be in NYC, Norfolk, and Charleston.

Now JH is saying it will be the week of April 6 for more announcements. Wish they'd either not give a date in the first place or stick to the one they do give. Gets frustrating after awhile.

Welcome to the Carnival announcement hamster wheel.

Now JH is saying it will be the week of April 6 for more announcements. Wish they'd either not give a date in the first place or stick to the one they do give. Gets frustrating after awhile.

Have you considered that the logistics behind scheduling itineraries and schedules for 24 ships is probably a monumental undertaking and that its expected there be last minute changes and unexpected things that come up?

I'd be thankful that Carnival has a spokesperson on a public forum that can share the level of detail about itineraries, upcoming schedules, etc. (Unlike other cruise lines) and rather than be frustrated, be understanding that things can change last minute.

The changes they're talking about are the "ship swaps" meaning that one ship will change it's homeport and another will take its place. For example, in 2016, the Vista is going to Miami and replacing the Breeze. The Breeze is moving to Galveston to replace the Magic, and the Magic is speculated to move to PC since the sunshine will be in NYC, Norfolk, and Charleston.

Thank you so much for the explanation!

When John Heald mentioned announcements would be made March 23, he says he meant the Sunshine. The Sunshine and another ship or 2 were announced early, sometime last week. So the next announcement is April 6. In theory they could be early again. They probably have to finalize the port and the date the ships will move all the while booking port stops during the repositioning.

I booked my 2014 Breeze cruise about 20 months early and they changed the itinerary to another 4 stops after I booked. All was well but guess they are trying firm things up before announcing.

Hearing some buzz regarding Miracle, Legend, and Splendor coming soon...nothing specific but it sounds like they are definitely in play.

Well that will def. stir the pot! Unless that buss is that they will be full time to another brand of Carnival.

I think we should trade all of the Fantasy class and keep the four Spirit class in the U.S.

I agree with keeping all of the Spirit Classes in the US. At least don't put all of them in Australia.

I've never been on a Fantasy Class ship and really don't plan to do so.