Bonnie and/or Andy - MDR menus

ginny123

Can you please help us with where to find the menus for the MDR? They are not on the Azamara website anymore under dining in the MDR, the links have been previously provided here on cc but the menus are not there and have not been there since the website was last updated. (NOTE: menus for the Specialty restaurants are there). I've seen several posts requesting this information over the last of month but have seen no answer. I admit to being interested myself as we cruise in November and if there has been a change in menus, we'd love to know about it beforehand.

I'm wondering if the menus are changing or if it is just an IT problem no one has addressed on the website? It's a shame this hasn't been addressed...it could cause the newcomers asking for the information to worry needlessly about their upcoming experience on Azamara.

Can you please help us with where to find the menus for the MDR? They are not on the Azamara website anymore under dining in the MDR, the links have been previously provided here on cc but the menus are not there and have not been there since the website was last updated. (NOTE: menus for the Specialty restaurants are there). I've seen several posts requesting this information over the last of month but have seen no answer. I admit to being interested myself as we cruise in November and if there has been a change in menus, we'd love to know about it beforehand.

I'm wondering if the menus are changing or if it is just an IT problem no one has addressed on the website? It's a shame this hasn't been addressed...it could cause the newcomers asking for the information to worry needlessly about their upcoming experience on Azamara.

Hi Ginny,

I spent some time this afternoon, trying to locate the Discoveries Dining Room Menus on Azamara's website - with no luck. I recall them being there a while ago. As you mentioned, it seems they were removed with the recent website upgrade. FWIW, the Menus for Aqualina and Prime C are available on the website.

Hopefully, Bonnie can pass this information along to Azamara's IT team, and they will add the MDR menus again.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

The menus for the Discovery Restaurant are not on our website. I've asked around and there are no plans to post them. This is due to the number of menus (21 in total) and the risk that once published future guests will expect what they saw online to be served on their given voyage. Menus change as well as the rotation of the menus.

I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

The menus for the Discovery Restaurant are not on our website. I've asked around and there are no plans to post them. This is due to the number of menus (21 in total) and the risk that once published future guests will expect what they saw online to be served on their given voyage. Menus change as well as the rotation of the menus.

this is the only cruise line forum that has no menus posted. Please help from past cruisers.

this is the only cruise line forum that has no menus posted. Please help from past cruisers.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble finding these. I do have the ones from our last trip on Azamara in December 2013, but as Bonnie said, there are 21 of them and I hate to post them here. Please email me at cele4711 at gmail dot com and I'll be glad to send them to you, although it may take a little while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBMacLaird viewpost.gif

Thank you Bonnie for checking on this. It is a shame as both my husband and I thoroughly enjoy perusing the menus of cruise lines when planning a cruise. A simple statement of "sample menu" or "subject to change" lets us know what to expect, or possibly not.

Whilst I appreciate the flexibility Azamara likes to have each cruise re menus, I think it is a big mistake not to have any menus available for guests and potential bookers to see

A simple statement of "sample menu" or "subject to change" lets us know what to expect, or possibly not.

This type of statement is very typical on other cruise lines' pages.

Whilst I appreciate the flexibility Azamara likes to have each cruise re menus, I think it is a big mistake not to have any menus available for guests and potential bookers to see

I agree Uktog. It should be relatively easy for Azamara to post a few sample menus, along with a standard disclaimer, (as ginny mentioned) such as "all menus are subject to change" etc. Most every cruise line makes sample menus available. With Azamara's fantastic cuisine, you would think they would consider it an extremely appealing marketing tool.

I always appreciated when Azamara made the MDR menus available to me, and I posted them on the forum. While I still have the menus on file, I suspect they are outdated.

Hoping Bonnie will pass along our insights to corporate.

I also think it's a mistake to not post some sample menus on the website.

One of my favorite things is to daydream about what I would order if that specific menu was offered on my cruise.

I have never thought anything other than the posted menus being a representative sample.

Someone would have to be crazy to be mad if their menus on the cruise were different than the samples posted on the website.

I'm on Journey on Thursday and will make it my mission to try and get a copy of each of the MDR menus. May take a little while to get them back and posted.

Phil

Awesome Phil.

That would be great!

I'm on Journey on Thursday and will make it my mission to try and get a copy of each of the MDR menus. May take a little while to get them back and posted.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

You could make it a culinary travelogue! Snap a photo each night of the menu and tell us what you chose. We can all live/dine vicariously through your posts!

Bonnie, I'll probably just get my man to put one in my room if he can. I won't be going to the MDR each night. Otherwise I'll snap a photo of the menu on the wall, but that relies on me remembering to do it:o

Phil

Understood. And you're probably not on for 21-nights. Or are you?

No Bonnie, just 16 sadly! I'm getting the menus each day and will scan when I'm home. Food there has been great and a good variety. We ate in the Specialty last night, but I think I preferred the MDR food. All subjective I know.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Just wanted to advise that I have all the MDR menus, but I do not have current versions of Aqualina or Prime C. Perhaps you can work on getting those ?

Also, the last set of MDR menus I have, are from December 2014, which I plan to create a new "Sticky" later this week. If you can inquire if those are the most up to date, I'd appreciate it.

Have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Phil,

Just wanted to advise that I have all the MDR menus, but I do not have current versions of Aqualina or Prime C. Perhaps you can work on getting those ?

Also, the last set of MDR menus I have, are from December 2014, which I plan to create a new "Sticky" later this week. If you can inquire if those are the most up to date, I'd appreciate it.

Have a wonderful cruise !

Thanks Andy. Will you be posting the menus soon?

Thanks Andy. Will you be posting the menus soon?

Hi Diligaf,

As soon as I can determine if the menus are the latest version, they will be posted. Thanks very much for your patience.