Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast- Magic

surrealrain

Hey everyone! We just booked a cruise on the Carnival Magic for this August and I read about the Dr. Seuss Character Breakfast and was wondering if it requires a reservation. If so, do I reserve it ahead of time or wait until we are on board?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, you probably have already gotten the answer to this, but Yes... Seuss at Sea is on the Magic now :) I just was exploring it last night on the Carnival website. I guess the characters might make surprise appearances around the ship, the brunch is $5 per person but looks to be like a great experience, story time, there is a parade where everyone gets a bunch of noisemakers and marches around the ship... I believe it starts with the Camp Carnival (Ocean?) kids and parents are welcome to join... among other things. Sounds like a blast to me. here is a great review with some pictures: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46426363#post46426363

Hey everyone! We just booked a cruise on the Carnival Magic for this August and I read about the Dr. Seuss Character Breakfast and was wondering if it requires a reservation. If so, do I reserve it ahead of time or wait until we are on board?

Thanks!

when in August - we're going the 16th and there is a roll call. PS - let us know the differences in the Carnival Magic and Disney Magic

Hi, you probably have already gotten the answer to this, but Yes... Seuss at Sea is on the Magic now :) I just was exploring it last night on the Carnival website. I guess the characters might make surprise appearances around the ship, the brunch is $5 per person but looks to be like a great experience, story time, there is a parade where everyone gets a bunch of noisemakers and marches around the ship... I believe it starts with the Camp Carnival (Ocean?) kids and parents are welcome to join... among other things. Sounds like a blast to me. here is a great review with some pictures: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46426363#post46426363

It starts in the spotlight lounge on deck 5, you March to the lobby and take the stairs down (or elevator if mobility issues or stroller) to the showtime theater on deck 3.

They will have a desk set up when you first board the ship and you can sign up then. :)

It's an amazing time!!! We had a blast when we did it on the Pride a few weeks ago. Definitely a "do not miss" type of thing. People were there whether they had kids or not and everyone seemed to enjoy it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Magic on Sunday and we did the Dr Seuss Brunch. Our 3 year old enjoyed it a lot and she doesn't even know who Dr Seuss is. We enjoyed it as a family as well. The characters comes around the dining room area, visiting each table, to take pictures and to stamp the coloring booklet they give you. There will be Thing 1 & 2, Cat in the Hat, and Sam I am. There was an ice sculpture of the Cat in the Hat, nice table decorations, and the food was good. Very well done.

As for the parade, that is a few days prior, and they march from the back lounge to the front. Then they read stories to the kids.

Is this on all the ships now or just a few?

It is currently on:

Breeze

Conquest

Dream

Exctasy

Fascination

Freedom

Glory

Legend

Liberty

Magic

Paradise

Pride

Sensation

Splendor

Sunshine

Triumph

Valor

Vista

Coming soon to Miracle and Victory. :)

Thanks!

When we did this on the Freedom over Spring Break, there was a table set up in the Lobby near guest services and the woman working it said if you don't sign up the first day, you probably won't get it because there is a limited seating.

That being said, we did sign up and it was a lot of fun. DS enjoyed his red and white pancakes while DH had the omelet which was fabulous. I had the waffles which had red white and blue...cream cheese? Something...in them. IDK what it was. But it was really good, as were the little parfaits that also came with the breakfast. :)

They will have a desk set up when you first board the ship and you can sign up then. :)

It's an amazing time!!! We had a blast when we did it on the Pride a few weeks ago. Definitely a "do not miss" type of thing. People were there whether they had kids or not and everyone seemed to enjoy it. :)

Thank you for saying that non parents where there too lol. I really wanted to go to the brunch on the Sensation but we most likely will not have my bfs daughter with us so I was a bit bummed out thinking I would miss it.

We called and made a reservation probably on the 2nd day when we're on the Elation over Easter break. It is really done up nicely and kids and adults seem to really have a great time.

Interesting, Elation isn't on the list in Post #13. We will be on the Elation this fall, not sure if we will do the breakfast on that cruise or on the Magic the following week. We don't have any kids and will be traveling as four adults on the Elation and as a couple on the Magic.