Live from Silhouette

RhondaPerr

Live from the Silhouette.... Cruise # 34.. She is a beautiful ship! Embarkation, was on the ship in 5 minutes! Rooms not ready though. My favorite Guest relations person is at the Pursers desk, that is wonderful! She is superb!

The Luminae Diningroom is beautiful! I had all my allergy fears alleviated by a wonderful maître D! Yes, Sky Suite eats here, no, Michaels though... We are the step children of Suites :)

I want to drop my stuff off and head to Bistro on 5... I am on the Resort Deck!

I don't like the new menu at Bistro.. No need to pay $10.00 for a hamburger! Luminae in one word incredible!! It was the most relaxing most attentive dinner I have ever had! The food was beyond wonderful! I just can't say enough good things about it and it's not even up and running with its own menu yet! It's mostly small tables!

No chocolates on the pillows, and the bouquet of flowers are miniature now! 2 activity staff, along with the CD.. Wow that is some cut in staff! The show was good tonight... Tomorrow sea day and Cruise Critic Party and Cabin Crawl...

I am equally impressed with the crew! Everyone has a smile, and so friendly!

I want to drop my stuff off and head to Bistro on 5... I am on the Resort Deck!

I don't like the new menu at Bistro.. No need to pay $10.00 for a hamburger!

Is Bistro on 5 now $10 pp instead of $7?

I watched you sail out on the web cam. Silhouette is my favorite ship.

I too was watching on the webcam....sailing Sunday and so excited to see Silhuoette. Subscribing and counting the days to sail away.

Also booked on Silhouette. Question: do the menu's change in Luminae? Don't think they do in the suites restaurant on RCI. Thanks.

For now, I believe they are using the MDR menus. Once "officially" implemented, they will have there own menu, which will change daily. I don't think that =X= has shared those yet.

For now, I believe they are using the MDR menus. Once "officially" implemented, they will have there own menu, which will change daily. I don't think that =X= has shared those yet.

That's encouraging. Really looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise.

Sorry meant $7.00 but since soda is $3.00..... Lol. Today was crazy windy and for a while chilly! Found a chair by the pool, but pool chair hogs are abound! I did not see any of the pool staff remove stuff, but people did if the chairs were empty for an hour! Today they had Zumba, a DJ, Pool games, a guitar player, and bean bag toss, a DJ.. .. Not sure I love the live music being replaced by the DJ, but it is what it is!

I have this neat game that has kept me entertained all afternoon! I am on the pool deck in a Sky Suite, all the way AFT... I can not get to my cabin without my Butler beating me to the door to open it... Even in Stealth form lol...

Tonight is a formal night with two shows, The main show, and then late night comedy... The problem is it's also 50 and 60's night... Decisions decisions! Tomorrow we get to San Juan around 3 and I am signed up for the Segway Tour... I am an experienced Segway rider, so I am excited about riding again!

Show was good, all Broadway music which I love! Dinner again was phenomenal! So much to do tonight, that after the show I gave up and went to relax in my cabin lol... Might go up to the Sock Hop for a while! The box of chocolates in my suite tonight more than made up for no pillow chocolates :) a rose too! Michael Kors Shop opened up, prices are not horrible!

Show was good, all Broadway music which I love! Dinner again was phenomenal! So much to do tonight, that after the show I gave up and went to relax in my cabin lol... Might go up to the Sock Hop for a while! The box of chocolates in my suite tonight more than made up for no pillow chocolates :) a rose too! Michael Kors Shop opened up, prices are not horrible!

Ooh, Michael kors! My husband (and credit card) will not like that!!

We are in sky suites in a few weeks. I am in 2155 and my sister and brother in law in 2153 corner S1 next door. I know it is the pool deck so must be somewhere near yours. Your Butler sounds great. Do have a great time and look after those sky suites for us please!!

Just got off of Silhouette as Rhonda was getting on. They debuted the new Bistro on Five menu late in the week. The new menu has more food and only six crepes (three savory and three dessert). The charge was definitely $10/person, and while our food was good it was NOT worth an extra $40 for a family of four. The service was awful, too. My husband got the hamburger and while it was not bad it took something ridiculous like a half hour to get to us so that it was delivered cold when the rest of us had finished our meals. We were not impressed.

I'll be writing up a review when I've had a chance to get my bearings... I just got home yesterday and had to go go pretty much right from the airport to curling :D

Edited by ailetoile

Sad to hear about the Bistro experience - seems like the big cry around here. Are they trying to compete with Mast Grill with the hamburgers?

$10 may just tip the scale in making the choice.

Does anyone know if The Porch also went up in price?

Thanks

Sad to hear about the Bistro experience - seems like the big cry around here. Are they trying to compete with Mast Grill with the hamburgers?

$10 may just tip the scale in making the choice.

Does anyone know if The Porch also went up in price?

Thanks

The Porch remained $7/pp our whole cruise. We didn't eat there, so I can't comment on the quality of the food or service :)

Oh dear Celebrity. Where are you heading? Nickel and diming everywhere.

10$ for Bistro, Specialty Dining up to 50$

Maybe I am simply wrong by remembering the "good old days"... And everything is about supply and demand. "old" cruisers might be disappointed, but the "new" ones never knew the time before.

Just got off of Silhouette as Rhonda was getting on. They debuted the new Bistro on Five menu late in the week. The new menu has more food and only six crepes (three savory and three dessert). The charge was definitely $10/person, and while our food was good it was NOT worth an extra $40 for a family of four. The service was awful, too. My husband got the hamburger and while it was not bad it took something ridiculous like a half hour to get to us so that it was delivered cold when the rest of us had finished our meals. We were not impressed.

I'll be writing up a review when I've had a chance to get my bearings... I just got home yesterday and had to go go pretty much right from the airport to curling :D

Yikes!! We go for the crepes, can you remember which they kept? Cowboy and French is/was our standard order. I'm going to be really sad if I can't get something similar. Thanks for posting

Sorry to read this. :( We thought Bistro was great a couple of years ago.

I'm hoping that's not the case on the Summit.