Beverage Package Pricing Increase

I really do understand, and was in no way trying to be like some on these boards can get! :eek::D

If Celebrity does not have a sailing that fits our needs at the time we can go, we will book with another in a heart beat. Full well knowing NOT TO EXPECT it to live up to Celebrity standards. The Ruby cruise I mentioned, some of our best friends loved it! I felt it was very good, it is my wife who felt it was so poor, she wont think of sailing Princess again right now. So go figure, 2 couples doing things together for over 20 years, and they come away with such different experiences from the same event.

Yes Celebrity is in a transition, but not downward enough for us to bump them out of the #1 slot of the 7 lines we have sailed on.

EW

We do Celebrity, RCL and Princess each year. Which is our favorite? They all have their good points and weak points. Celebrity is getting to be a very expensive line as they are constantly raising their prices on everything to include: TIPS 15 to 18%, Specialty Restaurants which are now $45 - $50 compare to RCL and Princess who are $25 and now drink packages. Even the price of the cruises are going up. However, Celebrity seems to be higher than the other two.

What are we getting in return? Many cutbacks. Yes, I know other lines are cutting back, too. But if you compare the newer ships from RCL and Princess (Royal and Regal) to Celebrity, the difference is not very much. Entertainment, food, cabins, etc., is very subjective. That is why we cruise more than Celebrity and do not say Celebrity is better and the only cruise line to cruise.

Not every cruise line or cruise ship will be your favorite. Nor, can you take one cruise on a ship and say it was all bad or all good. That is why the cruise lines are in business. They offer just a little difference from each other, but in many ways are just like each other.

Opinions are opinions. Everyone has an opinion. LOL

Maybe you should work more then 3 months a year then you could splash out!! [emoji23]

that would cut into my travel time. :cool:

The cost of the package on our last TA was already a big "splash" (bought in advance at 10% off). At this new price plus higher tips, it's more like a tidal wave. :eek:

Yesterday I was told I am cancer free, today a gin and tonic never tasted better, and tomorrow I don't care what it cost. In two weeks time my cruise will never be better...

It's all perspective...

Congratulations! May you continue to enjoy good health and your gin & tonics for years to come!

that would cut into my travel time. :cool:

The cost of the package on our last TA was already a big "splash" (bought in advance at 10% off). At this new price plus higher tips, it's more like a tidal wave. :eek:

I know what your saying but I've looked at the numbers and I'm more then sure we would at the very least break even still... Plus we prob still have enough pre-purchased dollars at the better rate to cover the cost so it could be worse! [emoji6]

How funny... Even though celebrity have confirmed what's happening there are still people asking for the confirmation to be confirmed... [emoji23]

I cannot see onboard guest relations taking a post from an unidentified person on Cruise Critic as "official" if they have things differently. Celebrity needs to put something in writing on their website, outlining the conditions of this increase. That would be something that Guest Relations could not argue against.

I cannot see onboard guest relations taking a post from an unidentified person on Cruise Critic as "official" if they have things differently. Celebrity needs to put something in writing on their website, outlining the conditions of this increase. That would be something that Guest Relations could not argue against.

It is all over Facebook tonight which is good.

Hi there,

You shouldn't have an issue.

Hi all,

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

In addition, if you have purchased the Classic Beverage Package for $49, then when the new pricing goes into effect, the cost to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package will be $16 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

To the "Celebrity Cruises" official,

Please send this information to every ship in Celebrity's fleet, so we guests are not overwhelming Guest Relations on every sailing having to argue about what the upgrade price should be.

Thank-you

Hi there,

Mty next cruise is not until August so I guess we will hear rorts back from folks taking cruises in April and May as to if there was an issue with upgrading costs.

Whoops, cannot correct above, please delete.

My next cruise is not until August so I guess we will hear reports back from folks taking cruises in April and May as to if there was an issue with upgrading costs.

Mty next cruise is not until August so I guess we will hear rorts back from folks taking cruises in April and May as to if there was an issue with upgrading costs.

Yes, exactly. As it was never actually implemented I don't think there will be any issue with this. Happy cruising.

Hi all,

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

The following changes will be:

• Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

I would hope this would not effect the cost of upgrading to premium since the cost of the classic included in our promotion price also increased in value as much as the price of premium. The difference between the two price points is still the same...$10.00. There are going to be a lot of unhappy cruisers out there if you start unfairly hiking these charges in other than an equitable way.

I would hope this would not effect the cost of upgrading to premium since the cost of the classic included in our promotion price also increased in value as much as the price of premium. The difference between the two price points is still the same...$10.00. There are going to be a lot of unhappy cruisers out there if you start unfairly hiking these charges in other than an equitable way.

That question has been answered. You're a little late to the party.

Actually if you look under their name, it says "Official". Not just anyone can put that on there. It takes one of the Moderators here to add that. So actually they're not just some unidentified person.

There are posters here that have handles that come close to sounding like they work for Celebrity, but they don't have the "Official" title.

Actually if you look under their name, it says "Official". Not just anyone can put that on there. It takes one of the Moderators here to add that. So actually they're not just some unidentified person.

There are posters here that have handles that come close to sounding like they work for Celebrity, but they don't have the "Official" title.

Thank you for putting my doubts to rest.

By why why why has' nt Celebrity made a proper announcement or notification so that everyone can see. Why announce here where only probably less than 10% of their cruisers will see ?

Hi all,

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

In addition, if you have purchased the Classic Beverage Package for $49, then when the new pricing goes into effect, the cost to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package will be $16 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

Thanks to Celebrity Cruises and to the Celebrity Cruises rep specifically for getting this settled fairly quickly. Good decision on their part that otherwise probably would have been a huge headache for them down the road.

I still think Celebrity has the best beverage packages at sea, especially considering all of the other NA beverages that are included.

Let the upgrades begin!

Thx.

$11,80 vs $18,88/day

x2 for a couple....

We will probably just pre purchase it next week jusr we don't have to think about it and get it in at the $10 plus tip price, but it is doubly frustrating because my TA had given us the choice of a very generous OBC or giving it to us off of the cruise price. I opted for the OBC thinking it is more like fun money and planning to use the Celebrity OBC for the drink package upgrade. Now I have to pay up front and have this very large OBC from both my TA and Celebrity. I guess we' ll just eat at more specialty restaurants and get more laundry done😃

Very poor customer relations on the part of Celebrity.

This may be the last Celebrity Cruise I take.

x2 for a couple....

We will probably just pre purchase it next week jusr we don't have to think about it and get it in at the $10 plus tip price, but it is doubly frustrating because my TA had given us the choice of a very generous OBC or giving it to us off of the cruise price. I opted for the OBC thinking it is more like fun money and planning to use the Celebrity OBC for the drink package upgrade. Now I have to pay up front and have this very large OBC from both my TA and Celebrity. I guess we' ll just eat at more specialty restaurants and get more laundry done😃

Did you read the whole thread? Still the same price to upgrade onboard.

x2 for a couple....

It's still $10 + gratuity of 18%= $11.80/pp/day for people that already have the classic Bev Pkg to update to Premium IF you already booked the Classic as part of a 123-Go perk.

I agree 100%% (especially with all of the previous inconsistancies from them )

Hi there,

Exactly and thanks celebrity for clearing it up !

but unfortunately some people are not happy when what they have been moaning about has been dealt with... They then have to find something else to moan about... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Check the very bottom of the last page of this link!

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

All the other pages show the "new" service charge!

You mean 15% instead of 18% which was increased some time ago.?

I wonder when this will be changed to show $59 for classic instead of currently shown $49..