Beverage Package Pricing Increase

Yesterday I was told I am cancer free, today a gin and tonic never tasted better, and tomorrow I don't care what it cost. In two weeks time my cruise will never be better...

It's all perspective...

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be back to caring how much things cost in no time. :)

well good, you can pass me your free drinks then. ;) :D

Easier for you to swallow this increase with your strong pound, it's brutal for us Canadians. A molecular (or whatever it'll be called by then) will be over $18 for me with tip, you can be sure I won't be having more than one a day.

I'll go back to pay-as-you-go, probably bring on water and live without lattes and pool drinks. Some nights will be quieter, that's all.

I'm sure we can buy you a drink or 2...[emoji6]

Our pound isn't so strong anymore... What was $1.67 per £ a while ago is now $1.45... So not that great! [emoji33] I'm just not going to let it affect our holiday! [emoji41]

As they say... You can't take it with you! [emoji23]

Easier for you to swallow this increase with your strong pound, it's brutal for us Canadians. A molecular (or whatever it'll be called by then) will be over $18 for me with tip, you can be sure I won't be having more than one a day.

I'll go back to pay-as-you-go, probably bring on water and live without lattes and pool drinks. Some nights will be quieter, that's all.

Maybe you should work more then 3 months a year then you could splash out!! [emoji23]

cruiserke;46147850']Okay' date=' good, crisis over. Quick, someone stir up another one to keep us occupied while we all wait for our next cruise :p

Just kidding, I'm happy with this answer![/quote']

Well, it did make the 15 days before our cruise go faster. :)

On a side note, I do like that on Celebrity everyone in the cabin doesn't have to buy the beverage package or buy the same one. That's not so on Carnival, which is why we haven't bought their package. I guess they don't trust their customers not to share. But my husband and I don't have the same drinking habits so it's nice to be able to pick one (or none) that suits.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Yesterday I was told I am cancer free, today a gin and tonic never tasted better, and tomorrow I don't care what it cost. In two weeks time my cruise will never be better...

It's all perspective...

That does put it in perspective. Stay well and happy cruising!

You and I align more often than not. That said,

Go sail one of the others for a $100 or two less, we did, the Ruby Princess in 2012. Was it horrid? No. But different enough to make us gladly pay the $100 or two more for the overall better ( IMHO & experience ) product delivered on ship by the staff and crew of Celebrity.

EW

ps: that 2012 cruise cost more than our 2013 sailing on the Reflection.

I actually really appreciate this perspective. Thank you for sharing this. :)

Remember that you can bring on two bottles of wine at embarkation to help give you a happy medium.

You could also consider sending yourself a bottle of a spirit you like through Gifts By Celebrity (it's still a bit expensive, but no 18% gratuity) and bringing aboard mixers so that you can make your own drinks. It's not the same as having someone else do it for you, and I know that it's not the same as a Molecular Bar (or whatever) drink, but it IS far cheaper.

I'm living in Canada now, but posts like this make me thank my lucky stars that I'm self-employed with a steady income in each country so that I can choose which country to finance things out of. :(

Edited by ailetoile

It's all perspective...

Congratulations on your cancer free prognosis!!!

Celebrity Cruises

Thank you for giving us the heads up in the first place....that really was very helpful, although it did stir up a bit of a hornet's nest. Also, thank you for taking the CC concerns/questions back and getting a quick clarification, perhaps a change, to how the implementation will take place....and it seems fair to all.

I know we aren't always on the same side of issues...but we're together on this one....GH

Edited by ghstudio

It's all perspective...

Congrats on being Cancer free....Best post of the day!:):)

Congrats on the wonderful news!

Nice to see that Celebrity cares too!:)

BILL

Your card will have a designation that will show purchased or given as a perk on it.

And just to take it one step further, the designation for purchased classic package will have to note whether it was purchased pre-April 2015 at $49 (to be charged $16 to upgrade) or post-April 2015 at $55 (to charge $10 upgrade).

It's all perspective...

This is the best news I've heard all day. Have a wonderful cruise!

It's all perspective...

Congratulations! Absolutely puts things in perspective. Brought tears to my eyes.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and many more in the future!

Cheers.

It's all perspective...

Tremendous news! Enjoy life to the fullest. Not only will your cruises be the best ever....:o

I am curious as to how many here received the Classic Package as part of a promotion, & how many actually paid for it? If it was a perk, would you have paid for it anyway? Would you have bought the premium package?

I may be way off base, but I think that the vast majority only have the package because it was free in the first place, so why the complaining?

If it was a perk, why not consider it just that, something that was "free", & look at it as money saved, regardless of what it costs to upgrade?

Hi Rich, we buy it if it's not part of an offer, & we will always do the premium pkg. I look at the total cost per day (including pre paying our gratuities & a premium bev. pkg.) & then decide if the cruise is in my budget. :)

I know there are a few people here who think people are being "fooled" into believing that the perks were free, but of course they weren't, it's an easy math equation to decide whether you get a better value by paying a la carte, or by getting an all inclusive offer.

Of course for those who wouldn't bother buying a bev. pkg. then it doesn't add to the value for them, same goes for those who would remove their tips, they feel they're being offered something they wouldn't bother paying for in the first place, so it has no real value for them.

It's all perspective...

Congratulations, wishing you many more healthy years.:)

It's all perspective...

HIGHFIVE YOU!!!!!

WELL DONE! xxxxxxxx:D

It's all perspective...

Excellent news!:):)

Celebrity has had a presence on CC for at least a couple of years now. They also posted here about the increase in tips from 15% to 18%, They have been active on the boards...nothing new for them. I am very glad they take a roll in the boards and read them.

BILL

Remember X The Rules? :eek: Cruise Critic shot that down and it was never used as a new promo...

Wallie, you do raise a point. It would be very hard to go to another cruise line and I am not sure I would be happy with what I got for the money there either. But I am thinking if something doesn't change I will have to go see for myself. That is not a decision I would have even considered in years and years, having tried a number of other lines in my early days of cruising. It just seems like an avalanche of changes recently, many relating to price increases far exceeding inflation with nothing added to sweeten the blow, coupled with many small and not so small touches going away. I seriously do feel my days sailing Celebrity are coming to a turning point. I guess we will need to see.

I really do understand, and was in no way trying to be like some on these boards can get! :eek::D

If Celebrity does not have a sailing that fits our needs at the time we can go, we will book with another in a heart beat. Full well knowing NOT TO EXPECT it to live up to Celebrity standards. The Ruby cruise I mentioned, some of our best friends loved it! I felt it was very good, it is my wife who felt it was so poor, she wont think of sailing Princess again right now. So go figure, 2 couples doing things together for over 20 years, and they come away with such different experiences from the same event.

Yes Celebrity is in a transition, but not downward enough for us to bump them out of the #1 slot of the 7 lines we have sailed on.

EW

It's all perspective...

Congratulations! Have a wonderful cruise!