NEW Room Service Menu Just Posted...

Elaine515

It's funny Dh wanted hot wings on the last cruise I guess he got his wish wonder if the pizza will be the same as lido place I think I would pay for it instead of waiting in line for two slices idk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

The next change will be that people didn't order the free (i.e., cheapest for Carnival) sandwiches so they're eliminating those entirely and providing "more choices and variety" with a fully a la carte menu.

I don't expect a five star dining experience on Carnival, but certainly expect more than a PB&J, ham, or grilled cheese sandwich. Just another change pushing me away from Carnival.

:rolleyes:

Excellent points.

That's me!! 100% willing to add to the bottom line. They still have my BLT but looking forward to trying the new pay options.

And if I can't afford to dish out $5-$7 more dollars for room service one or two nights' date=' I shouldn't be dishing out a couple grand to go on my cruises in the first place.[/quote']

It's been a Carnival brand differentiator (not really a word) all this time.

I think the logic is kind of misguided.

With the generalization you gave, they should just charge everyone a measly $10-14 flat rate for entire cruise to cover the average ordering you established. $2,014 instead of $2,000 when you booked.

People will be pissed that they had expectation of the brand, and inclusions when they booked - only to find out on sailing day that alas FREE RS on Carnival is really no longer thought free and seemingly high favorites were removed or moved into pay per item. To be fair, I don't know the numbers of what gets ordered than than other items in the past 5 years on Carnival ships RS, but it is just a sense reading the boards and social media.

Will I pay extra for some of the new offerings ? maybe, but more likely not.

I will miss some of the previous free offerings, but there are still more than enough on that menu to help me stave of hunger pains without racking up more on my sail and sign account.

Stave off hunger pains on a Carnival cruise ship? Makes NO sense to me.

I walk into RedFrog and the food is flowing more than the drinks sometimes.

I like the roast beef sandwich as well, but the way I see it, there is SO many food options on the ship, that if one thing goes, I just find something else.

Is food free and available in all Red Frog's, or just some of them.

I agree that people will adapt and adjust to something else either during the cruise or in their selection of a cruise/brand. We do all the time.

And I've not seen it said, but perhaps they will prioritize the 'hot item orders' so they are hot. Who knows but that would make sense. Kinda like fttrs (faster to the room service)

That is a great working theory. We will see how it goes.

IMO the new room service menu is geared to the drinkers with the munchies or teenagers . Imagine the surprise some parents are going to get when they see the bills their children run up .

My kids are exactly my concern and they "name" the foods just for teenage boys!

Is food free and available in all Red Frog's, or just some of them.

I agree that people will adapt and adjust to something else either during the cruise or in their selection of a cruise/brand. We do all the time.

I do not believe ANY of the food at the Red Frog is free. :rolleyes: But people love to pay $3.33 for 4 tiny wings.

That's me!! 100% willing to add to the bottom line. They still have my BLT but looking forward to trying the new pay options.

And if I can't afford to dish out $5-$7 more dollars for room service one or two nights' date=' I shouldn't be dishing out a couple grand to go on my cruises in the first place.[/quote']

This irks me a lot. If someone cannot afford to budget in additional costs , that doesnt mean they shouldnt be going on cruises. I cruise on a budget, and while $5-7 isnt going to break me, it isnt something I am going to waste a portion of my spending budget on. I work hard for my money, am under paid and enjoy my vacations, and deserve them as much as someone who makes enough money to drop thousands on a cruise. If thats not how you meant it, I apologize, thats is how I read it.

Stave off hunger pains on a Carnival cruise ship? Makes NO sense to me.

I am talking about late at night, because I dont like pizza. And it is very rare that I have the munchies late at night, but there are some nights when I am just not into the menu in the mdr and dont go. I have a deli sandwich instead, so once in a rare blue moon, I get "hunger pains" or cravings later at night. That is just me. I know that it might not make sense to all, but that is the way I am.;)

This irks me a lot. If someone cannot afford to budget in additional costs , that doesnt mean they shouldnt be going on cruises. I cruise on a budget, and while $5-7 isnt going to break me, it isnt something I am going to waste a portion of my spending budget on. I work hard for my money, am under paid and enjoy my vacations, and deserve them as much as someone who makes enough money to drop thousands on a cruise. If thats not how you meant it, I apologize, thats is how I read it.

Nope, no need to apologize, you read it correct. I'm talking personal expenses and I totally understand what you are saying. I know quite a few people that cruise and walk off with little to no on board purchases. On the other hand I know many many more that get their room key swiped like its free money. And of course Carnival knows this. I also know when new cruisers come to me on advise and what to expect, just about everyone gives me the "wow" look when I tell them you can get room service at 2am for free. We all know Carnival loves the "new" customer and they will accept this change because it's all they know.

They are going to test this on 3 ships. I'll go out on a limb a predict not only will this be a success, it'll be a huge success for Carnival. Like someone said earlier, Carnival is a business.

Edited by Podna's

My goal when cruising is to get the cheapest cabin possible, and walk off the ship with under $100 on my sign and sail account. Weve gone big and spent a ton, I cant say that my experience was any better. Youre right, new cruisers will not know the difference and Carnival will keep this fleet wide and make a huge profit.

None of that extra profit will come from me though. Lol

Edited by ASchaff

Not good to us.....LOL!! Another way to add "upcharges" .....pretty soon even the MDR will be for a cost....as long a pax keep shelling out the bucks to pay for what used to be for FREE!!! (yes, some new additions for a FEE, but where is beef sandwich w/brie and other wonderful choices that were FREE??)

Yep, there is sushi....but that used to be for FREE too, before dinner from the cart.....now an UPCHARGE??? Not fooling us!!

NOTHING has ever been FREE on a cruise. Simply, more things used to be included in the base price. Now, not as many things are included but please don't be duluded into thinking anything was ever free.

Is it still true that the cruise lines still spend less that $10 a day on the passengers for food? They must be giddy with delight to be reading there are those willing to part with more money to pay for those yachts and private planes for food they have already paid for. I don't think anyone is actually eating an extra meal out of this.

Keep it coming. Interesting reading, watching customers willing to freely add to the corporate bottom line.

So, do you have a problem with others spending their hard earned cash as they see fit? If that's the case i could make all kinds of derisive comments about those that purchase Cheers! :rolleyes:

I can't help but wonder if the $6 Cheese and Crackers means they'll stop serving the Cheese platter in the MDR.

Or if the pizza available 24 hours from Room Service means they'll start closing Pirate Pizza early. I'm usually not a cynical person, but it seems to be the trend in all cruise lines (not just Carnival).

Edited by Landlocked_N_Texas

Ah yes miss the good old days, opps I couldn't afford to cruise in the days of the 70's and 80's.

Started cruising around 2000, and now do so a few times a year. I still find it the most reasonable vacation I can do.

Always think I will do room service and after 17 Carnival cruises I have yet to do so. I so rather go to the Lido deck or the MDR with all the choices to pick from.

I did get to sample a few midnight buffets before that to came to an end. But did enjoy a late night offering last July, not as fancy as in its heyday with ice sculptures , but still great for a midnight snack.

Looking forward to my next cruise no matter what, it will still be a great time.

What is disappointing is i see many who book their cruise over a year in advance with certain EXPECTATiONS in place. Then before they sail find that what they thought they were getting has been changed.

It will take more than a few things to discourage me from cruising but if it all becomes ala carte I will choose an alternative to cruising or a line that doesn't nickel dime for the extras. (Only if that exists).

Yes. It seems to me that IF a firm wants to be the most consumer 'centric ' brand they should have, or should, setup web based surveys for things like proposing item changes to room service menu, or adding fees or other sociable adjustments.

Carnival's approach currently seems very sloppy. But they seem to be making some sort of effort, and not all firms do. They provide very short or no telegraphing before implementation, with John Heald tossing out random posts for Facebook users to write dissertations in reply.

Edited by eponym

I won't be paying extra, for some that is great. I love getting on board and everything being paid for already except alcohol (which I don't spend more than 1 drink per day). That being said as long as in 3 years or so they do away with the little free items they have left and charge you for everything I am fine. They have the specialty coffee and cakes which I have never gotten anything from so as long as they still offer free stuff the paid stuff won't bother me as I won't be purchasing anything. That is the main reason I cruise with Carnival, the other cruise lines have way to many other charges.

Count me in as one of those happy to add to the company's bottom line with a paid offering that I'm interested in purchasing to enhance my vacation experience.

I applaud everyone who goes into a cruise vacation with the goal of not spending one additional penny and offer nothing but best wishes that the experience is completely enjoyable.

I go into it with the same mindset - sort of. I am perfectly fine with what is included in the base fare but if something "extra" catches my eye I'll consider the offering and choose based on cost/value.

Nothing detracts from my experience because "for-fee extras" are offered - whether I would be interested in them or wouldn't want to pay for them.

Those that view extras offered as "nickel-and-diming" are IMHO the ones that want anything and everything offered to be included in their base fare. I just don't see how this would function with a budget mass-market cruiseline seeking to attract both the basic traveler along with those who prefer "a little more". There are those types of "all-inclusive" cruiselines out there - they just charge a hefty premium to provide it.

Change is inevitable and companies will continue to adjust their product to satisfy the largest customer base they can to maximize their bottom line. Customers are free to consume the product or make alternative choices.