NEW Room Service Menu Just Posted...

Elaine515

I think this is the best of both worlds. Still have the free stuff but can up charge for the newer hot items. Good idea. I bet they will make a lot of money off of this late at night when people are drunk and don't care about spending the money. lol

I agree. I think they saw how successful the menus were in places like RedFrog and are looking to expand that. Sometimes I just want a snack item between meals, not a full sandwich meal. This adds that option.

Some people say cutbacks, I say modernizing.

6.00 plus tip for cheese and crackers seems a little steep to me. Hope that's a typo.

You can get a cheese platter and fruit in the MDR on the dinner dessert menu. Tell them you want it to go and bring it back to cabin and refrigerate for free.

The desserts are free. The chocolate cake is heavenly.

Oh, they got rid of my favorite veggie sandwich and my mom's favorite shrimp sandwich. Very disappointed in the new menu. I'll never pay extra for room service, but it seems like others are happy with those options, so that's a plus. Just wish they wouldn't cut back on the free offerings. Bring back my sandwich please!

Yep. Not going to be liked and obviously a trend. If the other cruise lines do it too we can expect it to stay and more up-charges. All this is being done with the price of fuel being down. What will it be like when fuel prices go up?

I remember when people used to say they would not pay for water. Well everyone buys bottled water now. We'll show em!

Thus is pretty fare, most still free (esp. Breakfast) and a few upcharge items and tip.

Over at NCL chat board everybody is really complaining about NCL rolling out a "convenience delivery fee" Testing it on Breakaway and Getaway, $4.95 and $7.95 are the two delivery charges being tested. All deliveries even if you just get coffee and danishes... They already have a $5 pizza fee and no 24 hr free pizza or softserve.

My favorite was Assorted Vegetables with Blue Cheese Dressing. I don't see it listed free or additional charge. :(

The veggies and dip are still there (check under 'salads):

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/room-service-nosushi-menu-pdf.ashx

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/room-service-sushi-menu-pdf.ashx

Come on people!! A cruise ship is more like a hotel at sea than anything. Are you really satisfied with the free continental breakfast served at hotels where you pay 2,3 and sometimes 4 times the price per night than on a ship?? Seriously... You're not paying for the food really, you're paying for the convenience of eating shrimp, a hot sandwich, quesadillas, etc. made at a time you'd most likely not find it anywhere else and for the convenience of not having to leave your room to go get your food. Overpriced?? Don't pay for it. Walk up to Lido and get your own. Kudos to Carnival!

The new menu looks great! DH's BLT is still there and the new pay items are reasonably priced. If I don't want to pay for something, I will make sure not to order it. :) It's an option, and up to me whether or not I choose to avail myself of it.