NEW Room Service Menu Just Posted...

Elaine515

I have no problem with charging for specific items. In fact, I'll be on the PRIDE's May 3rd departure, and am looking forward to checking out the new menu.

In the overall scheme of things (the cruise fare paid vs. what's included and what's not), Carnival is still an exceptional bargain. I paid less than $1000 for two for my upcoming PRIDE cruise, and that's in a category 8K extended balcony. For that price, I don't expect them to give away the farm.

When I was researching my options, I took a look at NCL's GETAWAY out of Miami. I found what I initially thought was a good deal....$1550 for two. But then I started adding up all the upcharges (dining, dinner shows, the Ice Bar, etc.) and it nearly doubled in price.

As long as I can order a BLT and a turkey sandwich (I put them together to make a double decker), and the killer chocolate cake, I'll be a happy camper. But I won't slit my wrists if I decide to spring $5.00 for a pan pizza.

I agree. Half the time the food that is supposed to be hot in the Dining Room is lukewarm. What makes them think they can deliver hot food for room service. Wonder how many people will complain about their hot food being delivered warm at best.

I am wondering if orders of hot additional fee items will be given priority over orders of items still available at no additional fee.

I am kind of thinking yes.

They have also removed my favorite of wrap sandwiches and the steak sandwich. I guess they were more expensive to produce.

When did the flan disappear?

I am wondering if orders of hot additional fee items will be given priority over orders of items still available at no additional fee.

I am kind of thinking yes.

They have also removed my favorite of wrap sandwiches and the steak sandwich. I guess they were more expensive to produce.

When did the flan disappear?

There was flan?

I have no problem with charging for specific items. In fact, I'll be on the PRIDE's May 3rd departure, and am looking forward to checking out the new menu.

In the overall scheme of things (the cruise fare paid vs. what's included and what's not), Carnival is still an exceptional bargain. I paid less than $1000 for two for my upcoming PRIDE cruise, and that's in a category 8K extended balcony. For that price, I don't expect them to give away the farm.

When I was researching my options, I took a look at NCL's GETAWAY out of Miami. I found what I initially thought was a good deal....$1550 for two. But then I started adding up all the upcharges (dining, dinner shows, the Ice Bar, etc.) and it nearly doubled in price.

As long as I can order a BLT and a turkey sandwich (I put them together to make a double decker), and the killer chocolate cake, I'll be a happy camper. But I won't slit my wrists if I decide to spring $5.00 for a pan pizza.

I agree, Linerguy, that the new room service menu is sufficient. The only thing else I would like to have is hot breakfast from room service--even if it is just the addition of fried eggs or omelets. That is one thing I enjoy on other cruise lines that Carnival lacks from room service is hot breakfast.

• 1 month later...
I agree, Linerguy, that the new room service menu is sufficient. The only thing else I would like to have is hot breakfast from room service--even if it is just the addition of fried eggs or omelets. That is one thing I enjoy on other cruise lines that Carnival lacks from room service is hot breakfast.

I think it will be a long time before we see hot breakfasts, if ever, unless they do away with the card hanger. The only reason I say that is I don't think they could get eggs to your cabin and have them still be hot. They would need a lot more runners than they have today. From the galley to deck 8 is a long way, even if the runner was right there when it was complete, I don't think the customer would consider it much of a hot breakfast

I think it will be a long time before we see hot breakfasts, if ever, unless they do away with the card hanger. The only reason I say that is I don't think they could get eggs to your cabin and have them still be hot. They would need a lot more runners than they have today. From the galley to deck 8 is a long way, even if the runner was right there when it was complete, I don't think the customer would consider it much of a hot breakfast

Actually the room service food does not come from the galley - I believe there is a 'dedicated' room service kitchen (I think on deck 6?) that assembles/delivers the orders....but I agree food most likely will not be as hot as required?

Edited by Froufie

Other lines manage it and that is with the door hanger.

I don't expect to ever see it on Carnival either, but not because it cant be done.