Does Vista Suite on Veendam Qualify for Double Mariner Days

missmishka

We're booked on the Veendam November 5th Mexican Riveria cruise and I was wondering if a Vista Suite is considered a real suite and qualifies for double Mariner days. Thanks for the help!

I wouldn't call it a suite, but HAL does so yes, it qualifies.

Thanks much! I'm also wondering if it qualifies as a suite for the new anniversary promotion? Think I'll call my TA and see if it does.

Yes the Vista Suite Qualifies for the suite benefits from the Anniversary promotion

So, it can be any cabin with the word suite that garners double Mariner? Thought only double Mariner points were for Neptune and Pinnacle "suites"

If "suite" is in the name, it qualifies to the best of my knowledge.

Yes, the Veendam "Vista Suite" does qualify for double even though it's really just a verandah cabin.

On the larger ships, it has to be the "Suite" (SY, etc.) to qualify. A "plain Verandah" does not.

Koningsdam will have Vista Suites, too, so we can't say this much longer!

No "suite bonus cruise day credits" show up online for our Veendam cruise in a vista suite in January. I may not have paid a published fare.

"Suite Bonus When you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise you'll not only enjoy special amenities, but you'll also qualify for double cruise day credits. For example, a guest who pays published fare for suite accommodations for a 10-day cruise earns 20 cruise day credits."

I do not consider a vista suite a suite, nor do I consider a neptune suite a suite as they are not a "A series of connected rooms used as a living unit." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/suite

We got our bonus for staying in a Vista Suite on her (223) last May. As above poster mentioned, pay attention to what you're paying though. If you get a great deal, the trade-off could be no bonus received. (I never get good deals, so no worries there for me, haha).

No "suite bonus cruise day credits" show up online for our Veendam cruise in a vista suite in January. I may not have paid a published fare.

"Suite Bonus When you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise you'll not only enjoy special amenities, but you'll also qualify for double cruise day credits. For example, a guest who pays published fare for suite accommodations for a 10-day cruise earns 20 cruise day credits."

I do not consider a vista suite a suite, nor do I consider a neptune suite a suite as they are not a "A series of connected rooms used as a living unit." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/suite

If it was an upsell or upgrade you won't ge it, but if you paid for the category you should and contact the Mariner Society for your credits.

• 10 months later...

To get double cruise day credits,

If you book a Neptune suite does it have to be booked through Holland America to get the double credit?

If you pay a reduced published fare for the same Neptune suite through a third party does this count for double credit?

What is considered a "Published Fare"?

DH and I received the double credits for the Mariner points on two previous HAL cruises when we received phone calls from HAL to upgrade from verandah cabins to Neptune Suites. We did not originally book the Neptune Suites and received the double days anyway. I believe a previous response was that the double credits are not awarded for upsells or upgrades. That was not the case for us. Our upcoming Maasdam cruise in April will be a Neptune Suite, but that is the category we booked.

DH and I received the double credits for the Mariner points on two previous HAL cruises when we received phone calls from HAL to upgrade from verandah cabins to Neptune Suites. We did not originally book the Neptune Suites and received the double days anyway. I believe a previous response was that the double credits are not awarded for upsells or upgrades. That was not the case for us. Our upcoming Maasdam cruise in April will be a Neptune Suite, but that is the category we booked.

The reason you got the Double Mariner days was because you had originally booked a Vista Suite which is what the Verandah is on the S and R Class ships. If you were on a Signature Class or Vista Class and went from a regular balcony to a Neptune (highly unlikely this is rarely offered) you would NOT have gotten the Double Mariner Days on an Up Sell Offer.

The S and R class ships have a lower ratio of veranda rooms to overall rooms, therefor the cost of the veranda rooms on S and R class ships is usually considerably higher compared to veranda rooms of the larger ships. I suspect that this is a factor in awarding the bonus on the veranda rooms of smaller ships and not on the larger ships. Just my thoughts and speculation. m--

What ships were these on? On HAL's smaller ships, such as the Maasdam, the veranda cabins are classified as Vista veranda "suites", so they qualify for double points.

On the larger HAL ships, basically the same size cabins are just classified as verandas, without the word suite in the same. These do not qualify for the double days.

Confusing I know.

Edited by DaveOKC