Please post your planned or completed itinerary

AryMay

We are sailing on the Disney Wonder this September from Honolulu:

We will fly into HNL 2 days before our cruise and stay both nights at Disney's fabulous Aulani Resort (yep, been there 3 times, it's amazing!)

Wednesday: Aulani Day- breakfast at AMA AMA, run a quick errand to Target and/or Costco in Kapolei, then back to Aulani to enjoy all the offerings there including the fabulous live Hawaiian music nightly in their lounges. Can't wait!

Thursday: Check out of Aulani and take taxi into the Port for an early PAT and start enjoying one of my favorite Disney ships along with my DD#2 who has never been to Hawaii! :D

Friday: Maui/ Disembark first thing in Kahului where we will spend 2 days. I have car rental secured and will do lunch at Mama's Fish House, Paia and then go over to West Maui to spend the afternoon shopping and sightseeing until our Feast at Lele luau that evening, then back to the ship to sleep.

Saturday: Maui/ Disembark, grab our rental car and head upcountry to meet some friends that will be on island the same time. Yay!!! Then we will probably do Iao Needle/Valley and go out to Ho'okipa to watch the surfers and windsurfers. Possibly hit the Swap Meet first thing. Not sure… On one of our 2 Maui days we will drive up to Kapalua and to the Nakalele Blowhole, then turn around and come back. We will also one day or the other drive down to South Maui to Wailea for some specific shopping errands.

Sunday: Hilo/Big Island - we will meet Marylou's Tours for a private tour that day including VNP, a waterfall or 2, a couple of beaches and Big Island Candies. That's a way better stop IMHO than Mauna Loa candies! Plus, we will likely make a stop at KTA for some poke! Mmmmmm!

Monday: Nawiliwili/Kauai - Taking a photo tour with Kauai Photo Tours. Hope to see lots of great sites including the Kilauea Lighthouse, Haleiwa and Ke'e Beach among others! If we have time at the end of the tour we will make a quick stop at Duke's for a beverage and to enjoy our last moments in Hawaii before taking off for Vancouver, BC.

Tuesday: At Sea Day. Sleep in after getting as much possible time ashore in Hawaii as possible! Chill until our dinner at Palo that night after the evening show.

Wednesday: Sea Day/Spa Day with DD#2 and just relaxing around the ship and on our verandah. We plan to take in lots of Hawaiian cultural activities onboard on all those sea days.

Thursday: Sea Day/Brunch at Palo (adults only restaurant and it's DIVINE!) w/DD#2. Then just take it easy enjoying our day, DD will likely try to sunbathe while I read and catch up with some friends that will be on the same sailing.

Friday: Sea Day/Another Spa Day for the 2 of us! We will definitely go to the shows each night, enjoy some quiet time in the Cadillac Lounge and some verandah time watching the Pacific go by.

Saturday; Sea Day: enjoy our last full day of our wonderful vacation and finish any onboard shopping. Enjoy the last night's show and just in general, relax.

Edited by southerngirl528

• 3 weeks later...

Perfectly timed thread for me as we have just decided on a hawaii/cruise vacation for our 25th in May of '17. The only thing that would make this thread even better is if posters come back and let us know if they were happy with what they chose to see or do and if they would recommend the company that they used. :) Hope that I'm not asking for too much.:o

Perfectly timed thread for me as we have just decided on a hawaii/cruise vacation for our 25th in May of '17. The only thing that would make this thread even better is if posters come back and let us know if they were happy with what they chose to see or do and if they would recommend the company that they used. :) Hope that I'm not asking for too much.:o

Awesome idea!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree will post my review when i return

on the carnival legend leaving SEPTEMBER 15, out of Vancouver BC

just finalized my excursions and tours, no PRE tours scheduled but 7 days post

Honolulu stay.

1. check in waikiki resort hotel, beach time then HONOLULU SUNSET DINNER CRUISE W/SHOW

2. pearl harbor and sightseeing tour

3. parasailing and beach time Waikiki

4. polynesian cultural center and luau

5. horseback oceanfront trail ride

6. islandwater sport underwater scooter

HILO,KONA, Kauai.and MAUI all excursions will be by ROBERTS TOURS

i'm on vacation so do not drive all post tours have complementary hotel

pick/up and drop off

ALASKA CC 8/16/2016 NEXT CRUISE already in planning stage

Honolulu stay.

1. check in waikiki resort hotel, beach time then HONOLULU SUNSET DINNER CRUISE W/SHOW

pick/up and drop off

Telebax51--where on Oahu are you doing the horseback oceanfront trail ride? I will be spending time pre and post cruise on Oahu and this sounds like something I would love to do.

Honolulu stay.

pick/up and drop off

Excellent. I look forward to reading your reviews. :)

Telebax51--where on Oahu are you doing the horseback oceanfront trail ride? I will be spending time pre and post cruise on Oahu and this sounds like something I would love to do.

HI Cruisn DEB

GOOGLE TOM BAREFOOT's TOURS,

THEN HAWAII TOURS AND ACTIVITIES

THEN HORSEBACK RIDING TOURS

SCROLL DOWN TO HAWAII POLO TRAIL RIDES

looking to X off all my bucket list see all soon

HI Cruisn DEB

GOOGLE TOM BAREFOOT's TOURS,

THEN HAWAII TOURS AND ACTIVITIES

THEN HORSEBACK RIDING TOURS

SCROLL DOWN TO HAWAII POLO TRAIL RIDES

looking to X off all my bucket list see all soon

Thanks! I will check them out.

It's still a work in progress, but this is what we are considering:

Tuesday -

Fly from Houston to Maui. Pick up jeep rental. Stop by the grocery store and check into our condo in Kihei

Wednesday -

Road to Hana with Maui Custom Tours. Using our own rental, they drive us so we can enjoy the views. This way they can keep us on track so we make the most use of our day. Plan on getting some hikes in along the way. Visit to Waianapanapa State Park to see black sand beaches, Pipiwai Trail, Oheo Gulch, and nice overlooks/waterfall views. Leaving up to the tour guide to take us to the best spots. We hope to pick their brains on what to see and do in Maui while on the island.

Thursday -

Scuba diving trip to Molikini Crater with Prodiver Maui in the morning. Will hit the beaches in South Maui in the afternoon.

Friday -

Morning hike with a visit to Iao Valley. Drive over to West Maui / Lahaina area. Kaanapali Beach, snorkel off Black Rock, walk the Kapalua Coastal Trail, shop at Whaler's Village, check out Dragon's Teeth and the Nakalele Blowhole. Use the guidebook "Maui Revealed" to walk us through our day depending on how we feel.

Saturday -

Check out of condo. Return rental and fly over to Honolulu to board the Pride of America. Tranfer to ship with Roberts Hawaii. Get settled in and celebrate our sailaway.

Sunday -

Back to Maui. Rent car and drive to Haleakala Crater. Hike the Sliding Sands Trail. Perhaps stay until sunset. May be a day to fit in whatever we missed the first few days in Maui.

Monday -

Maui - Waterfall rappelling excursion with NCL. Dinner at Cagney's on the PoA.

Tuesday -

Hilo - Rent a car and drive to Volcano National Park. Visit the black sand beaches and stop by Akaka Falls.

Wednesday -

Kona -

Captain Zodiac Raft, Snorkel, and Dolphin Adventure with NCL in morning. Hang out on the beach or wander the town next to port. Dinner at Jefferson's Bistro that evening.

Thursday -

Kauai -

Renting vehicle to drive up to Kee Beach. Hike the Kalaulau Trail along the Napali Coast to Hanakapiai Falls.

Friday -

Kauai -

Still undecided. We may hang out on the beach in Poipu or drive to Waimea Canyon that morning. May decide to head to Queen's Bath or hit the northside again. Evening sail along the NaPali Coast.

Saturday -

Honolulu -

Disembark and take a taxi to day room in Waikiki. 8am check in and drop off our luggage. Take The Bus to hike Diamond Head. Spend rest of the day hanging at Waikiki Beach. Back to the hotel for a quick shower and change. Using Hawaii23 transfer from hotel to airport to fly back to Houston that evening.

Sunday -

Post trip depression setting in.....

This is a work in progress and will probably be altered as we pick up ideas from other travellers. We arrive in Hawaii 7 weeks from today. Can't wait!

Saturday -

Check out of condo. Return rental and fly over to Honolulu to board the Pride of America. Tranfer to ship with Roberts Hawaii. Get settled in and celebrate our sailaway.

Sunday -

Back to Maui. Rent car and drive to Haleakala Crater. Hike the Sliding Sands Trail. Perhaps stay until sunset. May be a day to fit in whatever we missed the first few days in Maui.

Just wondering...would it be possible to just wait and board the POA in Maui on Sunday?

Saturday -

Honolulu -

Disembark and take a taxi to day room in Waikiki. 8am check in and drop off our luggage.

Could you share where you found a place to rent a day room in Waikiki? Cost?

Just wondering...would it be possible to just wait and board the POA in Maui on Sunday?

Could you share where you found a place to rent a day room in Waikiki? Cost?

I thought about skipping embarkation in Honolulu but the interisland flights are relatively cheap. It was just as cost effective to fly over and enjoy a day on the ship as it was to spend another night in Maui.

I found a post on here that the Royal Grove offers day rooms so I contacted them. We are able to rent a studio from 8:00-5:00pm for $70. It's not fancy but only 2 blocks from the beach in Waikiki. We don't intend to do anything but store our luggage and shower before heading to the airport for a long flight home.

Love the idea about renting a day room at Royal Grove. I just sent them an email asking about availibilty when we get off the ship.They do not take short stay reservations until 30 days prior to that date. But they will rent a day room if they hve availability within that 30 day window.

Edited by marathonrunner123
spelling,more info

Love the idea about renting a day room at Royal Grove. I just sent them an email asking about availibilty when we get off the ship.They do not take short stay reservations until 30 days prior to that date. But they will rent a day room if they hve availability within that 30 day window.

I guess I got lucky because I was able to confirm it 8 weeks in advance. I will make sure to reconfirm it once I get within 30 days just in case.

• 1 month later...

Day 3 - Maui - Car rental in Kahului witha a drive to Paia and do some of the road to Hana. Then head on the NCL excursion to the Haleakala crater for the sunset tour.

Hi Alexa - have you considered keeping the rental and doing the drive up Haleakala yourselves? I think you might find it to be a short time & maybe a bit rushed to pick up the rental, explore on your own, and then have to return the car and get back to the ship in time for your sunset your.

With a rental, you could do what you had originally planned - although I'd keep the Road to Hana portion short and explore some of upcountry before heading up Haleakala. It would be nice to have the flexibility to spend more time at the summit if you wanted to do a short hike before sunset. You could stop for lunch on the way up or dinner on the way down at Kula Lodge restaurant.

We just completed the following 13 days, including a POA cruise.....

Day 1 - very long direct flight, check in to Outrigger Reef on the Beach, wonder around shopping, grab something to eat

Day 2 - Roberts NS/Dole/Polynesian Cultural Center tour (full day), dinner in hotel

Day 3 - Diamond Head, jet ski, beach time and Germaines Luau

Day 4 - Pearl Harbor, King statue and Palace, Dukes for dinner, watch fireworks

Day 5 - shopping in the morning, board POA at noon

Day 6 - Maui - rental car for Iao Needle, Haleakala, and Lahaina.

Day 7 - Maui - rental car for Ocean Center and beach. Return car around 3:30.

Day 8 - Hilo - Big Island Aina Tours for VNP, macadamia nut, orchid farm, rainbow falls and black sand beach.

Day 9 - Kona - walk down Alii to shopping then some time at the beach next to the tender dock. Back on board early...about 1 I think.

Day 10 - Kauai - rental car for Waimea Canyon, spouting horn, opaekaa falls and wailua falls.

Day 11 - Kauai - free trolley to shopping and beach

Day 12 - disembark at 9am and go to Hilton Hawaiian Village for check in. A day at the beach, pool, lagoon and surf lessons.

Day 13 - swimming and walk on the beach. Head to airport at 12:15 for a long flight home.

We just completed the following 13 days, including a POA cruise.....

Day 1 - very long direct flight, check in to Outrigger Reef on the Beach, wonder around shopping, grab something to eat

Day 2 - Roberts NS/Dole/Polynesian Cultural Center tour (full day), dinner in hotel

Day 3 - Diamond Head, jet ski, beach time and Germaines Luau

Day 4 - Pearl Harbor, King statue and Palace, Dukes for dinner, watch fireworks

Day 5 - shopping in the morning, board POA at noon

Day 6 - Maui - rental car for Iao Needle, Haleakala, and Lahaina.

Day 7 - Maui - rental car for Ocean Center and beach. Return car around 3:30.

Day 8 - Hilo - Big Island Aina Tours for VNP, macadamia nut, orchid farm, rainbow falls and black sand beach.

Day 9 - Kona - walk down Alii to shopping then some time at the beach next to the tender dock. Back on board early...about 1 I think.

Day 10 - Kauai - rental car for Waimea Canyon, spouting horn, opaekaa falls and wailua falls.

Day 11 - Kauai - free trolley to shopping and beach

Day 12 - disembark at 9am and go to Hilton Hawaiian Village for check in. A day at the beach, pool, lagoon and surf lessons.

Day 13 - swimming and walk on the beach. Head to airport at 12:15 for a long flight home.

How was the Roberts NS/Dole/PCC day?

• 1 month later...

So glad this thread was recommended! I will continue reading it and tweaking my schedule as I learn more.

Here is my plan. Hopefully it will help a little bit for others planning the same trip.

Please, critique and judge the heck out of it. Any advice is appreciated!

Day 1: Honolulu - fly in, rent a car, hotel, dinner, beach and walking around

Day 2: Oahu - Diamond Head, North Shore drive

Day 3: Oahu -hit a beach we missed due to crowding, Polyn. Cultural Center

Day 4: Oahu - sleep in, check out, return car, head to port

Day 5: Maui - Hana Hwy, possibly Haleakala Ntl. Park if time

Day 6: Maui - possibly Haleakala Ntl Park if we keep car 2 days, whale watch

Day 7: Hilo - Akaka, Kahuna & Rainbow falls, Richardson State Park, VNP

Day 8: Kona - shuttle to beach & snorkel

Day 9: Kauai - Na Pali boat & snorkel tour

Day 10:Kauai - helicopter ride

Day 11: disembark, head home

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 10 trip itinerary. I'll be traveling with elderly parents so need to take it easy. I would welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

Day 1: Honolulu - fly in at 6 am, shuttle ride to Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber, pick up Enterprise rental car, breakfast at Koko Head Café, visit Byodo-in Temple, Polynesian Cultural Center and Dole Plantation

Day 2: Oahu - Half day Pearl Harbor with Roberts Hawaii Tour, lunch, downtown Honolulu with Iolani Palance

Day 3: Oahu -Diamond Head, Relax on Waikiki Beach then take the noon shuttle to the pier

Day 4: Maui – 8 AM Rental car and do part of Hana Hwy, then Haleakala National Park and Lahaina for Old Lahaina Luau dinner

Day 5: Maui - Iao Needle, Maui Ocean Center and Beach and drop off car at 3:30 pm

Day 6: Hilo - 6 hour Marylou's Tour (Volcano N. P., Orchid Farm, Hilo Coffee Mill, Mauna Loa Candy Far, Liliuokalani Japanese Garden, Coconut Island, Richardson's Black Sand Beach)

Day 7: Kona - 6 hour Marylou's Tour (Magic Sands Beach, Turtle Bay, Coffee Plantation, Kealakekua Bay, Pu'U Honaunau National Park, Kona Coffee Museum, Mauka Meadows)

Day 8: Kauai - 10 AM Alamo rental car to Waimea Canyon and beach and drop off car by 8 pm.

Day 9 :Kauai - NCL tour to Fern Grotto and Boat Ride

Day 10: disembark, taxi to airport to pick up rental car and visit Hanauma Bay before 4 pm flight back home to Boston.

For the past several years, I've been taking the POA in February, for my whale watching. :) I arrive a week earlier, flying to Kona. I rent a one way rental car to Hilo. I spend the week between the two areas, with a lot of snorkeling out Kona. I've also done Mauna Kea a few times, which is excellent. I fly to Honolulu the day of the cruise, renting cars every day for my touring.

Upon disbarking, I stay on Oahu a few days, with a car and spend some time on the north shore, I do enjoy the "tourist" spots, and hit the Dole Plantation for a Dole whip at least with my transits. :) I then fly to Maui and spend another week there, again with a rental car, taking several snorkel trips and whale watching. I greatly enjoy the Road to Hana.

I've done this same itinerary at least 5 times, and enjoy the repeat- every trip. :)

I'll be traveling with elderly parents so need to take it easy. I would welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

Day 4: Maui – 8 AM Rental car and do part of Hana Hwy, then Haleakala National Park and Lahaina for Old Lahaina Luau dinner

If your parents need to take it easy, your Day 4 schedule is pushing it. Old Lahaina Luau won't let out until 8:15 p.m., which means you won't be back to the ship until after 9:00 p.m. That's thirteen hours or more that you will be in action. Can they take that??