legal drinking age for a Bermuda voyage?

Vitamin_Sea

JUst want to know minimum drinking age

thanks

Yep -- it's 21 on the ship, but the legal drinking age is 18 on Bermuda -- according to this link from Frommers'. The Bermudans have some quirky alcohol rules. For instance you can possess alcohol in public, but you can't walk around with it. That rule seems to includes beaches and public events, like Harbor Nights. You can purchase and enjoy your drink in the outdoor section of a restaurant, but you can't leave with it -- at least, that's what we were told, last year.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/749126#sthash.ijAZubJQ.dpbs

Edited by wwcruisers

Yep -- it's 21 on the ship, but the legal drinking age is 18 on Bermuda -- according to this link from Frommers'. The Bermudans have some quirky alcohol rules. For instance you can possess alcohol in public, but you can't walk around with it. That rule seems to includes beaches and public events, like Harbor Nights. You can purchase and enjoy your drink in the outdoor section of a restaurant, but you can't leave with it -- at least, that's what we were told, last year.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/749126#sthash.ijAZubJQ.dpbs

crap,,, That sucks... I dont want her drinking!

Hope she dont find this out

The Celebrity policy for legal drinking age is clearly explained in the FAQ on the Celebrity website.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

That link is is horrible. I couldn't find the answer to the OP's question which is probably why they came here to ask the question. With that said I do remember reading on the Celebrity site that the drinking age is 21. I happened to come across it by accident which pretty much sums up their website.

I found it under on board experience with the beverage package

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq1995

Edited by Iamcruzin

crap,,, That sucks... I dont want her drinking!

Hope she dont find this out

Oh - if she wants to know, she will find out. :eek:

We cruised to Bermuda in 2007 and our youngest was 19 at the time. We clearly told him the drinking age was 21 on the ship - and in fact, RCCL (I know - different cruise line) made him sign something indicating he understood the drinking age and could be kicked off the ship for violating that restriction.

He definitely found out that he could legally drink in Bermuda - and with the overnight docking - he did not return to the ship until well after 3am that one morning. Small world that it is - he had found some folks on the cruise from our home city - who he went out partying with. It's hard to ground them on a cruise ship :(

Good Luck!

JUst want to know minimum drinking age

thanks

It's not mentioned in the FAQ, but on my last cruise on the Reflection, I believe those 18+ could drink in the Sky Observation lounge after midnight. I recall the same on the Summit the year previous.

It's not mentioned in the FAQ, but on my last cruise on the Reflection, I believe those 18+ could drink in the Sky Observation lounge after midnight. I recall the same on the Summit the year previous.

The drinking age of 21 and over sailing from North America is very clear on Celebrity's website.

If you saw otherwise, it should have been reported.

The drinking age of 21 and over sailing from North America is very clear on Celebrity's website.

If you saw otherwise, it should have been reported.

I'm pretty sure it's official. They had security personnel outside the lounge to check SeaPass cards to verify age.

I'm pretty sure it's official. They had security personnel outside the lounge to check SeaPass cards to verify age.

So Celebrity allows 18+ to drink even though they clearly state it is 21+?

I would love to see what happens when an 18+ drinks too much (since they may never have been able to drink at all before their cruise) and then somehow "falls" off their balcony and drowns.

So now Celebrity is directly responsible for supplying an underage drinker with liquor.

Can we say major "LAWSUIT"?

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood what you observed.

You "believe"? C'mon...really?

So Celebrity allows 18+ to drink even though they clearly state it is 21+?

I would love to see what happens when an 18+ drinks too much (since they may never have been able to drink at all before their cruise) and then somehow "falls" off their balcony and drowns.

So now Celebrity is directly responsible for supplying an underage drinker with liquor.

Can we say major "LAWSUIT"?

My daily from two years ago in Bermuda clearly states 21 is the drinking age on the ship.

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood what you observed.

I suppose it's possible those 18+ were merely permitted into lounge after midnight but without permission to drink, though that seems kind of silly to me that they'd permit those under 21 into a drinking establishment if they aren't indeed allowed to drink.

My daily from two years ago in Bermuda clearly states 21 is the drinking age on the ship.

This was one year ago I first saw this, not a Bermuda cruise, and the exception only applied to the Sky Observation lounge after midnight. Otherwise, the drinking age aboard the ship is still 21. I assumed it was something they were test driving before having it go fleetwide.

My understanding is that when venues like Sky Lounge become dance clubs and it gets late they do not admit those under 18. Those 18 to 20 are admitted but are not served.

Edited by go noles

I suppose it's possible those 18+ were merely permitted into lounge after midnight but without permission to drink, though that seems kind of silly to me that they'd permit those under 21 into a drinking establishment if they aren't indeed allowed to drink.

Probably a third of the public areas are "drinking establishments".

Do you think those under 21 should be barred from all these areas? Reflections, Rendezvous lounge, Sunset bar, Pool Bar areas, restaurants?

My understanding is that when venues like Sky Lounge become dance clubs and it gets late they do not admit those under 18. Those 18 to 20 are admitted but are not served.

That's exactly how it is on other cruise lines - after a certain time at night

(11:00PM on NCL for example), certain clubs are 18+.

Drinking age doesn't change - that is ALWAYS 21+.

Edited by DinaS

Fair enough. I assumed those 18-20 were also being served in addition to being admitted to the club, but I suppose it's possible they were simply allowed in without being served drinks.

I guess it varies from Celebrity ship because my 16 year old was in there until they closed it down at 3 am. I woke up at 2:45 to go to the bathroom and he still wasnt back so I got worried...sure enough I walked all the way to the lounge there he was! W/ a bunch of other teens pouring out of the night club :eek::rolleyes:

18 and over could go in after 11:00pm, but they could not drink. The room becomes a night club for 18 and over after about 11:00pm and there is a sign there designating it as such.