A bit of a dilemma

Many thanks for your good wishes and suggestions.

I am going to sleep on it before making any decisions .

It has been helpfull reading everyone's opinions.

I don't need to worry over him reading cruise critic, he never does !

Also he wouldn't be suspicious at me being on cruise critic as I am a bit of an addict:):)

Could I lie to him, hell yes ........for the last 40 years he thinks I have had some damn good shoe bargains ! ::)

My birthday is in 4 days, I may have to wait till then.

I will promise to keep all my CC friends updated

Also he wouldn't be suspicious at me being on cruise critic as I am a bit of an addict:):)

Could I lie to him, hell yes ........for the last 40 years he thinks I have had some damn good shoe bargains ! ::)

Maybe he is planning to tell you on your birthday so you can pack what you want. I would wait until then to tell him about the call.

I hope you decided to keep quiet. My sister and I pulled off a surprise cruise for our hubbies last September, including all of our kids flying in and joining us on the cruise. It was SO stressful! We couldn't wait to get to the day so we could relax! We pulled it off but it wasn't easy! Even if you know the surprise, let him think he surprised you. Why spoil his fun? In any even, have the time of your life and Happy Birthday!!!

I vote that you don't say anything! He will be so proud of himself that he was able to keep it a secret, that he might be really disappointed if he learned that you found out.

I think my DH is also trying to surprise me for my b-day on our upcoming cruise by having some kind of b-day package. I figured out that something was up when I saw the credit card statement. But, I haven't said anything to him, because he would be bummed that its not a surprise anymore.

Happy Birthday and have fun!!! :D

Too Funny! In my case, clothes too. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful cruise! p.s. keep it secret

Keep it quiet, then throw him a surprise on the ship.

Tell him he was picked by the Captain to enjoy a special Spa Massage or Romantic Dinner, etc.

Make him feel special with a favorite of his, whether he knows it's from you or not.

I'm hoping you'll report back on whatever you do. This is intriguing.

Good luck and have a wonderful time!

Where are you supposed to be thinking your going on a vacation? Is it somewhere where you would probably pack the same type of clothes or pretty close to the same type of clothes. Or is it something like camping?

If you think you would indeed pack completely different for the cruise then I would mention it if he notes what you pack. If it is going to be pretty much the same then I would not say a word.

Love the shoe bit......been there done that LOL

Have fun not matter what!

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

--->OP's latest comments in Post 51 - :)

Not exactly the same but....

I had planned for 6 months my hubby's surprise 40th bday present.

I had researched and booked him a trip to LA to see Teemu's jersey be retired. Also, got him tickets to his beloved JETS playing in LA and in Anaheim, booked his hotels, booked his flights etc. Arranged for 3 friends to go with him... so he had a wonderful weekend with his buddies etc!

I had worked and saved up the money my self for the whole thing.

I used our "travel credit card" The one we ONLY use for emergencies when we are out of the country if something should go wrong with our visa. I needed a credit card to reserve the flights and hotel rooms, and had paid the purchases off before the bill came each month so the balance was always zero.

I had planned 40 different hockey trivia clues to get him to the 40 days before he left for his 40th bday weekend.

Wouldn't you know it.

Our credit card number was stolen. And when the company called to go over the expenses they told him about the hotel rooms/flights booked and tickets purchased for the whole weekend. Even though the purchased had been paid off they had to go over the last 6 months of transactions.

I was only 13 days away from telling him but none the less it completely ruined the surprise and I was heartbroken!

I had worked so hard at doing everything without him knowing and it was gone in a second.

Trust me, play dumb and know that the surprise is a HUGE part of the fun for your husband.

Enjoy your trip and congrats on having such a kind hearted man in your life!

Today I took a phone call from a representative of Royal Caribbean asking why we had not booked any dining options on our Anthem cruise in 2 weeks .

I explained that we were not booked on Anthem of the seas !

He insisted we had a reservation for the inaugural cruise out of Southampton on the 22nd April.

He advised me of our Stateroom number and the names of the passengers which appears to be me and my husband .

After pondering this all afternoon, I think I know what my birthday suprise off my husband is.

Yes we are on holiday for 2 weeks starting the 20th of April, yes he has told me he has a suprise lined up for me and to wait and see what it is.

Dilemma....Number 1 .. Do I tell him I now know what he has done for my birthday or. .. Do I act dumb ?

The poor guy at RCI did appear mortified to think he had let the cat out of the bag , he did say he would call again when my husband was home .

Dilemma number 2 .... How the hell am I going to hide how excited I am about Anthem ?

Also I am chuffed my husband does actually listen to what I say, I mentioned over a year ago how I would love to see this ship

I say you mess with him. Tell him "Surprise" I booked us on Anthem of the seas andf we leave in two weeks..

wait for the look on his face...

priceless!

I would probably tell him. Maybe even set a special date night to show him how much you appreciate it and that you are not part of the planning process. Or maybe have a special night and "surprise" him saying you booked a cruise.

Have fun.

Now that would be fun to watch..."Honey, I can't contain my excitement any more. I just have to tell you that I booked a cruise for my birthday!" LOL

I vote for keeping quite. My surprise wasn't a cruise but our engagement. I figured out his proposal plan but acted surprised and 20 years later he has no idea I knew. He got his perfect proposal and I really was just as excited! When he finally does tell you trust me you won't have to act surprised, you will finally be able to show your excitement.

Something similar happened to me once and I acted like I didn't know which turned out to be the right decision. Just think about how your husband will feel either way and you'll know which is the right decision. Either way, have a great cruise!

what a lovely husband you have! I'm sure he would be gutted if he found out RCI had spoiled his surprise. But then if it was me I'd be bursting at the seems to say something. I agree with the previous poster who said mention the phone call but very blase and see if he tells you or keeps up the pretense.

How exciting!! and happy birthday x

I just thought of something with this. What if it actually wasnt your husband that booked it. Maybe it was a friend or relative. You know anyone else going on this cruise?

Well, I want that friend or relative that books a cruise for someone else. I assume they also paid for it.:D

Sue!!! First, Happy belated birthday! Second, how did it go? Did it get mentioned at all yet? Dying to know how this is turning out and I agree 100% with you not mentioning that call!!! What a wonderful husband you have to do this for you!! WOW!!!!

Holly :D