UBP You Now Can Pay The Difference

fsls40

But does it still include the 18% gratuities? I don't see it mentioned anywhere, unless I'm missing it :confused:

The 18% gratuity is added to the bill for an individual drink or to the package price of the UBP a at the time of purchase. If you got the package as a freebie, it is already included.

This is terrific news! I had seen a few people recently reporting this, but good to see something official so we know for sure. Even with the recent giant price increases on drinks, it still seemed like people were having trouble finding anything over $11, but in the event someone wants one, they can now still get UBP benefit.

The 18% gratuity is added to the bill for an individual drink or to the package price of the UBP a at the time of purchase. If you got the package as a freebie, it is already included.

Thanks for this. I was worried by a few of the other postings.

Thanks for posting this and it will be nice to have this option as the UBP is now configured. It stands to reason that they are not going to put something in place that they will lose revenue they are now collecting. My guess is that we are about to see a lot more brands designated as "super premium" brands, making the price go above $11. I hope I'm wrong, but they way things are going recently, I fear I'm not.

Aren't we 'glad' (please, note - sarcasm :rolleyes:) the web site language - IMO - is finally coming around & getting ahead of the blind curve, the right hand - hopefully - knowing, what the left hand is doing, so to speak.

This, I feel, IMO - gives them CYA hard hat shielding for increases & grandfathered the value of one's purchase for 2015, for 2016 and even 2017 for those book early devotees - that your promo has 'residual' values, no matter how high prices go up in 12, 18, 24 or 36 months. :D

Next, I guess - they are, IMO, going to insert/amend/modify/change or simply rewrite terms with an automatic COLA to give them carte blanche for doing so. I know, I know ... it's a business and for-profit entity.

Edited by mking8288

A lot of sarcasm and skepticism here... :D

But this is fantastic news to me, makes the UBP more flexible and closer in line with RCL (though still not as good).

Now I just have to wonder what changes they'll make in the next 14 months before I actually cruise with the UBP. :confused:

What drinks are over $11?
A few wines by the glass (see the new wine list), a few ultra-premium liquor brands (some of which are listed in the new bar menu, but without prices), and probably some cocktails (which you can only find out by asking the bartender).

The new $11 credit for higher priced drinks is great news for people who are interested in those drinks. I have no idea if they are doing this to butter people up in preparation for further price increases. After all, the base price of the UBP did not go up in price last month, even though the terms became more advantageous, and most of the individual drink prices went up. But in the meantime, a drink that would have cost me $12 before, on top of the package cost, will now only cost $1. It's hard for me to find anything to complain about there.

I already thought the UBP was a fantastic deal. Then they made it free on my last and my next cruise. Then they upped the included drink value to $11. Now they've included ANY drinks I want where I only have to make up the difference over $11, at worst additional pennies.

I cannot for the life of me see how anyone can criticise it like NCL are somehow obliged to provide everything for free. None of it is free, it has to be paid for somewhere. Newsflash, they are in this for a profit, no other reason. I consider it very good value for money.

I wonder if this will work for the souvenir cups for the drink of the day?

I'm pretty sure it does, even if the drink was more than allowed just pay the difference.

Edited by waverley7