Oasis of the Seas - Deck 8 or 9?

Choosing between identical oceanview, midship balcony rooms - the only difference is that they're on either deck 8 (8582) or deck 9 (9582). From a noise/traffic perspective, is there any difference in these cabins? Which would you pick?

WE have stayed on deck 8 the last two years on the Oasis, I like the fact that it is on the same level as park central. Which means a nice walk through area, with a bar, and restaurants.

Other than that, can't think of any difference. On deck 9 you have to walk all thru the regular hallways. I like the change of walking thru the park central area to go from one end to the other end of the ship.

jc

I would choose deck 8 for two reasons:

1) Close to central park

2) Less hallway traffic - no inside cabins across the hall and lots of pax use central park to walk through instead of the hallway.

We had deck 8 and loved it for both of those reasons.

We just booked deck 9 on Oasis and the cabin assigned is across from Dazzle dance club? Should we be concerned with noise coming from the club?

We have stayed opposite Dazzles on deck 8 three times. No noise problems whatsoever. Just to add, Dazzles is two levels, it is on Deck 8&9,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by oneputt18

We have stayed opposite Dazzles on deck 8 three times. No noise problems whatsoever.

Thank you very much for that. I didn't want to get onboard only to find out that we'd be kept up by music and rumbling bass until the wee hours of the morning.

Thank you very much for that. I didn't want to get onboard only to find out that we'd be kept up by music and rumbling bass until the wee hours of the morning.

Just to add, the musicians and dance floor in Dazzles are on Deck 8. Deck 9 is a balcony above that with additional seating.

Edited by oneputt18

We just booked deck 9 on Oasis and the cabin assigned is across from Dazzle dance club? Should we be concerned with noise coming from the club?

The cabins are far enough away from the club so I don't think it will be a problem at all.

I am booked in 9692. An OV balcony close to Dazzles on deck 9. Should I try to change to a same category D7 OV balcony behind Vintages on Deck 8? I booked this cruise in a hurry last year and thought booking on a deck without anything else but cabins was smart and didn't do research. Now once again I'm reading a thread where people are saying deck 8 is the best. :confused:

I am booked in 9692. An OV balcony close to Dazzles on deck 9. Should I try to change to a same category D7 OV balcony behind Vintages on Deck 8? I booked this cruise in a hurry last year and thought booking on a deck without anything else but cabins was smart and didn't do research. Now once again I'm reading a thread where people are saying deck 8 is the best. :confused:

It doesn't really make a huge difference. If walking through the park rather than the hallway is a make or break issue then go ahead and change, but for the things I book based on - like distance to amenities and restaurants, cabins above and below (reduces noise) - deck 8 and 9 are pretty equal. I was on deck 9 on Oasis and have also booked deck 9 for Harmony.

Thanks, guys! We booked 8582 and 8590. :)

We have one in our party who gets seasick - do you think those cabins are far enough back? Do the huge ships rock less?

The ship movement cannot be predicted. Even the megaships are miniscule compared to the forces of the sea and wind. To minimize movement, book as low and close to midship as possible.

One cruise on Oasis, I honestly never felt like we were at sea, on the last cruise a few times I had the classic walking down the hallway swaying from side to side.

That said the Oasis class is by far the most stable ship in normal seas.

jc

One cruise on Oasis, I honestly never felt like we were at sea, on the last cruise a few times I had the classic walking down the hallway swaying from side to side.

That said the Oasis class is by far the most stable ship in normal seas.

jc

We had one cruise on Allure, and were bouncing off the corridor walls one night. All depends on the conditions.

Bob, I am sure that if the Oasis came out of the straits of Magellen into the Pacific like we did on HAL a decade ago it would be a mess. The wife and I were literally tossed from the bed onto the floor. We had and inside cabin, on deck 3 where our beds were perpendicular to the direction of the ship. It was tranquil and then chaos. Since we were in an inside cabin, we couldn't see what was going on so we turned on the tv to the bridgeview channel, and we saw sky, then horizon then nothing as the wave crashed over the front of the ship beyond the bridge level. The aft pool behind the lido restaurant flooded the lido deck, we went to breakfast in the MDR and the waiters were removing all of the pre set up plates and glasses. We ate a minimal breakfast, I went to bed, and my wife went to the treadmill an hour or two after playing in the 40 foot waves the captain went back in the straits to calmer waters. It was the craziest 2 hours of my sea sailing career...

The worst I have experienced beyond that was the banging into walls bit, and one night on the Adventure, where I was trying to pack heading into San Juan, when I was just a little bit drunk and my wife had broken her foot 5 days before in Aruba... I was like getting pissed that the captain was trying to save fuel not trying to put out the stabilizers. Who knows if that was the case, but it didn't look rough at all, but the ship was just crazy moving...

You are right in the right conditions no ship is stable.

jc