Great! Can't Even SEE Excursions...

Raxter54

Went to the Carnival site to check whether I can book any excursions for my Jan 31 2016 cruise on the Dream. Up til now, you could look at some of the excursions, but couldn't book them. NOW, I'm sent to a page labeled "Shore Excursions : Western Caribbean" which shows no excursions at all. None. Zip. Nil. Nada. The Big Goose Egg. Can't even find a listing for FTTF.

In a previous thread I was told that the excursions were being negotiated for 2016 and wouldn't be available for booking until June (others said 120 days before sailing). At least I was able to look at them and do some comparing. Oh well, have 9 months to get things straightened out....

We have our excursions and FTTF purchased for our August cruise as of this past January (8 months out) so I am not sure where the 120 days is coming from? Also, just put deposit down for January 2nd cruise and can see the excursions no problem (have not made purchase yet)??? Last time I looked was last Friday so maybe something glitchy going on with excursions?

Went to the Carnival site to check whether I can book any excursions for my Jan 31 2016 cruise on the Dream. Up til now, you could look at some of the excursions, but couldn't book them. NOW, I'm sent to a page labeled "Shore Excursions : Western Caribbean" which shows no excursions at all. None. Zip. Nil. Nada. The Big Goose Egg. Can't even find a listing for FTTF.

In a previous thread I was told that the excursions were being negotiated for 2016 and wouldn't be available for booking until June (others said 120 days before sailing). At least I was able to look at them and do some comparing. Oh well, have 9 months to get things straightened out....

I called to get carnival web site tech assistance and they told me the excursions for my 2016 cruise would be available in May:)

For the past couple of years, excursions for the following year usually start getting uploaded late April/May.

Not sure where this 120 days garbage comes from (I see it posted often). Probably one of those bad pieces of information that gets posted here and then quoted every time the question comes up. Pretty common around here.

It's just a glitch. I keep going to see if the FTTF "excursion" has any openings (no luck yet) for my upcoming cruise in June, and more than 50% of the time the excursions won't show up at all. I have to keep fiddling with refreshing the screen and clicking on different buttons and eventually they'll upload again. This has been going on for several days.

There's been a glitch with the Carnival website changing over from the old design to the new for several months now. The technical department is said to be aware of the problem, and is said to be working on it. For my cruise is July, all of the excursions for the home/debarkation port is either blank, missing, or results in an error message. I'm trying to grab a FTTF for this port also, but others such as Disney, Universal, KSC, end up with the same results. When I call my PVP or the main number, the tell me they're aware, and hopefully they'll have it fixed soon. They were able to tell me that FTTF is still unavailable for this cruise, but also that there's a low number of Platinum and Diamond cruisers for my sailing to date to FTTF should be opening back up, possible after final payment which is less than a month away. Good luck with getting yours.

For the past couple of years, excursions for the following year usually start getting uploaded late April/May.

Not sure where this 120 days garbage comes from (I see it posted often). Probably one of those bad pieces of information that gets posted here and then quoted every time the question comes up. Pretty common around here.

It comes from Carnivals CS department. When you call in and ask they usually say 120 days. :rolleyes:

It comes from Carnivals CS department. When you call in and ask they usually say 120 days. :rolleyes:

It also says it online in the rare occasion that you can actually get the excursions to show up for a 2016 cruise. You hover over the button that should be Add To Cart but is greyed out instead, and you get the 120 day message. I think they just give that message to be on the safe side, in case the 2016 negotiations get delayed.

And FYI to the OP: I also have the experience that sometimes the excursions will be viewable for my 2016 cruise, and sometimes they are not. That's on my computer. On my phone they are never there.

Just did my daily check of excursions for our Dream cruise - there are actually a few excursions that are up for purchase. 6 excursions at Mahogany Bay, 1 at Belize, and 4 at Cozumel. I assume these have been "negotiated" by Carnival and the tour provider, and that more will be put up as they become available. FTTF still isn't up for purchase - guess Carnival isn't done negotiate with themselves...:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I'm sailing in April 2016. Any idea when excursions will be available?

I booked my cruise today through my TA and I have my booking number. I've got it entered into "My Cruise Manager" but when I click "Book Excursion" or "Cruise Details" it defaults back to my earlier cruise that I have booked. Has it just not updated in their system or what? Anyone have any info?

For my Jan 2016 cruise, we are now up to 76 excursions, still no FTTF.....:(

Same with ours, January 2016...I tried to pester my pup into giving me a timeframe but he wouldn't budge. I was originally told Mid to late May and now may has pretty much ended..

Honestly who knows? I think for those of us that want it the best thing to really do is to just check daily or as much as you can for it, because as soon as you stop looking for it, that will be the day it's released!

Same with ours, January 2016...I tried to pester my pup into giving me a timeframe but he wouldn't budge. I was originally told Mid to late May and now may has pretty much ended..

Honestly who knows? I think for those of us that want it the best thing to really do is to just check daily or as much as you can for it, because as soon as you stop looking for it, that will be the day it's released!

The problem as I see it - how will I know that ALL the excursions have been listed? Are they going to put a flashing banner at the top of the page saying "THAT'S ALL THE EXCURSIONS FOR YOUR CRUISE!"

I'm a little upset to say the least..I was also told shore excursions wouldn't be up for quite awhile for my Jan 2 Glory cruise. I checked a few weeks ago before I went on my land vacation..I could see soem, but not book. I just checked now and the one I really wanted is not there( as well as the FTTF). I don't know if the Roatan Pirates, Birds and Monkeys is sold out or not offered. We chose this itinerary so we could see monkeys in Roatan..does anyone know if the tour is sold out, I can gto to Gumbalimba park on our own or find a tour guide once we get to port?

I talked to a Carnival rep on the phone last week about FTTF for my Valentines Day sailing on the Carnival Dream. She seemed surprised FTTF didn't show for the cruise yet even if unavailable and greyed out. She put me on hold to check and said she was told it should be up in the next few weeks. I'm checking every day though.